Exhaust help

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SonicBoom, Nov 9, 2012.

1. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Poking around to find either a catback or axle back exhaust for the Camaro. Finding that they are pretty expensive. Most Axlebacks are $550-600 and Catbacks are 800+ for name brands. Its been so long, do any of you that drive 'Merican muscle have any suggestions?

I did find this one.. I've never heard of the brand, but it looks pretty and is priced right ($399 shipped). Sounds a little tinny and pops a little... But others have suggested to me that that is probably how most of them sound on the V6...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174885

2. Jake

Jake Active Member

had two buddies back in the day, one had a firebird and the other a camaro, both V6's. one had straight pipes (no mufflers) the other had straight pipes to flowmasters, couldn't tell much difference to be honest. both sounded ok i guess for V6's.

3. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^ I had Flowmasters on my 1990 Mustang GT... they sounded great.... So, they are on the list...

4. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah as far as cheap Domestic weld on exhaust goes, flowmaster is hard to beat for performance/sound/price

5. Coldcat83

Coldcat83 Member

Makes it sound similar to the DE motor G's.

6. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Just am concerned about the popping noise in that clip I linked... (Its CNT, not flowmaster).. but I'm just wondering if that is common for V6's with any aftermarket setup. Not sure if its backfire or what...

7. Coldcat83

Coldcat83 Member

I am guessing you are talking about the popping in the last video which appears to be the camera making that noise. If thats not what your talking about then yes that is just how a V6 Camaro sounds no muscle lol.

8. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^^ its got 323 HP.. :( (kicks rock).... :)

9. Coldcat83

Coldcat83 Member

Sorry if I offended your MUSCLE car lol. You never answered me about the popping.

10. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^ lol... its all good... I don't think its the camera... the popping seems to occur when he lets off the gas. My coworkers Mustang does that too (V8 with aftermarket axle back)...