Few teaser pictures going flat black

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by 04subiwrx, Jan 23, 2009.

1. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

i 2nd that^^

2. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I'm not a fan of flat black but love the flat blue and silver.

Wonder what a flat white looks like?

3. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Love this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Yeah, the flat red and flat orange are cool.

5. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

any color flat is awesome!!

6. undrgrndrdr15

7. 04subiwrx

04subiwrx Member

Well I finished it up except for the trunk and took it for alittle ride.. i have one problen tho when I sprayed the drivers side door it must have been to cold in the garage and its a bit blotchy. I might just leave it until this weekend or til it gets warmer. Might be rolling in on fri with a shitty looking driver side door. oh well might just have to get a set of seibon carbon fiber ones.

8. undrgrndrdr15

no one will be able to tell in the dark too well... and go for the doors lol

9. techlord

techlord Active Member

10. JEFFSTI

JEFFSTI Member

i want to do my car satin black bad! i cant wait

11. 04subiwrx

04subiwrx Member

Update

Little update... After living with the flat black for a few months I decided to have the car painted white. The color is called blue white its white with a bluish hue. If anyone wants to paint a car flat black DONT! It is so hard to keep clean and you cant really wash it with soap and water. Its a pain in the a$$. I will post progress pictures as I progress with body work and paint.

12. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

Black is so hot! (and I don't mean on a hot summer day) but yes its very hard to keep clean. quite a change you have on your hands, can't wait to see some pics.

13. Jake

Jake Active Member

I rode in my honda flat (primer) black for ~a month till I got it painted. I almost considered keeping it that color. I've always loved black on anything, just hate the cleaning

14. jesus888

jesus888 Member

So what happenned to the ride... how's the paint job holding up? Happy wiht the results?

15. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Cool!!! So you didn't end up selling?

16. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

yeah w.e. happened to this car.

17. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Um... Lulz? I want to see that white with a blueish hue. Sounds interesting.

18. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Some factories are even starting to do the flat look. The Focus RS500 is a flat black, but is not actually a paint, it is an a foil film developed and applied by 3M.
    [​IMG]

Annnnnd then there is the limited edition Frozen Gray BMW M3. Like the OP says, it is almost impossible to keep a matte paint job clean. BMW is dealing with this by making the owner sign a waiver saying there is NO warranty on the special addition paint job (even though the limited edition paint is from the factory and will cost you $10k over standard M3s). I think its huge BS.

"[The] matte paint has a finish that can not be compounded, waxed or polished in any way, or the finish will lose its matte appearance and begin to take on a glossy finish like a traditional paint job. That means that any damage – even faint swirls or scratches – cannot be repaired in any way short of repainting the affected areas...
    The agreement also specifies that the warranty will not cover the matte finish should it be damaged as a result of negligence by the owner, environmental damages or improper repair procedures. Should customers refuse to sign the agreement, they will be unable to take delivery of the car. "

http://www.leftlanenews.com/bmw-reveals-u-s-only-2011-m3-frozen-gray-coupe.html

All that said though, she is a sexy beast. :drool:

[​IMG]

19. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Matte finishes can be pretty sexy. But when I look at them, it makes it seem like the finish isn't smooth. It seems like if I touched it, it would be almost grainy on its surface.

20. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

It is roughly $5k for the Individual paint addition and only few coming to the US. Sold out the morning when they were available to order. Obviously it is not meant for a daily driver but rather a collectors' items for the future. Loads of BS... meh, I think it is pretty cool...practical? Not even close. Plus its a E92 M3, can't go wrong there lol.

AMG Performance Studio offers flat paint jobs too, but only in the European market as far as I know.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. trega10

trega10 New Member

I love the flat blue.

22. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

this is RiddlinKid's RS recently painted by Bryson at Wagenwerks

[​IMG]