Every Other Monday Nights Andretti Meet

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by FACE, Aug 11, 2008.

1. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

It will be a first for me, i'll post my times and tell you all how the renovation looks and whether the new carts are fun :D

2. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Wirelessly posted (From Your Mom's House)

supposedly, the new carts won't be in until the end of the month...I got to test drive one a while ago and they are very nice. They will also be getting new helmets if they haven't already.

3. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Sweet! I cant wait for some karting.

4. Mindspin311

Mindspin311 Member

Whats the deal with $10 races? Is that only during the week?

5. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

only on Mondays

6. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

Was tons of fun, we got our 10 dollar races in, first time out 24.3...slooow.
    However, the bar had the 2 dollar drafts, 2 dollar exotic beer bottles they were getting rid of, 2 dollar mystery shots, 2 dollar wells...tipsy karting is the fun. They said after the 30th, they will have the new karts and the arcade set back up.

7. Mindspin311

Mindspin311 Member

Any word on the fate of the old carts?

8. Mindspin311

Mindspin311 Member

Was there last night. Fastest lap was a 23.7. Even when I felt like I was going faster, I wasnt. I wish all the cars were equal haha.

9. Tireboi

Tireboi Member

i was there last night also wat time was ur race?

10. Mindspin311

Mindspin311 Member

Ran at 1030, 1050, 1240, 1250

11. Tireboi

Tireboi Member

o dam i think i raced with u idk i cant remember my race, but i ran a 22.4 i dunno that was the times i raced at tho

12. Mindspin311

Mindspin311 Member

Yea 23.7 was the best I could do. Dunno if it was me or the kart. I thought I had some pretty good lines.

13. FACE

FACE Active Member

So today is Jamies birthday and she wants to race tonight. We will be there around 8-8:30. Anyone want to come out and join us?

14. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Im down... Even though you didnt send me a text invite...

As far as the old karts, i heard they are for sale.

15. FACE

FACE Active Member

Their are a few folks that I don't have numbers for. If you didn't get a text then :fawk: JK SEND ME A MESSAGE SO I WILL HAVE YOUR NUMBER!

16. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

they have the new karts finally?

17. FACE

FACE Active Member

I think so. text me nicad...I need your number

18. Tireboi

Tireboi Member

oo nice finally sum karting ill be there

19. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

From the horses mouth; new carts won't be in until the 6th and then it will take a few days to get them prepped.

20. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

[​IMG]

21. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

for some reason...I expected more from you.

22. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

trying to keep it kid friendly (wrxin8or)

23. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

can he work and mod at the same time?

24. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

no, he's chicken shit about visiting websites at work :naughty:

25. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

9:10 & 9:20

26. FACE

FACE Active Member

So wagunz_pwn just informed me that the new carts and new track will be ready this monday night.

Anyone interested in checking them out this Monday night?

27. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

gotta work. :unamused:

starting new job soon so more nights and weekends

28. Tireboi

Tireboi Member

finally. Ill be down.

29. b reel

b reel Active Member

may have to make that ride out for that

30. FACE

FACE Active Member

Duke...do you want those pads? they are yours is you cover mine and jamies races tonight...I cover the extra for tax ;)

We can only have ten total on the track at a time so post up if your planning on coming out tonight!

31. Tireboi

Tireboi Member

i will be

32. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Ill be there

33. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

10:30 and 10:40 reserved...there is a special event that has all the times before that. We will be first on the track.

I shouldn't have to say this, but...Please show some restraint tonight...these are brand new carts on a new track configuration. All the carts are running perfectly and we need to help keep them that way. Do not mash the pedal as hard as you can...It can get stuck WOT.

Face and his lady will not be joining us...he has to go to bed early.

34. slowwrx

Sweet

LOL...No

LOL....

35. slowwrx

I think I'm going to get Phu before if anyone else wants to go

36. Mindspin311

Mindspin311 Member

Hmm, was considering this, but Im not sure if I want to wait till 1030...

37. FACE

FACE Active Member

Next time ladies :(

38. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Uh oh...times have been pushed back to 11:00 and 11:10. sorry.

39. Suprman

Suprman Member

I was there tonight, and again missed you guys because i don't know what you guys look like.

best i could muster was 26.336, they said the best anyone has done is 25.2xx.

wagun pwn, i saw your name on the race right after mine a few times, but didn't know which one you were. also how do you get the reserved spots and inside info? i'll have to let you know next time i come so i can get on track with you guys and not the d-bags that ruin it for everyone.

40. slowwrx

For the record...apparently MMTasty and I are the ones that ruin it for everyone. If anyone would like pointers on what you need to do to get kicked out ....just do what we did....which is....we aren't sure...but you can damn sure get kicked out for it.

41. Suprman

Suprman Member

i got kicked out of the 11:50 race because someone was stupid and spun and stopped right at the first corner, i was coming down the straight and didn't see him till the last minute and slammed into him. I was pretty pissed and talked to the manager and got another race luckily.

42. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

I was the short guy with the beard and Braves hat. Just check the latest post in this thread on Monday's and I'll post up the reserved times...if we can get them anymore. ;)

Management, like the kid that Matt and Mike met...is brand new and their justification for being assholes and kicking everybody out, is that they just dropped $450,000 on fixing up the place and carts...they just want to keep it that way. So yeah, they are gonna be harsh on the bumping...but damn, the new track layout almost encourages it and some of the carts are slooooow as shit. At that point, the only way to have any fun is to block the guy coming from behind...guess what, you can't do that either. Hmmmm.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  43. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

sounds like a blast...ball, you better have gone down in your usual standard, and that had better have been guns blazing

44. FACE

FACE Active Member

With that said we need to make sure we don't piss them off and play by their rules or we won't be welcome and that will piss me off...

45. slowwrx

Yeah, thats what pisses me off, everyone was playing by there rules. Someone spun in front of me in turn one and I hit them...nothing I could do. They are just being dicks because they just bought karts.

46. Mindspin311

Mindspin311 Member

So the new and improved 'super karts' arent that fast??

47. b reel

b reel Active Member

Matt was trying to recreate the last lap of Monterey and ended up being the Vette. With the layout now, the dogfighting is fun but lap times and WOT have gone to shit. Give it time and I'm sure they will relax a little.

48. slowwrx

They are pretty quick and they have more grip it seems like but there are about 14 switch backs so you are constantly on the brakes.

49. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

New track is super lame and they were being jackasses about the karts. If I wanted to drive super cautious and safe I could just go drive my car around the block. Rubbing and bumping was half the fun.

50. Mindspin311

Mindspin311 Member

I like the previous track. Good mix of speed and technical stuff. I may go next monday to check it out on my own tho.