Formula D May 11th

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Sparta, Apr 24, 2013.

1. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

$5 extra on the ticket, and infield parking is only free if you buy in advance ($10 at gate). (but online processing fee $3)

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

NOPE...I'll be drinking. ;)

3. liltoua

liltoua Member

I'll be there and can chip in for food if needed

4. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

You can drink there Matt.. Also. thats pretty late for arriving there.. hopefully no one steals our spots. I've seen lots of other groups from FB etc leaving around 6-7am.

hellaflush meet will prolly be cancelled again this year cuz its gey

5. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

You don't mean that :|

Well shit, maybe I'll aim for 7:30am. Does anyone know what time the gates open? and does anyone have an ez-up (i have one) to help get another spot side by side? Racing actually starts at 8am for formula and gta

6. I will see you guys at Discover mills on Saturday.

7. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

FTZ, Wagunz_pwn, and myself showed up really early last year to secure our spot with the tents. If we had showed up 45mins later we would not have gotten that spot on the back row. We had to tell people the spot right next to the first tent was taken. So plan accordingly. The caravan will most likely not make it in time for those spots.

GL and have fun!

8. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

looks like we'll only have 1 tent spot. we can try to hog a little extra, but no one is mentioning they are bringing another tent yet. There's a 60% chance of rain, so someone may want to consider buying one..I know I'll be dry :wiggle:

9. Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25)

I take my previous post back, I don't think I will be able to make it until 1. But I'll try to find you guys once I park.

10. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

Hopefully we'll be at turns 10a/b on i guess is the 'outside edge'. Speaking of this, who has the wrxatlanta banner?

11. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

we had a banner?

12. crazyazn

i thought we did, maybe it was two years ago, i recall we put it up and it blocked the view of some people sitting in a pickup truck so they moved :p

edit: yes we did have one two years ago...

[​IMG]
    Drift_Atlanta_2011-8273-22 by thelucid1, on Flickr

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  13. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

it just dawned on me...its going to be a dilemma trying to fit folding chairs in the FD lmao

14. crazyazn

you can probably find a kid that has one of those roof racks, put it on the car, and actually use it to hold something besides stickers. :rofl:

15. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

420, ftz, whatever his name is now had it

16. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

still do

17. Vanillagorilla

Vanillagorilla New Member

For the people meeting up at Dmills, anyone decide on a time yet? And what parking lot/ in front of what store?

18. crazyazn

The past two years everyone met up towards the back of the lot in front of the Bass Pro Shop.

I'll already be up there early, but I strongly suggest you guys try to get the convoy rolling by 9am, also take it easy on the drive up. EVERYONE knows Formula D is going on, lets not have a row of subies pulled over, leave that to the bumperless 240's :p

19. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I will be sending an easy up and the banner with Crazyazn. Will be bringing the bike again this year so I can be home before you guys get out of the parking lot.

For the Caravan, meet in front of the Bass Pro Shop at Discovery Mills. I plan to be there around 7. Planning to leave no later than 7:30. Gates open at 8.

Bixs, are you still planning on getting there around 7:30 and grabbing our spot? If you will be there, ill meet/lead the caravan. If that is too early for the people who want to meet for the caravan, I will just meet you there early.

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  20. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

correct, I'm going to try to get there early before caravan

21. crazyazn

ok, i've got FTZ's Ez-up with me also, and I have the wrxatlanta banner for us. See you all on Saturday, and some of you on friday!

22. Vanillagorilla

I'll be at dmills by 7:30am tomorrow morning, see whoever, hopefully other people then..

23. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

We will be meeting at bass pro shop at discover mills. We will be leaving by 830am

24. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I wasnt planning on leaving my place in woodstock until 730 and meeting some guys in sandy springs at 8. We'll be missing the caravan

25. Vanillagorilla

Perfect, running a little behind time this morning, 830am it is!

26. crazyazn

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Hey guys, david and I are here, place is packing up. Hope the convoy is on the road

27. Vanillagorilla

Well I guess nobody decided to show up to dmills for the caravan or I missed it? Been here for 15 minutes and not seeing anyone..

28. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

:-/ well we got a tent spot with a banner!..

29. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

look for toua's car/a few subarus. a bike and a mini.