group pic at road atlanta: december 10th @ 11am

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by ShaneSTI, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

what'd you call me?!?!? haha, jk

2. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

if it's during the week that's cool...i'll just take off work or something as long as a have due notice....my only concern is that it's near my b-day and the hangover factor :beer: :eek:

3. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Day or evening?

4. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I think that may be exam week here.

Tuesdays or thursdays would work for me.

5. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

would def be in the day to get some good pics. if we lost a lot of ppl that can't make it cause its a workday...what if we stick w/ the same date but another location? would be sick to get 40+WRX's to meet up...and still get a nice group pic in. suggestions?

6. xjenjenx

xjenjenx Member

i can do any day except fridays... :(

7. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

So where do things stand with this. Time flys by..

8. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

i REALLY want to be able to help out with this photo. i love the idea. so, i say lets think of a different location. even the parking lots at RA might work. i just think we need a place where i can get up highter than the cars to show all of us. any ideas out there? i know how i want all the cars arranged. i'll see if i can find an image to illustrate my idea.

9. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i like ur idea of a parking lot at RA... i know there are some lots near the S-turns where we might be able to park our cars and take a pic with the track in the background

10. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

eithter way i think RA is a must

11. derk73

derk73 New Member

I'd like to be in the pic. Just give me a solid date.

12. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Personally, I would love a track photo. It would make a great header image for the site.

13. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

rawk, we'll make an announcement when a date's firm, i trust?

14. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

Okay here's the game plan...Dec 10th 1100

Since most of ya'll can make it out on the 10th of Dec. Through further discussion w/ my Father yesterday, we decided to stick w/ the same dates; however, since its a panoz track day, and some Audi event as well...we'll just play it by ear. Therefore, the 10th of Dec at 1100. We'll find a spot to get a picture in. I plan to head out there a little early to lurk around first. Also, in the works is a ladder out there for the pic if needed. Afterwards, we can watch some track runs, and hang out, then go eat if anyone wanted to. Sooo....the 10th of Dec at 1100 ya'll. Thanks for your patience. Being almost 10k miles away makes it more challenging to coordinate anything.ha

15. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

sweet... ive edited the title accordingly

16. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

thanx milo! this is gonna be awesome for sure.

17. Trey

Trey Active Member

I would think you'd need a camera with a large telephoto lens to get a good shot of the cars on track.

Count me in. :D

18. soobaroo227

soobaroo227 Member

You can take me off the list. I have a final exam on the 10th. :(

19. derk73

derk73 New Member

Would it cost anything for us to get into the track, or for the picture, or anything?

20. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

not for the picture...no. i have no affiliation w/ the track. i just got hook ups for us get a pic there.;)

now if you wanted to run on the track go to: http://www.panozracingschool.com/home/home.aspx

thanx.

21. Brian

Brian Active Member

I'll go too. I originally wanted to drive that track day. 8(

22. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

we'll make sure to take the pic when u'r on the track in the back ground ;)

23. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Ok, if we still haven't found anybody to take the picture, I may have. My youth pastor has Canon 20D dslr, with a bunch of equipment. He also has one of the widest angle lenses you can buy.

So, what he wants to know is how we want to do the picture(s). Because before he commits, he wants to be able to make sure that he has all the equipment to make it work. He said we could do some wideangle shots, and also some regular shots and just overlap them and stitch them together in PS.

LMK, if this sounds like it might work or not, because he is a busy guy, and I want to go ahead and "reserve" him if we are going to use him. Thanks.

24. Trey

Trey Active Member

25. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Ok, cool. That gives me something to show him, although ours would have about 4 times as many people/cars in it. Thanks Trey.

Any others have any input?

26. jeb

jeb Member

Count me in too. If I can make it home I can borrow my dad's rebel digital(6.3 megapixel). I'm not sure what all lenses he has though.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
  27. Goose013

Goose013 Member

my friend does high $$ weddings and has some kick-ass camera stuff. maybe I could ask him if he would like to take our pics.

28. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

i got it covered guys. not to worry! (as long as its a weekend)
    i do have one question to throw out to you all. if we can't do the shot from the bridge at turn 10, does anyone have access to a cherry picker? i was thinking, with this many cars, we really need to get up as high as possible. we could also all throw in on a rental. we looked into it for a shot the other month here at work and they run around $150 a day from Home Depot. i'm going to see if i can get us a group discount at a place i use to at years ago for some outputs. someone on here works at a large format print house. maybe you can hook us up somehow. try and nest some outputs with other jobs maybe? wink wink...
    anyway, these are just some ideas i have. what do you all think?

29. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

i can do the 10th... and if superdude's got the photo covered i won't bring the nikon and equip unless someone wants me to.

i think the ladder should suffice (cherry picker sounds ideal but a little ambitious lol)

as far as output is concerned, nesting would be cool, but regardless it'd be nice to just have 300 dpi 8x10 to download and output at will.

30. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

that's an easy solution. :wiggle:

31. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

You mind an evo in the picture? I have a wrxatl sticker on it. :)

--
    Brian

32. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

i can photoshop an STi frontend onto it. :keke:

33. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

Yeah when we figure out a rough total output with sizes i can submit it to my boss and see what we can do...... ;)

34. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

hecks yea need to photoshop that haha

35. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

it'll be also GREAT if we can receive actual photo file (without any compression) for personal retouch in photoshop!!

36. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

how expensive would it run to get a poster size pic?

37. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

i'll scan the shot hi-res and i can burn a few CDs. or, if you want, we can upload it to a site.

38. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

define poster size....bro...i can print pretty big....as long as the DPI is there....

39. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

hahaha, i can get you 500MB scan or better if you want. lighjet outputs :bowdown:

40. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

It would be nice to get a few press shots as well, I'm working diligently to get us in SubieSport :)

41. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

like the size of a regular poster i dunno what the generic size is.....or even i reasonably large widescreen format picture ic an put in a frame. I think we should have the wrxatlanta logo on it for sure.

42. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

nice idea....kinda working on a super secret logo option for peeps that dig it!! :naughty:

43. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

so dec 10th?

44. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Yup @ 11am

45. rolling_trip

cool, now if i could find a place to stay that is a little closer,

hint, hint...........mr admin

46. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

hint taken... invitation extended :bigthumb:

47. rolling_trip

thanks, just keep your bro chained up this time, i left walking funny last time i crashed over there:eek:hnoes:

48. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

hahaha... did he shoot u in the ass? :rofl:

49. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

haha....chris = :gaysex:

50. rolling_trip

hey shut up:grr: