[help] running rough

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Mad Mallard, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

one sad duck.

my car is now running rough, ie lots of engine vibration and noises. At first i thought i had a low tire because of the roughness. but not so.

no cel codes, and it doesn't actually feel like its missing.

what should i do/look for?

2. Demo24

Demo24 Member

check the engine mounts?

3. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

That was my response as well. Has anyone ever heard of an AP stg 1 or 2 map seriously screwing up a car? He bought my AP tonight and we flashed his car. Did several hard pulls in it and it felt great, but he called me on my way home with these symptoms...

4. WJM

WJM Banned

I'd bring it in and see what I can find.

5. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

I remember after flashing AP, whenever you lift off the throttle quickly it didn't move the drivetrain around as much as with the stock tune.

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

A mount could certainly have gummed up ?

7. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

Did you flash a protune map or an OTS over the shelf map...i'm hoping the latter!

When I saw you at hobbytown usa you said that it was already running rough...turbo surging and such, this was before the install of the ap right?

8. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Flash a stock map back on there. Might want to try cleaning your MAF sensor too.

9. Mad Mallard

okay, possible resolution with Will's help...

loose lugnut(s) on driver's side.

Its much better, now. But Hey Will, could running it like that have damaged the wheel? or the tire?

10. WJM

WJM Banned

There was no damage that I saw. But...in the long run it could have messed up the holes in the wheel, damaged the lugs to the point where they could be be used, and the wheel come off.

But...there was no damage.

11. Mad Mallard

okay, then. Mebbe its just off balance...thanks again.

12. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

Problably obvious but check oil.

13. Mad Mallard

just got a change actually.

Decided to try Lucas full synthetic. It was only a dollar more than all the other synths.