Fmic

Discussion in 'Meta' started by got rice?, Apr 30, 2013.

1. got rice?

got rice? New Member

i own an 08 STI,was wondering if anyone tried fitting a FMIC from later models to newer models?!!?!? piping and core.

I've searched on google and came up w/ nothing....can anyone help???

2. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I'm sure it can be done... with some cutting and extra couplers/pipe.

We tried to mount a cold air intake from an 05 to a GR and it wouldn't work. Doubt an intercooler kit will. but anythings possible with modification

3. got rice?

got rice? New Member

thanks for insight Sparta

4. got rice?

got rice? New Member

i think i might just get a huge TMIC for time being until i build motor and get my rotated 35R

5. liltoua

liltoua Member

^^Bigger isn't always the better in this situation. Have to get core that matches your goals.

6. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Bigger intercooler usually means more pressure drop thus making your turbo have to work harder.

7. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Why not just get an FMIC that is made for your year?

8. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Probably found a killer deal on a used one.

9. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Yeah, but the modifications and work involved to get it to fit could negate that killer deal.

10. got rice?

got rice? New Member

I'm wanting to go with a bigger top mount i already have my 1000cc injectors. I want to reach 350-380 whp and im gonna sit there for a min and then do my motor build

thanks for all of your support
    -Brandon

11. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

what other mods do you have? Turbo back?

12. got rice?

got rice? New Member

i have Invidia N1 TBE and cosworth A/O seperator other mods are non performance

13. got rice?

got rice? New Member

I'm wanting to do all exhaust work headers up pipe. I already have TBE, nice AMR sized TMIC and install my 1000cc injectors; and of course a bigger fuel pump. I think i will be happy after that, well until i get the money to get a rotated kit:naughty: Think i might get a meth kit too.

I just got out of the army and into civ life so its going to take me a min. Plus i have a wife and son. I'm sure there are people in here who know where im coming from.

Sorry for rambling
    -Brandon

14. b reel

b reel Active Member

Start a build journal

15. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

hence your username? :p

16. got rice?

got rice? New Member

yes lol my father owns a 67' camaro and thinks it's so fast...im thinking so heavy. He calls my car a rice burner, so i say got rice? He doesn't understand technology and the way they tune these AWD Grocery getters. Everyone says let me add a turbo to my camaro, mustang ect... im like let me add 4 more cyl? They forget, but it's ok....lol

17. got rice?

got rice? New Member

Very new here. Thanks for info and i'll give it a shot