Finally back in a Subaru!! Sort of..

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by atlxkevinx, Aug 28, 2014.

1. atlxkevinx

atlxkevinx Member

Hey guys! I used to own a 05 STI a few years back and I miss it dearly. I knew one day I was going to get myself back into another Subaru.

I came across a craigslist ad and spotted a nice blue Saab 9-2X Aero not too far from Atlanta. I've always loved this wagon and thought this would a nice DD if I can get it for the right price. I called up the guy to get details on the car. He's is the first owner and has followed up with every periodic maintenance services which is the most important to me. The car is bone stock with exception of an open source stage 1 tune. The car does have some mileage on it from him commuting to work from Auburn to Columbus, GA. So I met up the guy to test drive the car and it drove quiet nicely. :sold:

The exterior is not perfect and there are some fading on the scoop, trunk, and spoiler. My plans for the car now is to get it back into shape.. then I will decide from there :naughty:

Say hello to my little Saabaru! :wavey:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. b reel

b reel Active Member

clean little ride, there is a silver one in the Quality Auto Salvage yard if you need any interior parts

3. liltoua

liltoua Member

Welcome back Kevin!!!!

4. liltoua

liltoua Member

The editing was horrible, but here's a picture I took of your STI...YEARRRRSSS ago

[​IMG]

5. atlxkevinx

atlxkevinx Member

Man, I had so much fun in that thing! I miss shooting flames! :naughty:

6. Justin V

Justin V Member

What year? you got the unicorn 17"s on it... would it be could it be an 06 manual?

7. atlxkevinx

atlxkevinx Member

It's a 05 Manual. Wish it was a 06 but I'm still happy with the grab. Most of the 06 I came across are located up north and are asking for way more.

8. mbui

mbui New Member

that was fast.. nice pick up kevin

9. atlxkevinx

atlxkevinx Member

Thanks, when I came across the listing.. I knew I had to get it.

10. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

your name...familiar...hmmm