Grinding noise after replacing rotors/pads?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Trancetto, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

nvm

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Well, now I'm curious...

3. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Fair enough!

After installing new pads and rotors (stoptech), I took the car out for a drive. During the first test I experienced a lot of grinding/rubbing noise coming from all for sides.

This only came as a shock because I never had that issue on other cars that I worked on. It was however my first "big brake" brembo job. So I was a bit skeptical. I jumped online and got in touch with my good friend google. I read few threads where several people had grinding/rubbing noise issue but eventually it went away....long story short, they were right. After few drives, hard stops, engaging the ebrake few times at dead stop, it went away.

Car drives very nicely now and stop almost instantly. No rubbing/grinding anymore. The best part is, with the amount of lubrication that I used, all the screeching is gone and car behaves like brand new again.

The installation was VERY easy. Much easier than the small brake calipers cars that I worked on.

-M

4. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

Did you initially seat them properly?

5. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Are your referring to "brake bedding"?

6. Drowland87

7. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

I did. I followed manufacturer's recommendations.

8. Drowland87

Hmm, weird

9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Interesting. I wonder if there is a minor tolerance issue between the rotor and pad brand – a few drives would take care of that I should think.