FS: 07 STI Limited #576, UGM

Discussion in 'Car Classifieds' started by SubieEngineer, Nov 22, 2015.

1. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

Price: $19k OBO
    Miles: 89,XXX
    Color: UGM
    VIN: xxx

I have decided to put my Urban Gray Metallic 2007 Subaru STI Limited #576 up for sale. The car is located in Atlanta, GA, but is still registered in TX as I just recently moved to GA. The TX state inspection and registration is valid until March, 2016. There is no lien on the STI. Title is clear and in-hand.

The car has just under 90k miles (89,713 as of 5/8/16), and will barely go up as this is not my daily driver. I purchased it used from a Subaru dealer in Knoxville, TN back in August 2009. I am the second owner, and the car had 16,091 miles when I acquired it.

KBB lists my STI as $19k Private Party in Good condition and $21k Retail. As it sits, I am asking $20k. Yes, it is high. Yes, I am flexible on the price! It isl negotiable!

Since the purchase, I have modified the car to be a better all-around daily driver/weekend fun car. I love to autocross and have been axing this car since 2009. I got into track events (HPDE) in 2010 and regularly took the STI to 3-5 events per year. Within the past 3 months, I have removed most of the aftermarket go-fast parts (turbo, TMIC, etc) I had on the vehicle to make the sale easier. There is a current modifications list further down.

As a STI Limited, the car has all the usual STI equipment and some extras:
    1. Black, heated leather seats.
    2. Sunroof.
    3. Black carpet with extra sound deadening.
    4. Black Brembos
    5. Numbered plaque on center console.

Recent Maintenance:
    1. Stage 1 Dyno Tune by Doug Wilkes at DBW Motorsports
    2. Coolant system pressure-tested, no issues
    3. Plugs replaced with NGK Iridium, 1-Step Colder
    4. Compression Test Completed, Numbers are 1/3-150, 2/4-135
    5. Leakdown Test Completed, < 20% on all 4 Cylinders
    6. Clutch Master & Slave Cylinders Replaced
    7. Oil changed & coolant flushed
    8. Driver’s Side Outer Tie Rod Replaced and Alignment Completed
    9. New OEM PCV Valve Installed
    10. Brand New Tires, < 200 miles!

As the car sits today (5/8/16), it has the following modifications:

Engine/Exhaust:
    1. TopSpeed RR.5 Shortblock (installed July 2012 at 60,500 miles)
    -CP Pistons (99.75)
    -Manley Rods
    -ACL Bearings
    -08+ STI Nitraded OEM Crankshaft
    -08+ STI OEM Water Pump
    2. K&N Typhoon Intake
    3. Trimmed OEM Heatshield coated with VHT Flameproof
    4. Stage 1 Oopen Source Tune by Doug Wilkes at DBW Motorsports
    5. Megan Racing Group N Motor Mounts
    6. Mishimoto Black Silicone Turbo Inlet
    7. Walbro 255 LPH Fuel Pump (GSS 342)
    8. Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors
    9. Killer B Oil Pickup
    10. Killer B Baffling/Windage Tray
    11. Grimmspeed EBCS
    12. Air Pump Delete w/ KS Tech Block-Off PLate
    13. TopSpeed TGV Deletes
    14. GrimmSpeed 3mm Phenolic Intake Manifold Spacers
    15. NGK 1-Step Colder Spark Plugs
    16. VF48
    17. Tomei Timing Belt Guide
    18. Ixiz Concepts Hood Struts

Transmission/Drivetrain:
    1. Subaru Extra-S 75w90 in the Transmission and Rear Differential
    2. Megan Racing Group N Transmission Mount
    3. TiC Transmission Crossmember Bushings
    4. ACT HDSS Clutch
    5. ACT Streetlite Flywheel
    6. Kartboy Short Throw Shifter
    7. Perrin Reverse Lockout Ring
    8. Turn In Concepts Holy Shift Set - TiC/Kartboy Shifter Pivot, Front & Rear Stay, and Shift Linkage Bushings

Suspension:
    1. Whiteline 20/22/24 Rear Sway Bar (medium)
    2. Whiteline 24/26 Solid Front Sway Bar (full stiff)
    3. Kartboy Front/Rear Endlinks
    4. Front Custom-valved OEM strut inserts by Feal Suspension, Rears are Stock (Stock Springs)
    5. TiC Klunk Killer - Comfort (TiC rear differential mount bushings and KB rear subframe bushings)
    6. Whiteline Roll Center Adjustment Kit (KCA313)

ICE/Interior:
    1. OEM 07 Headunit w/o Aux Input
    2. OEM All-Weather Floor Mats, Front/Rear

Wheels/Tires/Brakes:
    1. OEM Limited 17x8 Enkei wheels w/ Brand New Yokohama Avid S34PV, 225/45/17
    2. Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines
    3. Hawk HP+ Pads Front/Rear
    4. Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid

Exterior:
    1. Llumar 15% Charcoal ATR on the back 5 Windows, Llumar 5% Charcoal ATR on the Sunroof, 55% SolarGuard on the Windshield

Good:
    1. Brand new AutoCraft gold battery installed 11/22/15.
    2. Very well taken care of car. I documented all my modifications and maintenance.
    3. Interior is in excellent shape!
    4. Exterior is good, save what is noted below.
    5. Rides and drives great! Car is a blast to drive!

Bad:
    1. Car was wrecked back in 2009. Entire car was repainted except the passenger side doors. Front Limited lip was replaced and soon after sold. Passenger headlight and taillight were also replaced with new OEM parts. The front bumper was cracked across the bottom, but repaired and repainted. Body shop wasn’t the best, and the bumper now has a paint bubble, as well as doesn’t sit perfectly flush at the rear where it meets both fenders.. And with about 90k miles, the front bumper has seen better days (has scuffs, scrapes, and marks from cones along the bottom).
    2. Car suffered hail damage in 2010. Golf-ball-size hail hit the car all over the sides and hood. Hood was replaced with a new OEM piece and painted to match, blended on the fenders. All other dents were removed using Paintless Dent Repair (a top-notch guy!).
    3. Driver’s door has some small paint chips missing due to objects being too close when parked.
    4. The long undertray under the passenger side doors is gone. I don’t know what happened to it, just went under the car for some maintenance and it was gone!
    5. The engine splash shield has warped in the middle from the heat from previously-installed Tomei ELHs.
    6. One of bolts on the passenger side of the front subframe will not fully tighten.
    7. Center grill piece is cracked along the bottom from being removed and reinstalled.
    8. The headliner right above the driver’s seat is slightly discolored and worn from wearing a helmet.
    9. Front Brembos have the clearcoat peeling from contact with brake fluid.
    10. Front windshield tint has a small piece missing in the lower-left corner due to an inept inspection shop in TX.
    11. Front windshield also has a small chip on the driver’s side that was repaired by insurance (about the size of a dime).
    12. Driver’s side all-weather floor mat has a few holes worn in the “valleys”(can’t tell unless really looking).
    13. Front bumper is in rough shape. I managed to hit a pothole in TX back in the spring. It was deep enough where the front subframe in the passenger-side front corner impacted the ground, making an indentation in it. In the process, it cracked the front bumper along the bottom in the middle and around the “teeth” to the side of the lower opening. Also, the paint around the passenger headlight spiderwebbed and the corners in the wheel wells don’t stay in place very well (see photos for all this).
    14. Can’t find the front bumper tow hook cover, so it is not included.
    16. Clutch pedal sticks to the floor between shifts during spirited driving (shift > 5k RPMs). Not a problem driving normally.

Having said that, this STI is in great shape otherwise and I regularly receive compliments, especially regarding the interior! I wouldn’t hesitate to take it on a cross-country trip tomorrow, just check the fluids and tire pressures and go!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  2. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

Edited.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  3. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

Edited.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  4. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

How much for the other STI in your pictures?

GLWS.

5. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

More Than You Can Afford, Pal! Widebody.

6. b reel

b reel Active Member

I thought you were parting ways with it to finish this?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  7. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Bump for an awesome seller!

So what are you replacing her with? :naughty:

8. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

:rofl:

:rofl:

Thanks! Eying 03/04 350Zs right now. Test drove a few and liked them. Love the fact that they have more power than a E36 M3 and won't have the BMW parts tax they are fond of. Should be fun on track and at ax.

9. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Those 350z are great fun. I got to test drive one at an autox. GREAT fun.

I also got to chase a couple in the mountains during tougefest and those held their own GREAT.

STU build 350z? That's what won nationals this year...

10. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

I drove an 06 that was perfect... Just too new and too expensive for my uses.

2nd one I test drove was beat all to $hit, but the "dealer" basically threw me the keys and let me have at it. Much fun was had on and around 400, especially some specific ramps. :naughty:

I'd do STU prep, slowly. I'm already plotting modifications... I think I may have a problem. :coolugh:

11. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

I am familiar with your affliction.... in fact, I think most here suffer from that condition :rofl:
    \
    Really good looking car. Hopefully you find a good home for it. GLWS

12. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

I ran my car 100% stock besides tires for the first year of autox.

2nd year I added brake lines, better pads, springs, sways, and better tires.

Slowly is how to do it because you tune the man as well as the machine. Also you learn what you like out of the car better so that you can tune it properly for how you want to drive it.

It is a sickness... I think we all have it... it is very easily spread... then when someone beats you it just gets worse... lol

13. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

:rofl: That we do!

Thanks! I'm hoping to have it gone before the year's end.

I agree! Don't throw mods at the car until you're in a position to actually feel the difference each mod brings!

I'd start off slowly... Maybe do CS (or whatever) for the year, then add in mods. I still have 3 255/40/17 Rivals and some freebie same-size NT-01s I want to kill at some point... :naughty:

14. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

Bump! Updated the first 3 posts, and a lower price!

15. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

Price drop!

16. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

Now on Ebay!

17. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

Bump! All parts I care to remove have been uninstalled, it's been washed, and it's back up for sale! :D

18. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

Price drop, $20k OBO!

19. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

20. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

Edit: SOLD!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016