genesis coupe

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mokinbird87, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

The 04-06 Z06 (C5) transmission isn't that strong. All of the ones around here have broken theirs.

2. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Plus look at the insurance rates on a Z06 compared to a Hyundai Genesis

3. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Dunno about GA but the Z06 insurance is cheaper than my WRX :unamused:

4. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Are you serious?

How is a 2 door Sports Car, that almost fits into the Supercar category have a lower insurance cost than a 4 door AWD Sedan? Even adding in the Turbo to our cars should still be drastically less for insurance than a Z06, or at least, I would have thought that. I will have to call my insurance company tonight to find out.

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

That's what I asked my insurance and they said I dunno.

6. longfury

longfury Active Member

Could be more WRX's end up wrapped around trees by 16 year olds and Z06's tend to be driven by older gentlemen who don't wreck as much.

7. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

^^^Most likely.

8. Deke

Deke Active Member

Well you get better gas mileage than they are rated at stock. So your argument doesn't apply here :) If we're talking about tuned and modded cars it could go on all day.

9. I'm still considering letting my brother get my wrx and getting one since i'll always be able to drive it whenever i want.

10. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Could be because my commute is wide open country roads with no traffic ;)

11. The salesmen from the dealership called me as soon as the car got off the truck and i went and look at the one they had. it is a red 3.8 premium in auto so no brembos or 19s and brown leather but man is this car sharp. it looks amazing in person and i cant wait to test drive one.

12. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

wait, it`s already at the stealership? (i gotta make a trip)

13. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Yep, I'm trying to figure out what all I have to sell to get one asap

14. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

HMMM .. i wanna go check one out

15. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

30k....
    Pass.
    Id rather pay 5000 or so more for a 370z or a g37.

16. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Totally agree.

17. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Total MSRP : $31,750

Oh FUCK THAT.

same 370z with 7 speed auto is 33k.

18. Demo24

Demo24 Member

It comes with Re92's on it :unamused: Quite lame IMO.

I'd much rather shell out a few more grand and get the 370z. Nicer interior, looks better overall, and it should drive better as well. The 370z pulls about 1g in the corners, I don't see the Genesis doing that.

19. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I am not sure why anyone is comparing this to either a 370 or the G37, even if Hyundai themselves have made statements to that effect. The 370 comparo is a little silly as Genesis seems to have a usable back seat, something the 370 doesn't and the G37 is priced a fair bit higher than the Genesis Coupe. Especially if you go for the 2.0T. There really isn't a direct competitor for the Genesis on the market right now, which makes this car very attractive. I am interested in something like this, would love to see Mazda put something out with the RX-9 (rumored follow up to the RX-8) which would be competitive. Even the Subaru/Toyota Coupe Project that has been long rumored....

20. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I said it once, and I'll say it again...I'd rock the shit out of one!

21. I'm going for the 2.0T track version anyways and i wouldnt be paying MSRP for it anyways. I think its a BA car so far but I'm waiting for the 2.0T to come to our dealership in Columbus.

22. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

23. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

According to 2 people I've met, they paid right at 50k for G37S's last year. Maybe they paid too much, but I still dont see those 2 anywhere nere the same price.

24. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  25. BelvnAWD

26. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

27. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Really?

28. I double checked our website and most of the G37 coupes are a little over 40K.I am sure if you found on that was not pimped out you could get one for around 35K. I will ask tomorrow if I have time.They are fun to drive.

29. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

I know i saw one at IOG for 35xxx msrp

30. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

31. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

:rofl:

still sticking w/ the automatics?

That interior is so freaking nice, though. I think that's one of the biggest things separating a luxury car. Has nothing to do w/ performance or looks, it's interior comfort...

32. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

oh screw you! lol.

I even keep the 3 in SMG auto :;)

Plus, that thing is a rev matching 7 speed.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  33. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

34. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

35. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

HOT! but i do not like the grille..

36. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Okay I'm done whoring.

37. slowwrx

The black one with the black wheels is hot.

38. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

dang...

I agree with Matt. The black one on Advans is friggen nice.

39. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

I like the Genesis Coupe, but it is out of my price range. I like the argument for the Z06; but disagree about the transmission issue. Alot of folks out there just can't drive and are always gonna break something or wreck. If I was in the car market I would get a used AMG car; prefurrably a CL55, E55, or CLS55. I know these cars are typically pricey but I have seen a few in the 25-30k range with relative low miles. In my experience arround many Benz owners I have learned that these cars don't break often (expect pricey repairs if do) and easily see 300k miles.

Another project id like to pursue is an electric conversion in a kit(356 speedster or Lambo countach) car or older sports car w/ a history of reliability issues i.e an alfa spyder or Lotus Elise. That would be sick. Electric cars are in the near future.

40. Deke

Deke Active Member

I'm guessing it was the bare-bones one. I'm pretty sure my dad paid around 35k for his fully loaded 350z a couple years ago.

And yeah the cars posted look great. The Genesis is just a set of wheels and a new grill away from looking badass. I've got to be honest though, for the price tag that people are reporting, it would still be a tough decision for me between that and a 370z or Mustang GT (if I were in that particular market)

41. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

i know for a fact i would pay 2-5 k more just for a name. and a few more ponies ;)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  42. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

The only thing I dont like is the cut in the glass piece behind the side windows. I think it should just run straight across instead of dipping... And I agree with Deke, in that price range.. the new 370z is looking pretty hot.

43. BelvnAWD

I am on a trip this week in Florida, there is a base with the 3.8 coupe up the road, the interior looks nice, but not as nice as I hoped. The exterior is okay, but the grill looks cheap..maybe the track versions will look better than the base...

44. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

by bare bones you mean 7 speed auto, heated leather seats, screen in dash...ect .

Infinitis come semi loaded even base.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  45. Galimore

Galimore Member

Beautiful side & rear design...but the front leaves much to be desired for me.
    Overall...yea, I'd hit that.

46. icantdrift

icantdrift Member

the "track" model sounds promising, but with all the buzz around this car i'm sure the price will be stupidly high initially.

47. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

i went to hyundai to take a look, they had the base V6 model and I have to say, I`m not very impressed with the interior quality. when you see it in person, it is GIGANTIC (well, at least to me anyways); looks hot from the side but not so hot from the front and the back. seating position was much better than the 370Z IMO, but even without driving the two back to back, you can tell the Z would be the more athletic one. I`ll reserve my thought until i test drive one though, but initally not satisifed as much as i wanted to be. But then again it is their very first rear wheel drive sports coupe, and I give props to hyundai for listening closely to what consumers want.

48. BelvnAWD

Some interesting info on the Genesis 2.0T. I also read this in R&T....the R&T article also mentioned that the ECU was "not hard" to figure out, per a Hyundai spokesman, so tuners should be able to get flashing in a small amount of time...

49. slowwrx

Looks like they are already flashing them overseas.

I looked at one yesterday and noticed a couple of very cool things.

1. The ECU is Speed Density

2. There is a ride height sensors.

3. The fenders are already flat on the inside so they will be very easy to pull.

4. I think you can fit a 295-315 on the back with a slight pull

5. It looks like 275-285 on the front.

6. The brakes look nice

7. The seating position was great.

8. There doesn't seem to be any dealer mark up

9. There is tons...I mean tons of room in the engine bay

10. I need to sell more stuff, we may be trading in the BMW this week on one, I haven't quite made my mind up yet but they are very tempting.

11......AEM is already working on the Stand Alone ECU for it....this is a huge plus.