How fast is your computer?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by caseyfoster, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Demo24

Demo24 Member

nah, stock cooler was actually pretty damn good. Had some memory issues in the recent past so I'm not on memory that can scale very well at the moment.

I idle in the low 30's and load 40c or under. Which is about what the stock one did. I wouldn't really expect this cooler to take it much lower than that, considering it is air. I bought it for future headroom though.

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

you sure about that. At 1.42 volts and a 1.2 Gig overclock I dont think the big typhoon can keep your temps that low especially on the older B2 revisions. Did you lap it and put a better fan on it or do you just have your AC cranked down to 60 degrees.

On another note I just got my overclock stable at 3.33 on 1.32 volts! Also overclocked my 8800 gts core to 630mhz and bumped the memory up to 1950Mhz :ddirty:

any of you guys have benchmark scores from 3dmark06?

3. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

well nobody is going to tell you after you did all that :rofl:

I am about to order my Antec P182 and Scythe mine, about time to assemble everything, man i miss my 19" samsung syncmaster

4. Weapon

i cant believe you have all that and still have not put it together. Man I couldnt do it. You have more willpower than I do man!

5. Weapon

ok. i am pretty siked with the new results. e6550 overclocked from 2.33 to 3.40 on 1.32v stable. vid card is at 655mhz and memory is 2000Mhz.
    Super Pi 1M results are 15m seconds
    3dMark results are 10699
    pics :sx:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2007
  6. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

now i really NEED my heatsink and case and show what E6850 can do :D

nah i probably wont overclock but keeping it cool and quiet in slow speed

do you guys usually burn-in your CPU with some stress test and cure themeral compound on the cpu?

7. Weapon

yea I used Orthos for burn in. It is not really needed but it will stress test both cores and get em hotter than any real life application will.
    Man the e6850 is a monster overclocker! you can hit 4Ghz with it with the right memory, mobo and psu.

/edit make sure to get some arctic silver 5. I am actually trying the new Zalman ZM-STG1 thermal grease. So much easier to apply and performs just as well as AS5.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2007
  8. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

i am giving the shinetsu x(something) thermal compound a try