Fiberglass V-Limited Lip?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by miltonbb004, Sep 11, 2006.

1. miltonbb004

miltonbb004 Member

you guys think this is a good idea? Ive really been wanting this look but just cant afford the $500 real V-Limited. Its only like 200 bucks, tell me what you guys think.
    [​IMG]
    more pics are at http://www.fastwrx.com/fivstfrlip.html

2. miltonbb004

miltonbb004 Member

There is also a polyurithane one on for like 200 bucks also, would that be better or worse?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2006
  3. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Fiberglass if you scrap a curb or hit something has a good possibility of cracking. Poly has some flex so won't be damaged too badly if you scrap. You will just scratch the paint off which can be easier to fix. Both look good though.

4. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

poly all the way, i've had to many cracked fiberglass pieces in my time

5. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

polyurethane FTW!

6. miltonbb004

miltonbb004 Member

I agree but it just seems to me like the fiberglass one looks so much better, maybe its just a bad pic of the poly

7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

depending on how well the lip is mounted, im afraid of the urethane one ripping the bumper apart if it gets lodged somewhere... fiberglass on the other hand will simply crack

8. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Just went thru this ordeal... Ordered the fiberglass one and it arrived cracked. It seemed really flimsy, came with no hardware, no instructions, required drilling thru the bumper to get it to fit, looked spray painted and sloppy etc.... I got the Poly as a replacement and it was much better, it fit with the oem fastners allready in place and seems much more sturdy. The only thing is that it looks different than the V-limited. It has wings on the ends towards the wheelwell. I like it but some might not. I have pics I posted last week if someone wants to link it for me(not sure how) in the exterior section.... Not bad for $200...

9. miltonbb004

miltonbb004 Member

ya Im pretty sure that I am just going to get the CF lip from RavSpec.com Ive heard good things about it and i think that the extra 100 bucks will go a long ways in terms of quality, durability, and fitment. thanks for everyones help

10. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Here's my $.02; ravspec's lip is garbage. The one I bought from them arrived warped and the quality looked like a blind child from cambodia did it in the dark. It did not fit my car, period. I would have had to drill my bumper for it to work. I just turned around and sold it. I dont know about now, but back then the wait list for it was huge.

11. miltonbb004

miltonbb004 Member

damn thats no good. Well thanks for the advice but now im totally confused on what to do! Which lip would you get with about 300 to 350 price range?

12. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

I would look at the CF lip Sakari Motosports is selling, if its the same lip that's installed on their white WRX, then I'm all for it. It is the best choice since you can look at the product in person before you make a decision/payment.

13. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

I don't know man I think if I had the 300 or so I would hold out another month or two for the real deal. there is just something about that lip that makes everythig come together down there

14. miltonbb004

miltonbb004 Member

you guys know if the CF lip from Z-1 performance is good?

15. miltonbb004

miltonbb004 Member

Just placed an order with Z-1 performance for there CF Lip. Thanks for everyones help!

16. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

That's a good looking lip in the pic. Is the CF piece like that one.

17. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Nice, post up pics once you get in on!

18. miltonbb004

miltonbb004 Member