EFR turbos and GTX turbos

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Mike@TTR, Feb 18, 2011.

1. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

So the inlet is torn and you are sucking in un-metered air and you think its ok to drive....yeah it won't be running lean or anything....do a couple more full throttle pulls and get us some logs.....or you could....STOP DRIVING IT

2. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

been acting this way for past few months. If nothing broke by now, doubt it will. If it does, o well, 2.5 is in order.

3. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Cause you stock inlet is shredded.

4. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Not for long. :cool:

I'm still waiting for a call from Brandon for this Saturday.

5. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

You have been driving around for a few months with a torn turbo inlet and you think that is ok?

Man not trying to be an ass but you are the definition of a retarded monkey.

6. b reel

b reel Active Member

no Eddie, that's just being a dumbass.

7. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

What happened with that inlet you got on Sunday?

8. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

He will probably take it up to AllPro as the only thing he can swap on his car is wheels.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  9. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Probably. Since I'll be doing TGV deletes, and meth kit. :cool: But if it's a really nice sunny day out this weekend, I'll be doing it my self, minus the TGV deletes.

And what's wrong with taking it to Allpro? If everyone worked on their cars, what would the purpose be of having shops around......

10. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

TGV deletes aren't gonna do anything for you on a VF turbo fyi. I wouldn't waste my time with them. But if you are gonna do them you may as well get the phenolic spacers....that junk works. Doug was beating on my car hard on the dyno and I could lay my hand on the intake manifold without getting scorched. Stock it would burn the skin off you hands if you did that.

11. techlord

techlord Active Member

May I recommend 4th or 5th gear and dont forget to run the redline. we need all that log data...so that really means bounce off the revlimiter so that it will log all the way to 7K. ;)

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

7250....but yeah do that so we can accurately pinpoint what's going on other than that inlet leak.

13. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

hahahhaa

14. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Yeah, I did 5th. I will load the logs in a few. :squint:

On real note. I'll be doing the inlet my self tomorrow after I get some new gaskets for the manifold. Doesn't seem that hard, just time consuming, by reading some guides.

15. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Yeah, let us know how that goes... :rofl:

16. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Will do. I'll update my journal once is done. ;) I do work on my car you know, I just don't have anything to work with, lol.

17. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

filling up the gas tank does not count.

18. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Yeah, ok buddy. Why does it really matter to you if I work on my car or not. Seems like you are riding my nuts really hard about it.......

19. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

20. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Ok what this have to do with a Subaru?

21. b reel

b reel Active Member

are you lost little nissan owner?

22. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

LOL don't get me wrong....I'll have another Subaru. Just biding my time for the right one as I'm jumping straight to a STi this time. Kinda waiting out for the used 2011's to come out.