GAMEDAY - What's the good word?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 07Ltd#767, Sep 5, 2009.

1. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

^ Big balls or small? :lockd:

2. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

:fawk: works just fine lol. Hell tonights win was payback for the ass whopping we took last year

3. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

agreed...you guys straight up kicked our ass. we looked like super-aids tonight, and we paid for it.

4. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

That button would get worn out from use in about 2 minutes

5. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Go Dogs!!!! USC :dunno :rofl::rofl:

6. 07Ltd#767

even i was pulling for uga...fuck bobby petrino and his cock-deuchery

7. Jake

Jake Active Member

this

i still wasnt happy with the Dogs, but a wins a win.

8. Deke

Deke Active Member

Rankings are out and I need to pose a question/vent.

So let me get this straight, Miami's victory over GT was big enough to justify catapulting them to #9? HOWEVER, GT isn't worthy of being in the top 25 after being beat a top 10 worthy team?

I mean, I could understand if Miami was ranked 13/14 and we were out of the rankings (like the Coaches poll) or if they were ranked 9 and we were low 20s.

Basically the way I see it, GT is overvalued in relation to making Miami look good, and undervalued when it comes to making Tech look good.

I call shenanigans AP.

9. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Damn BYU!!!!

10. Jake

Jake Active Member

bottom line GT DID NOT play like a top 25 team the last 2 weeks. they got lucky in the win v. clemson and played horrible against Miami, who looked great. Miami is ranked so highly because they were (in the opinions of the AP, and mine as well) the best looking ACC team this weekend. Id say VT is close, but they barely escaped against Nebraska.

Granted, I also dont think UGA played like a top 25 team, however they WON. and the fact that they only rose 2 spots (because of teams ahead of them falling) in the polls makes perfect sense and supports their quality of play.

anyways, polls are bullshit till the last 3-4 games of the season. so dont sweat it. GT still has a bunch of chances to prove themselves

11. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Wolverines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Deke

Deke Active Member

I see what your saying, I'm just saying I don't think a win by Miami over a team ranked 13th (that didn't even play like a top 25 team) deserves to catapult them to 9th.

I also don't think GT deserves to be in the top 25 nor does Miami belong in the top 10. BUT, if Miami is going to be ranked at 9, I feel that GT should still be top 25.

I realize that polls don't mean jack this early, and I'm not worried about GT's lack of ranking. I just think that Miami is getting entirely too much credit right now.

13. Jake

Jake Active Member

i think the ACC is getting entirely too much credit right now, and if you think about your statement then you are saying the exact same thing.

theoretically a poll should probly have the best teams from each of the conferences as high up as possible. but you have conferences that simply arent as competitive as others. so you get the poll we have now. with the best team in the ACC ranked only 9th

14. 07Ltd#767

bump muthafuckas!!! Best wishes reggie ball, i mean joe cox...damn - how could i mix those up?

15. Jake

Jake Active Member

Lol Joe Cox is a god, god of horrible things! Like I said on facebook: if GT doesn't win next week they deserve nothing because Joe Cox will GIVE you the game. He literally tried everything he could to help Kentucky win last night and did a damn fine job.

16. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

no.. they went down for the 6th time in a row.....:keke:

17. Deke

Deke Active Member

I still think it has potential to be a close game. Despite games like Saturday, Cox has also had games like Arkansas and South Carolina. I think if GT can get ahead quickly though, Cox will break.

18. Jake

Jake Active Member

this is true. rivalry games tend to be closer no matter the teams records....

19. ThaABomb

ThaABomb Member

I'm a 5th year Tech student and this will be my first Georgia game. GO JACKETS!!!!!

20. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Whats the good word!

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the stomping of the dogs
    We will tech those poor, dumb farmboys they should stick to slopping hogs
    When the jackets are triumphant we will raise a mighty cheer
    We'll do the same next year

To hell, to hell to hell with georgia
    The cesspool of the south

From up between the hedges there arose a mighty stench
    In the dogs' machine the Engineers had thrown a monkey wrench
    When the Jackets are triumphant we will raise a mighty yell
    Them dogs can GO TO HELL!

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the N C double A
    They're investigating georgia players to see how much they're paid
    After counting all the cars and the loans alumni made
    They outpaid F S U!

Sung to the tune of the battle hymn of the republic.

21. Jake

Jake Active Member

*cough cough*

22. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

How bout them DAWGS....

23. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

lungs tarred up from working the fry station all day?

24. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Y'know, the sun seems a little brighter today…

25. Jake

Jake Active Member

lol, yeah at the Varsity no, just trying to prove my point .

:moon:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  26. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

27. Deke

Deke Active Member

Since I don't like to be one of those people that says something before the game and not after (or vice versa), congrats UGA. You deserved to win that game. Of course we had some missed opportunities at the end, but you played the better game on Saturday.

28. Jake

Jake Active Member

don't feel bad, it was a COMPLETE SURPRISE to all UGA fans, whether they admit it or not.

granted rivalry games are always generally closer in score, and you can't bet as easily. Hence, the amount of ranked teams beaten by their unranked rivals last weekend.

29. 07Ltd#767

or the fact that everyone over looked them because the game meant nothing in the long run. Don't get me wrong, we didn't deserve to win that game (even though we almost did), but you won't find many tech fans pissed off if we win the ACC and a BCS bowl game.

Clemson's thinking the same thing...

30. wrxin8or

That is only partly true and you know it. Both Clemson and GaTech NEVER look past the instate rivalry games. We got flat out outplayed, and for most of the game so did Tech.

31. Jake

Jake Active Member

this is true. rivalry games matter more. if paul johnson has 10 wins every year for 5yrs, but loses to UGA every one of those years dont expect him to stay around very long (unless there is a national championship or two or an ACC championship every one of those years). you can't expect to stick around very long when you don't beat your biggest rival AT LEAST once in a while. there were rumors of Mark Richt getting let go if he didnt beat GT (considering he lost to FL and TN this year), even tho he's had one of the best win percentage at the school....

32. wrxin8or

whoa there. I wouldn't go that far. An out of conference rivalry game is important, and the players and coaches never look past them, but that game is not more important than the ACC championship for either of these teams. Especially this year.

33. 07Ltd#767

repost

34. Jake

Jake Active Member

thats why i said if he wins championships then they won't matter more. but if he has 10 win seasons and nothing to show for it including consistent losses in the big rivalry games (FSU, UGA, Clemson) then see you later. that doesnt matter what school we're talking about here. the alumni want to beat their rivals and since they have the final word, they decide who goes and who stays

35. 07Ltd#767

:rofl:

Under PJ, we're 2-0 against FSU (having previously never beat them since they joined the ACC), 2-0 against Clemson, and 1-1 against UGA.

Let's analyze Mark Richt over the last 5 seaons...LSU / Tennessee / Kentucky - partial fail, Florida - fail, Pre-Season ranked #1 - uber fail. In 2007, you were 11-2 w/ no SEC title, in 2008 you were preseason #1 w/ nothing to show...

Nice try

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  36. Jake

Jake Active Member

which is why i said mark richt was gonna go had he not beat GT this year....

37. jeb

jeb Member

ACC championship matters a ton more in the eyes of the AD who ultimately makes the decision about who the head coach is. The money the AA gets by making it to a big paying bowl like the orange will keep PJ employed. As an alumni and avid fan or Tech I fucking hate losing to UGA because all of the people who have no tie to the school and like to rub it in your face all year so it matters more to me

38. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

UGA fans with no connection to the school? whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

39. Jake

Jake Active Member

you know thats an unfair argument. i can name just as many GT fans (or fans of any school for that matter) with no connection to the school whatsoever.

40. 07Ltd#767

highly doubt that

Jeb said it best...fuck the fans, not the school

41. jeb

jeb Member

Really??? Try

42. Jake

Jake Active Member

lol

[​IMG]

43. heathbar

heathbar Member

Like everyone else said... BS :nuts:

I'm a UF grad and I'm pissed as hell at our awful performance, but I have to admit that snuggie picture is funny... :fawk:

44. Jake

Jake Active Member

of course i would name the people and you would be like, those are fake names. they are all people here in savannah who are like oh my friends go/went there. maybe not 'just as many', but there are definitely some who claim the same.

45. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

well you fucking said 'just as many' so stop backpedaling ;)

46. Jake

Jake Active Member

but but but

47. Jake

Jake Active Member

ok bumping, just curious how many of you guys are doing bowl pools this year? i'm in two. haven't been keeping track of my progress in Drew's list. but on my ESPN one with friends, i'm getting my ass kicked and i think i did the same picks in both....

48. 07Ltd#767

getting my ass kicked in the one i hosted, 100% in my other, lol

49. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

As someone with no ties to UGA....except for the fact that most of my family graduated from there. (Great Grandfather, Grandfather, Mother, and my oldest Brother)

I just wanted to say fuck you to that argument.

Some of us on this forum grew up with a proud tradition of cheering for the Bulldogs, not because they are the "DAWGS" but because at least in my family someone is always in school there, I can't think of a time when I was growing up that someone in my family wasn't in school at UGA. As the oldest public university in the nation it only makes since that there is a strong lineage of graduates in Georgia and of course they want to cheer for their team.

So to all the Tech fans that bitch about GA fans that didn't go to school there.....FUCK YOU...politely

50. 07Ltd#767

lol, jake you would say thanks...