Enzo's 2013 WRX

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Enzo, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Enzo

Enzo Supporting Member

Well I never really thought I would be putting together a members journal because I originally did not plan on doing a ton of mods, but I was explaining to a colleague at work what I had done to it and I realized that I probably have enough to start a members journal. I bought a WRX after my Mini Cooper caught fire and exploded on I-20 on my way home from work. I wanted a fun car to continue mountain runs with, AWD was a plus, and I wanted a hatch. The WRX became the perfect platform to begin the Subaru journey with. I bought the car brand new off the lot and the only extras were fog lights and the nav unit. After driving the car for a few months I began the modding. The current list is as follows:

24mm Front /22mm Rear Whiteline Sways
    Kartboy Endlinks
    KartBoy ShortThrow with Front and Rear Bushings
    Hella Supertones
    WC Latheworks aluminum shift knob
    JPM Coachworks Alcantera/Leather Steering Wheel
    JPM Coachworks Armrest Cover
    SMY Gauge Cluster with AEM Boost and AEM Oil Pressure Gauge
    Nameless Muffler Delete Axle Back
    Invidia Catted Down-pipe
    Stage 2 Tune
    Mudflaps

That is all that has been done and I think I have leveled off for a little while. Next I plan to get the E-Brake and Shift Boot from JPM to match the steering wheel and armrest cover.

2. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Wow what caused the Mini to explode and catch fire? Glad you were ok.

3. Enzo

Enzo Supporting Member

The insurance inspector said it was electrical but based on the flaming trail of power-steering fluid on I-20, I am pretty sure that the powersteering pump blew and the fluid caught fire and it just spread.

4. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

I think my next purchase will be kartboy short shifter. Cheapest I've found brand new is $200 with bushings. (From what I've read should've done this long time ago)

5. Enzo

Enzo Supporting Member

I got the short throw off someone on Nasioc for $50. Bushing i believe were $40-$50 on Rally Sport Diect

6. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

the bushings will help tremendously.

7. Enzo

Enzo Supporting Member

Yeah, it is really pointless without the bushings. There is a kit out there for a third bushing which I didn't know about when i did it

8. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

ah prob the pitch stop bushing. that one bushing does help some more but also sends the gear whine resonating into the transmission tunnel, on my generation at least. I personally don't mind it but 1-3rd cruising around town i can hear the whine over the exhaust, sorta reminds me of straight cut gears but nowhere that loud.

9. Enzo

Enzo Supporting Member

Is that the bushing that comes with the holy shift kit?

10. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

yup, on my car its kinda like a stumpy 'T' shape with a hole in it where part of the linkage goes into.

11. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member