F@#$ now there isn't any premium!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BelvnAWD, Sep 28, 2008.

1. seanwrxwagon

seanwrxwagon Member

I paid $4.30 a gallon for regular on saturday for my wifes passat. Her car has this fancy computer that, amongst other things, guesses how many miles you can travel before you run out of gas. It said five miles when I got to the pump. That would be the opposite of topping off, something like bottoming on.

2. schneid

schneid Member

my 330i has the same thing. when I took it home from the dealer it said "----". I called my roommate and asked what this mean (he owned an m3) and he said it is what is displayed when you go past "0". I drove about 5 miles looking for gas and finally found some. called dealer and raised holy hell.

3. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

re: topping off

guys, it IS fucking things up, and what i mean by not topping off is this: when you hit half a tank, you then start keeping an eye/researching out for gas. given the "hunting" you'll have to do for gas, you will be putting in more than half a tank when you do find gas.

just requires a little planning ahead.

4. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

got fucked out of gas by the travel place near work. put a few gallons of 87 in (trying to burn it off and still get where I need to). hopped in the car, needle didnt move. didnt pump SHIT.

I bitched at every retarded bastard in that place and I got no refund. how the hell am I supposed to prove it didn't pump anything? :mad:

time for a chargeback. pricks.

5. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

huh? did you have to pay up front, with a credit card? Did the meter on the pump move? How did you get charged but not get any gas?

6. seanwrxwagon

seanwrxwagon Member

Yeah, I didn't think the tank would actually be empty when I reached 0 miles but I'm sure that car has never been that low before.

7. Davidwrx

Davidwrx Member

Don't put too much stock in the needle. If I am on E (and actually out) I think it would take at least 3 gallons to get it to move off E.

8. monk

yeah those needles are horrible... the first half of my tank usually moves fast and then the last half goes down really slow. how hard is it to get a gauge that works in a $30K car :(

9. jeb

jeb Member

I found premium yesterday after work :). QT on fulton industrial south of I20

10. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

premium at chevron off cheshire/lindbergh!!!!! wooo!!!!

11. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

I heard rumors chevron was putting water in their gas. Anyone else hear anything?

12. monk

oh, this is too rich (taken from ajc.com)

I would like to find this Jill Stuckey and personally put my foot up her ass... sideways.

In fact I would like to take Purdue and throw him into her ass head first and kill two birds with one stone.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  13. yardhippie

yardhippie Member

Racetrac on PIB just north of Holcolmb Bridge had 93 for 4.29 and no lines this morning.
    Nice since I was on fumes.

14. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

i'm sorry, but what would the executive governor do, exactly? everybody wants him to say 'this is bad'. Okay, so what? Then what is he supposed to do after that? Thats never made clear by these other agencies.

Seriously, if the governor just came out and said 'yep, its bad,' and thats it, then even more people would take it as a sign to panic...

15. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

yes, I prepaid with CC. I'm not sure if they use a mechanical flowmeter, but something was up. my gauge was just above 1/4 tank when I pulled in, and it didnt move when I was done. after my rage fest at the dumb clerk, I went across the street to the pilot, put the exact same amount in and the needle moved up to just under 1/w tank

I put in 3 gallons, little less than 1/4 tank worth and the needle didnt move at all. it isnt THAT inaccurate guys

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  16. seanwrxwagon

seanwrxwagon Member

Premium at costco off Barrett Parkway.

17. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I topped it off with premium today when I saw there were no lines at the Chevron on Roswell. Some prick was on one of the pumps blocking some lady. Evidently he saw one of his friends and decided to go over and chit chat before moving his car while the lady behind him sat asking him to move. I thought about recording the whole incident to see how he'd react but just watched from my pump.

Its funny because the line was forming at QT down the street and they only had regular meanwhile I noticed most of the other stations in Sandy Springs got a shipment in that noone knew about.

I paid $4.59 for premium BTW

18. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^^ Yeah, seeing that Chevron by our house makes me think were finally starting to come out of this thing.. they haven't had gas since this started. Also, when I left for work was the first time in a week and a 1/2 that there was no line at our QT. And don't feel too bad about $4.59.. paid $4.69 at BP... As far as Nicad's issue, I do think he got scammed... 3 gallans should make your needle move, at least a little bit. That sucks because he can't prove anything. Thats another thing that sucks, because his situation and other situations were people get bad gas that blows their motor... you can't prove anything..

19. longfury

longfury Active Member

I paid $3.97 for premium at a Exxon station on exit 296. It was 1 of only 2 stations I saw as I was driving around on my way home. I went out of my way to drive past as many stations as I could.

20. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

that was the station that fucked me. I wouldn't shop there

21. longfury

longfury Active Member

Never had a problem there. The Pilot across the street makes my car run like shit.

22. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

it's only 92 octane at the pilot

23. longfury

longfury Active Member

Yeah, I know. I rarely get gas there anymore. It's only if its cheaper than the Exxon.

I have bought gas at that Exxon since it was built. I live less than 10 mins from there. I am sorry you had a problem there. I know it sucks. :unamused:

24. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

We just got a whole drum of Q16, so if you need it, let us know.

Siegel

25. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

I need some intravenously, that stuff is the Shiat! My car is hooked!

26. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

i'm seeing premium on roswell road, sandy springs, inside the perimeter. A chevron and phillips if anyone's still looking.

27. longfury

longfury Active Member

I am seeing more and more stations with all grades. It looks like the worst is over, for now.

28. Deke

Deke Active Member

That's good to hear. I haven't really been paying attention to gas stations all that much lately since I managed to get a full tank last week.

29. Eco Auto Clean

x2

30. longfury

longfury Active Member

I have to get fuel every 3 days, so I keep a close eye on this sorta thing.

31. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Yeah, I managed to find premium today, but I did still have to search a little. Makes me realize how much gas I go through in a week. I only drove where it was absolutely necessary to drive (read: work, grocery store, daycare, home), and still went through a tank in 5 days.

32. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Chevron at Buford highway and Jimmy Carter has premium

33. schneid

schneid Member

anyone inside the perimeter found 93?

34. YOMANDO

YOMANDO Member

im runing on 87 now. it sucks to be smoking at the red light.

35. Sti4LifR

Sti4LifR New Member

smoking at the red light? surely you don't mean literally right? Is 87 that bad?

36. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  37. Jake

Jake Active Member

well the engine will probly detune for the 87. and usually a "safe" tune is a rich tune. So its just dumping extra gas in there to make it safer to drive. hence the reason you get shittier gas mileage and the reason it is "smoking" at a redlight. I bet if you floored it, it would make a nice big black cloud. that is the unburnt extra fuel pretty much going straight into your exhaust

38. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Hmm dunno about that..

39. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

I piss premium...

40. Eco Auto Clean

in that case my LGT just happens to be into golden showers.. ha

41. Eco Auto Clean

SHELL @ cheshire bridge/85 has prem!!!! woooo!!! 4.59/gal

42. Demo24

Demo24 Member

I got lucky today and found some premium at a local Chevron station. I think I paid about 4.29 for it. I didn't care, I was just happy to find gas and premium at that!

I then proceeded to haul ass out of the gas station and do some spirited driving for the next 10 minutes :)

43. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

haven't had any issues finding premium lately myself.

44. FACE

FACE Active Member

You just wake up ;)

45. slowdriver

slowdriver Banned

The Tacos he ate last year put him to sleep for a very long time.

Take my advice: Do not eat the same tacos he is eating!

46. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

How do you find these threads to post on Brian? Wouldn't it be easier to just post on the current threads?

EDIT: I probably won't ever get an answer from him.

This was pretty good to read through again. That must have sucked.

47. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

I just thought it was interesting how much gas was back then, in perspective to where it is now at the end of this decade.

-Brian

48. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

It actually is pretty interesting. I was not in Atlanta at the time, and am glad that I wasn't.

49. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Yeah, we were driving to Topeka, KS and back during this time with a 10mpg vehicle, and it was scary leaving GA, and having to call up 30 gas stations to find one that actually had gas. We had to drive almost to the border to find it.