ECUTEK Tuned By Scott @ SOG

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by JJang12, Jun 24, 2005.

1. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

WOW~!!!!!!!!! :naughty: :naughty:

Finally, I got tuned by Scott with EcuTek. My car is SUPER smooth now. The power comes on SOO smoothly and early, I barely feel the "BANG" that i used to get when the turbo kicks in. Peak boost is around 19psi and tapers down (just like most other other people). Ecutek pulls harder and smoother than my previous AP Stage 2 map. I love it!!!

I went to SOG around 8:30am and was done by 6:00pm. It took little longer than I expected, but it was all worth it. Scott took his time without rushing anything to make everything perfect as possible. No surge, SMOOTH AFR, HARD Boost, and COOL EGT. I love it!! I LOVE IT!!!!

oh yeah, i add another "BLING" along with my ecutek. USDM STi TMIC. It's all scott's fault. haha Now i gotta get STi scoop and splitter. More money again. This addiction will never stop~!!

Power Mods
    ------------------------
    Crucial Racing Ceramic Coated In/Out Uppipe
    Crucial Racing Ceramic Coated In/Out Downpipe
    Stromung High Flow Cat
    Stromung 3" Catback
    USDM STi TMIC
    EcuTek By Scott

Last edited: Jul 29, 2005
  2. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

congrats man welcome to the ecutek club

3. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

yea, finally i joined you guys. I thought i'll be happy with ecutek, but NOW i want MORE!

4. rolling_trip

u get to dyno it at sog?

5. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

good to hereyou got it tuned chang. thats comming up very soon for me. got a few more things to do befroe i get ecuteked so i dont have to waste additional money on tuning when i do the new turbo. you dont have an after market turbo do you? what kinda of numbers did you pull?

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

yes... dyno numbers please

7. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Awesome man! It was great meeting you up at SOG yesterday. The car looks and sounds awesome. :bigthumb:

8. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

Thanx clay. I wish i dyno it, but the time ran out. Scott and I decided to spend more time on road tuning due to turbo surge from smaller restrictor pill. I guess we'll find out on the next dyno day!!

9. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Could we move this to the reviews forum?

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

done...

11. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

Little Update with my ecutek.

I began to have surge at 5th gear couple weeks ago. Now there is random 4th gear surge. So when i'm cruising on highway near 75mph and floors WOT(5th gear around 3k rpm), boost shoots up to 21psi then comes down to 17psi and it repeats couple more time. Around 4K~4.5K rpm, it settles to 19psi which was tuned for. Oh well... I'm being little lazy with contacting Scott. This really took away my fun highway pass...

12. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

But..but...everybody says ecutek is perfect. :confused:

Heh, just kiddin'... :D maybe you have a leak somewhere or a loose vac line or something. If there was a problem in the tune you'd think it would have shown up sooner. Let us know what you find!

13. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Are you using the stock restrictor? I am having similar problems (4th gear boost surge) with a smaller restrictor and Prodrive Stage 2.

14. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

I have smaller restrictor which scott installed. Before I forget, i'm gonna call him up and schedule appointment. I remember him saying that he will touch down some wastegate duty little bit.

15. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Good idea. Yeah, Scott said that a smaller restrictor without adjusting the wastegate duty cycle could cause surge. Unfortunately, right now, Scott can't tweak the Prodrive maps, but Prodrive should be unlocking the maps very soon. For now, I'm leaving the small restrictor until the upgrade to PPP3. Good luck with the car and keep us posted.

16. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

Chang,
    Hey Buddy, I called you back this morning (on my layover from tuning in Canada), but no answer... Your first post is so happy, and now you seem a bit upset about this. I apologize about the 5th gear surge, going with the really small restrictor makes it harder to prevent surge, but all you need to do is stop in and I can have you back to smooth in no time (one hour at the most, at no charge of course) -

"My car is SUPER smooth now. The power comes on SOO smoothly and early, I barely feel the "BANG" that i used to get when the turbo kicks in. Peak boost is around 19psi and tapers down (just like most other other people). Ecutek pulls harder and smoother than my previous AP Stage 2 map. I love it!!!"

I want you to love it again. I can do you this afternoon, Wed. morning or Friday morning.

Give me a call.

SS

17. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

On friday, Scott did couple touch up on my map. Now it's SMOOOTH again. Surge is GONE!! I hope that it'll be never come back. :wavey:

Since i had little free time, i decided to get dyno done. Guess what?? I got 251wtq and 231whp. I gained HUGE 28wtq but gained only 4whp compare to my accessport. BUT, my accessport dyno was done at TopSpeed in this spring, and the temperature at SOG was 15-20 deg higher. I think DynoJet (TopSpeed) usually reads slightly higher than other dynos, but not sure...

Thanx Scott!!

18. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Congratulations! I'm glad to hear another great success with EcuTek @ the hands of Scott.

19. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

ur making good power... im sure ur happy :)

20. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

ECUTEK vs AP Stage 2

Disclaimer : These two dynos were done in TWO different dynos and TWO different days. ECUTEK dyno was done at SOG with DynoPack and AP Stage 2 map was done at TopSpeed with DynoJet. The temps in SOG was significantly higher than TopSpeed due to weather.

ECUTEK Mods:
    Crucial Racing UP & DP
    Stromung HighFlow Cat
    Stromung 3" Catback
    STi v8 TMIC
    Silencer Delete

251wtq@4550rpm & 231whp@5300rpm

AP Stage 2 Mods:
    Crucial Racing UP & DP
    Stock 3rd Cat
    Stromung 3" Catback
    Samco IC Y-Hose
    Silencer Delete

227wtq@3900rpm & 222whp@5700rpm

Now here is my ghetto excel graph.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2005
  21. married05gt

married05gt starting over

nice man, I would be happy with that.

22. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Quite respectable :)

23. KingofSiam

KingofSiam Member

Sorry, noob here, but SOG doesn't stand for Subaru of Gwinnett does it?

24. rolling_trip

thats the one

25. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

chang: looking at ur plots, i notice the ecutek makes much more power at lower rpms but at higher rpm, AP seems to make more power... im inclined to believe this difference in power up top is because of the boost taper scott has set on ECUTEK... looks like AP is running higher boost up top... do u know how much boost AP made past 5000 rpm?

26. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

yes it does..

27. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

The AP doesn't make any more, it just doesn't make much less... like you said though, they may not have had such a "safe" taper in it...

(mumbling) more power then mine.... (mumble, mumble) we'll see how much power that Super 16 makes now.... :D

SS

28. rolling_trip

oh no milo u are in for it now

29. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Well, you are comparing stock 3rd cat vs high flow and stock vs aftermarket TMIC as well...

30. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i agree... more reason to make more power throughout the band with ecutek... thats y i wonder how much boost AP makes past 5k rpm