GB: WRXatlanta.com Front Plates -- Pictures, 1st post

Discussion in 'General Community' started by Alex, Dec 23, 2006.

1. schneid

schneid Member

Show me a pic and I'll buy one!

2. Kolgoth

Kolgoth Supporting Member

I want a Black Aluminum one! I'll give Milo the $$ on Tuesday. Count me in on the list....

3. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

Its only in electronic version, which is on the first page of this thread.

4. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I am looking forward to getting mine...fo sho...

Mark:)

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Im actually just buying the rest of them tomorrow. Havent been called back from the machinist, but left a msg.

Ill have an update as to when they'll be ready by for pickup, etc.

6. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

you get my payment alex?

7. clemsonscooby

Any word? I am getting anxious. My front plate area has just two plain bolts sitting in them bored.

8. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i don't think he has been able to get in touch with the vendor yet... sorry about the delay... i can't wait to get these either

9. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Hey guys, long time no post. Count me in for a black Finish Alex, can you PM me the payment method etc?

10. clemsonscooby

Ordering instructions are on the very first page. Paypal money to orders@wrxatlanta.com.

11. clemsonscooby

12. Greg

Greg Active Member

:bigthumb:

13. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Slap me down for one since you bought the remaining batch (i think?)

I will meet you for payment, PayPal Acct is screwy right now (damn B of A)

14. Jake

Jake Active Member

What's the latest? Gotta couple of things coming up and I wanna represent yo!

15. clemsonscooby

I haven't been able to get a response from Alex, I pm'ed him last week. I assume that means that he still hasn't gotten in touch with the machinist, but hopefully we will get some answers.

16. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

I'm waiting for these too. Apparently, the machinist is hard to get a hold of.

17. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

lol i'm still waiting for some realtime pics but till then..

18. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

comming up on 5 months, I'm sure they will be sweet though..

19. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Lets find the machinist and break something to get him motivated to contact us. What kinda business is he running? Yea I'll just ignore customers who are banging down my door to give me money and business....yea.....

20. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

yeah. I've been waiting a long time! I'm sure everybody else has been too.

anyway whenever you get any new details please share.

21. Alex

I apologize if I have been difficult to get in touch with over the last few weeks. I have been diligently trying to work with this machinist but for 3 weeks solid I could not get in touch with him; voicemail after voicemail same story. Imagine my frustration :squint:

I realize all of you want your plates, please understand that I have been working non-stop to make this happen, however, ultimately I am limited to how fast this machinist will work. Yesterday I finally got through and it turns out he has been unable to work due to problems outside of his control. He apologized profusely and we have since arranged for a pickup Friday afternoon for the two alum. plates (which means Tom, I will be mailing yours to you :D) to check for fitment and overall aesthetic appeal. The remaining plates 18 (half of which are pre-paid or so) will still be at the annodizers. I expect those to be ready by early next week. As I receive them, you will be notified that your plate has been shipped or is ready for pickup.

I apologize one more for this delay and thank you all for your understanding. If you would like a refund, please let me know within the next few days otherwise you will be notified next week when your black plate is ready for pickup / shipment.

Regards,
    alex

22. wrxin8or

hey alex, I sent my payment in, but it says I still havent paid yet...

23. Alex

Ill update the list in a few minutes :)

24. Alex

Updated first post with a few snaps of the plates in the alum. finish. Black plates should be here middle of next week :)

ak

25. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Member

Hmmmmmmmmmm....

I do have a silver car, but I think that anodized black finish will go well with my up-coming 10th St cleared and black-out headlights.

Tu tienes mas Presidente Alejandro?:si:

26. MarkM2016GTI

Alex,

Can I please get a refund for now, since I won't be able to utilize this plate?. In HI, we have 2 plates. I will definitely purchase one in the future. I paid you via PayPal a while back...

Mark

27. Alex

You could always keep it and put it somewhere fun...Im using mine right now as a paperweight.

28. Jake

Jake Active Member

i noticed the screw holes weren't present in the photo you posted. will these be pre-drilled or something we have to do on our own?

29. MarkM2016GTI

OK, I will just go ahead and keep mine. I will be able to put it on when I get back to the mainland....LOL....he said paperweight.....:rofl:

Mark

30. Alex

With the design that was previously made, the intention was to use double-sided tape for a cleaner application.

31. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Member

Will double-sided tape really be able to hold? Rain, sun, wind, etc. j/w

32. Alex

There's automotive grade. My strakes are held on by 3M.

33. Jake

Jake Active Member

So, what's the word on these? the double-sided tape is cool by me. i've found some pretty strong stuff that will work well.

34. Alex

As far as I know (been a few days since Ive been dealing with finals at GT), that the plates went out to be anodized last Friday and should be in this week. There was a delay due to some problems on his end.

35. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

oooh looks good I cant wait...

36. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

I can't wait to put it on!

37. Alex

Picking the black ones up today :)

Pictures to come later. Also, please let me know how you would like to pickup/ship your plate.

alex

38. Jake

Jake Active Member

i can pickup in the Kennesaw/Marietta/Smyrna~ish area this weekend. I work weird hours, but it can be arranged depending on your schedule.

39. wrxin8or

alex, I will be back in atlanta for good next week. we can figure something out for then.

40. Alex

Sure, I am Downtown most of the time. On some occasions you'll find me out in Dunwoody or Cobb. Let me know if you are interested in coming down to the city to pick up your plate(s).

41. techlord

techlord Active Member

Alex I sent you a pm call me when you are up and about and I will make a quick trip down to the A town.

42. Jake

Jake Active Member

Alex, I will be at the braves game tomorrow nite. Sending PM!

43. techlord

techlord Active Member

Big Thanks to Alex for getting these Front Plates!

I picked the *black* up last weekend and just got finished
    modding it a bit. Hell of alot of razor blade work,
    but looks good.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
  44. Alex

I mounted mine today as well; however, I cannot find my camera so no pics. Looks good Rick!

45. wrxin8or

PMing ya

46. wrxin8or

well I went down and picked mine up today from Alex...they look great! Ill snap some pics later today and put them up

47. 4sevens

4sevens Member

are there any more?

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  48. MarkM2016GTI

I just got mine yesterday...It will make a perfect paperweight for now...It is really nice...Alex, I left you positive seller feedback too....

Mark

49. wrxin8or

Yeah, there are some left. Right now there are just the black ones, but Alex is thinking about getting more silver ones made.

50. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

you want me to quote on making them ?
    when do you need it by ?

the finish i provide even the rough finish will be better than that