Forged Performance Open House and Dyno Day

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Chadbee@Forged, Sep 8, 2011.

1. nygiant

nygiant Member

drugs?

2. MeFryRice

MeFryRice Member

Hookers and blow.

3. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Sure, if you consider amoxicillin a drug.

4. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

Did he say 247?

5. nygiant

nygiant Member

Yea + a correction factor of 12%

6. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

Those that dynoed their cars experienced the heart breaker firsthand. Aside from a couple cars that slipped on the dyno, most of the numbers were lower than what had been reported on other dynos. The number is just a number. I always say the dyno is a really poor measurement device when it comes to repeatability and reliability. Dynos are only accurate for same day before/after testing. There are simply too many uncontrollable variables that can come into play.

For instance, there was an STithat did two runs at 330whp range, the dyno slipped for a moment and generated a spike to 440whp, then immediately settled back down to the 330whp range again. That car makes 3xx, not 440whp.

I wanted to thank many of you for attending. We had the largest turnout ever in the history of our Open House. We conservatively had 500 people attend the event. We filled up our parking lot, and three adjacent building's parking lots and dynoed 34 cars! Most of them were AWD which means means the guys really busted their butts strapping down cars and making sure everything went off safely.

Special thanks to all of our sponsors that donated prizes for our raffle events: Cobb Tuning, Competition Clutch, Andretti's Karting, Sound Sensations, Joker's Audio and Big Ear, just to name a few!

Chad is feverishly working on photo and video coverage that you guys are guys are going to LOVE. He capture some amazing shots!

7. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

Thank you Sharif as well as your crew. I'm sure I speak for others when I say I really appreciated another free event with great hospitality.

8. whtwrx11

whtwrx11 Member

Awesome Event!!!

9. nygiant

nygiant Member

Hey can you guys email me my dyno chart? :)

10. Zach@Forged

Zach@Forged New Member

That GT-R was actually silver and made 522whp, but yes it is a stock turbo car.

Thank you for your comments, Doug.

11. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

should probably upgrade that battery to. car died like 6 times, had to unplug the radar detector to keep it on lol.

12. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

stupid M5 being in the shop. :|

13. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

Everyone that dyno'ed after the printer stopped cooperating are being emailed their dyno charts as we speak. Thanks.

14. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

still?

15. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

aluminum structure. they have to peel it back and re-glue/bond. lots of labor but not too bad material wise

16. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

I keep here little bad things about these M5...friend said he had a later 2008 or 2009 model and it was in the shop to frequently for some electrical check engine light issues. Several BMW dealers couldn't solve it. Not sure what end up happening. I looked at buying one a couple of years ago but after hearing all these little issues, I told myself, I'd rather deal with subaru issues instead...lol!

17. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

my issue is that someone hit me.