Global Rally Cross

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by b reel, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Ended up being a decent event and we had about 9 subarus parked with us even though we rode in with 3. Nice meeting you guys, I look forward to watching this event grow like Formula D has. I wish the paddock area had more vendors and better access to the drivers/cars. It almost wasnt worth the $5 to go down there

2. DannyLerch

DannyLerch Member

Yeah it was cool meeting everyone. I didn't even bother heading to the paddock area. It was a hike and seemed like it wasn't all that close to the pits. My favorite heat was the GRC lite final surprisingly enough. Saw a couple passes in mid air which was a crowd pleaser. I agree, it'll be great seeing this sport grow.

3. b reel

b reel Active Member

seating sucked, course was lame

felt like I was watching a RC race

BBQ was good

4. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

The lite final was amazing. Total edge of your seat carnage

5. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

LOL, GRC has always been a life size RC race, what were you expecting, WRC?

I thought the course was small when I first got there but it grew on me when I realized they really couldnt have done bigger without taking it somewhere else other than pit row.

Next time you and Lil' Jew should show up for more than 2 rounds and you might enjoy it a little better. If you showed up earlier you could have chosen better seats too, we just winded up there when it was wide open. :keke:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  6. DannyLerch

DannyLerch Member

[QUote reel;454449]seating sucked, course was lame

felt like I was watching a RC race

BBQ was good[/QUOTE]

It was no wrc race but I still had fun. Again the lite final was killer. If you watch GRC European races you can see how much further it needs to come in the US. Their stages there are much more technical.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  7. DannyLerch

DannyLerch Member

[​IMG]

crappy cell phone pic with no wide angle lens options, but there we are!

8. 92ra-r

92ra-r Member