GTG around southside of Atlanta

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by MattACK, Feb 2, 2012.

1. MattACK

MattACK Member

Someone else's turn to plan the next one... Who's it gonna be?

2. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

I'll step up since I got approved today:)
    Took less than 20minutes this time....

Lemme think on it for a day or two, come up with 2/3 dates, let you guys decide on one, then figure out a location.

3. b reel

b reel Active Member

how about the Oz Pizza in Fairburn? They just reopened after the big fire

4. MeFryRice

MeFryRice Member

What about bowling? We could eat at a pizza place then bowling?

5. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

Where were you thinking of eating then where were you thinking of bowling?

6. Tommy_T

Tommy_T Member

Well bowling is either in Fayetteville or Newnan. If we go to Newnan, we could go to something like me and Ed's, or Rock back pizza. Not sure about Fayetteville. Unless you guys want to go out to fairburn then drive over to Newnan or fayetteville.

7. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

me and ed's sucked... Rock back i heard was ok. Why not johnny's pizza or what's the place with the potatoe pizza we like tommy????
    brain fart:(

8. Justinmysti

Justinmysti Member

Well Im Banned from Johnnys lol. long story. but we can prolly go there. its been like 4 years since i was banned haha. They got good pizza and beer =

9. Tommy_T

Tommy_T Member

Partners pizza.

10. lsnaple

lsnaple Member

I actually work at rockback lol.

11. Tommy_T

Tommy_T Member

you've got rpf-1's on your legacy right?

Andrew still work there?

12. lsnaple

lsnaple Member

yes sir.

13. rx7scott

rx7scott Member

Partners is great, the one in Fayetteville is the best.

14. rx7scott

rx7scott Member

Actually the partners in fayetteville should be starting there cruise night that is the first and third saturday every month I think, I used to go every time with my 1980 Z28.

15. Justinmysti

Justinmysti Member

but it seems like we all lived closer to newnan/ptc area then to fayettevile lol. plus fayette is too congested to go for a drive if we decided to

16. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

I agree- keep it in the newnan area...

You come over today and get everything squared away??

17. MeFryRice

MeFryRice Member

I think we should support a fellow member and go to Brokeback Pizza.

18. rx7scott

rx7scott Member

yea I was just throwing that out there, lol it really doesn't matter that much where we go.

19. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

let's do it. when?

20. Justinmysti

Justinmysti Member

yeah, got it all put in. got the thermostat too. but we didnt install it. Gonna buy the timing belt next week i think. then we'll have all my preventative maintenance taken care of i think lol. Maybe ill do an Oil change too just cause.

As far as the meet goes. i'd prefer 2 weeks notice at least so i can make sure ill have work off and stuff. Other than that...dont matter.

21. MattACK

MattACK Member

You guys going to make me plan this one too???? lol

22. Justinmysti

Justinmysti Member

Id vote for a weekday. maybe a tuesday or wed night? so it doesnt cut into us restaurant peoples hours/money. 03/13-14th or 03/20-21? Those are my main votes

23. lsnaple

lsnaple Member

justinmysti- What do you drive? Obviously a sti...maybe the blue one with black wheels I've seen around?

Funny comment, but I say don't come to my work, I just have this thing about going to eat at a place I work at when I'm off. Or if I happened to be working that would suck too, as I wouldn't really hang out at all just work lol.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  24. Justinmysti

Justinmysti Member

I got an 05 silver with black rims. I know the blue one you're talking about. I've seen him around too. I saw your legacy today going down the bypass on my way to work.

25. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

Yea dad filled me in. You remember what oil I told you to get?

Sooo... can we do March 14th at 7pm at partners pizza in newnan??

26. MeFryRice

MeFryRice Member

Not partners, Rockback so we can support a fellow member. I may or may not be able to do the 14th as I'll be leaving for Texas the following day.

27. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

Isnaple said he didn't want us to have it there otherwise that would've been fine with me....

28. Justinmysti

Justinmysti Member

Good job reading steve...lol. maybe the 13th instead? Or when do you get back from texas?

And yeah steve, I got a picture of the right oil you showed me. And the big black oil filter, not the dinky blue one right? Newnan partners in summergrove right?

29. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

the 13th would work better for me as well. Maybe a little later than 7 though since I know steve works till 7. Is 8 too late??
    And yes- the one in summergrove..

30. MeFryRice

MeFryRice Member

8 pm would work fine with me.

31. Tommy_T

Tommy_T Member

Check and see what time partners closes and 8 probably means no bowling afterwards

32. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

they close at 9.

33. Justinmysti

Justinmysti Member

i thought the bowling alley was open til like 11 or some shit retarded like that. idk. i got some friends who work there. ill ask and figure it out for us all

34. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

partners closes at 9. bowling alley IDK nor do I really care. I doubt I will go bowling afterwards myself....

35. Justinmysti

Justinmysti Member

Yeah, sounds about right lol. id rather go shoot some pool or something of that sort if anything after dinner.

36. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

I'd rather just go for a drive. lol

37. b reel

b reel Active Member

Wilkerson Mill/ Hutchinson ferry area use to be a fun little route I'd run twice a day, lived near Powers Crossroads and worked in PTC. To bad CCSD is crawling all over the area because of meth labs and such.

38. Justinmysti

Justinmysti Member

I live off Happy valley, dont see tooo many cops around the back side. and Tommy lee cook road. bunch of GREAT roads for us out this way. and the south side has a metric F*ck ton aswell that arent really well patrolled. Plus i think most of us have radars. as long as someone with one leads we should be okay. i dont think a cop would try and pull over 5-10 subies zooming down some back roads. lol

39. Electioneer

Electioneer Member

Why can't we all just enjoy driving at the posted speed limit?

That's a win, win situation if you ask me. We enjoy driving our motor vehicles at the safe speeds designated by a higher and therefor much smarter authority and the cops win because they don't have to pull us over and can spend more time busting meth labs and eating doughnuts.

WHO'S WITH ME???

Sent from my TI-89 Titanium using Tapatalk

40. b reel

b reel Active Member

I didn't saying anything about haulin' ass down back roads but it has been known to happen a time or... besides the only safe time to make runs is at night and guess who lurks then?

41. Justinmysti

Justinmysti Member

....idk? meth heads and cops? lol well it'd be after 10 buy the time we went for a drive prolly. so it would be night.

42. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

i meant, go for a drive by myself. lol no offense, but without observing you guys first i dont think i trust yous enough to drive aggressively nose to tail on backroads. one person does something stupid, and we all can potentially pay the price:(

43. b reel

b reel Active Member

trust me, if I'm leading no laws will be broken. Car only runs on 3 cylinders

44. Justinmysti

Justinmysti Member

im not saying lets go racing down some back roads. but just cruise at like 60-70. nothing ridiculous.

45. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

well if a honda runing on 3 cylinders sounds like a subaru, does that mean a subaru running on 3 cylinders sounds like a honda? lol

46. b reel

b reel Active Member

sounds like a Robins

47. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Car only has 3 cylinders.

48. Justinmysti

Justinmysti Member

So the 13th at 8 at partners in Summergrove then?

49. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

yes. this is it. it is finalized based on most people agreeing that its a doable day/time.

50. MattACK

MattACK Member

Dinner and a cruise, sounds good to me.