How has your service experience been with your dealership?

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by SubaruBMXer, Apr 4, 2008.

1. SubaruBMXer

SubaruBMXer Member

Purchased my '08 2.5i from Subaru of Decatur.

It's been interesting to say the least.

I guess if you are still 'under warranty' it's the only way to go???

Any opinions/thoughts appreciated.

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Is there a problem with it?

You can go to any Subaru dealership and they will honor your warranty, etc.

3. FACE

FACE Active Member

Steven King at Classic does great work! Are you having trouble with her? And like Alex said any dealer with honor your warranty!

4. SubaruBMXer

SubaruBMXer Member

Love my Subaru. Just a bit of left front suspension noise; something loose. As posted on another thread; bought mine at Subaru of Decatur and had some interesting service experiences. Basically communication breakdown on a driver's side mirror being received by the dealer to be installed and after sometime it was unexpectedly was shipped to my residence with no letter of explanation; nothing. Which made me think hmmm based on the other thread of the location closing.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  5. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

screw Subaru of Decatur. I went there to try and buy stuff for my 30k service. The guy at parts counter told me to "go to the autozone and buy some 75w-85". I was like, "no, i want the OEM extra S stuff" Would not give me that or the coolant, all they had was the conditioner, which isn't recommended for the turbo cars.
    Went to SoG, got 6 quarts of extra S, oil filters, crush washers, coolant, ATE super blue, and some Motul for under 150.

6. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I've spent thousands in the parts department at Classic and they order for me without hesitation (I didn't buy my car there either). That and Steven does the work on it when I do take it in.

7. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

I would avoid the Subaru of Gwinnett. I have had a couple really poor experiences there. Had one of the "master techs" there beating on my car with a hammer to try to make something fit...I was not a happy camper. Then there is the recent alignment thing. Again, not a happy camper. There have been several people with similar experiences at SOG. The only reason I used to go there was SS and Will. Now that they are gone, unless I just need a part right then and they have it in stock, I'll do my best to avoid it.

8. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

I LOVE SOG. Jill is a great serv writer as is neil. They go OUT of their way to make things right
    Bob is a great tech also.

9. crashtke

Bob was the one beating the hell out of my splitter with a large hammer when he could have asked or removed it...I do like Jill, but after dealing with the service manager and having issues, I will not go back there for service.

10. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Weird, i know Will recommends bob too..

11. crashtke

12. gfred024

gfred024 Member

We have no real dealership here in SAV the subaru dealership is ran out of a toyota/lexus dealer so they know absolutely nothing about subarus

13. techlord

techlord Active Member

Classic/King FTMFW!

14. crashtke

I have been lucky enough to have a friend that when I can't figure something out, he can work on anything at half the price of the stealership. He was the one that rebuilt my tranny after some dealership up north screwed it up. Guy is amazing with the trannies. Has built 2 for me now. I just hate to bother him on minor things like alignments and such since he stays busy with big money jobs like engines and trannies.

He also knows how to build engines...he just finished a 1200hp 01 Mustang. The only real problems he had with it was the valve springs having a recall issue and getting it not to take off at idle, lol.

15. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

That's right!

16. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

I take my car to SOG for all fluid changes that I don't feel like doing and have never had a problem. I go to Gran Turismo for alignments and tires, and I have not had anything else major that needed doing, but I think if I did I would give Lethal Injection a call.

17. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

When WJM was at SoG, it was great. Now that he's gone, I go to the KING at classic. He's the man!!

:banana: :jb:

18. Matt

Just a question....why did he have to build the 2nd one?

19. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

@ SOG - neil and jill for me both kick ass....but that's as far as my knowledge goes with who I know...oh and sikes is awesome obviously.....but other than that...dealership doesn't seem all that wonderful....i remember getting my oil changed and was very irked at the receptionist eating waffle house and stinking up the show room..may jus be me...but I thought it was very unprofessional.....but car is about to be out of 30k warranty...so not sure if ill continue to go

20. Matt

what happened to your 60k drivetrain warranty? ;)

21. Eco Auto Clean

is it 60k? whoops..dont know why I'm thinking 30....guess I got 10 more months..lol

22. crashtke

The first one was in another car that is long since sold. He rebuilt a transfer case and tranny in a 93 Toyota 4runner 4x4. The 2nd one was in my Subaru.

23. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

What happen to WJM? Where'd he go?:eek3:

24. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Hes in NC

25. perduevision

perduevision Member

Now he is in Florida

26. RidinClean88

RidinClean88 New Member

theres a new "subaru" only dealership opening in kennesaw on barrett pkwy.
    it might worth checking out???

27. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

definitely...IIRC it is owned by Troncalli, and I have only heard good things about the Troncalli Subaru up in Cumming

28. Eco Auto Clean

KingWRX FTMFW at CLASSIC! Excellent service!!

29. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

hey my dishwasher has been acting up lately, I think it's the float switch. SHOULD I TAKE IT TO CLASSIC?

30. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

i think you should stick it in your moms arse, ive fit some pretty big things in there.

31. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

you're entering a world of hurt, junior.

32. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

but "i did it for the lulzā„¢"

33. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

except it wasn't funny (in that sense). trolling is an art OK, it takes years of practice not YOUR MOM jokes (which are funny if delivered properly)

much like www.thingsididlastnight.com

34. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

hey now...dont go stealing my material humphrey brogart

35. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

36. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

easy now brostafarian

37. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

this is how you do it
    [​IMG]

38. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

39. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

40. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

41. Matt

what the hell happened in this thread?!?

:unamused:

42. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

43. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

ive been looking for a pic of your mother and gf.

Found it!
    [​IMG]

44. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

my feelings, they are hurt. :(

[​IMG]

45. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

Troncalli tried to sell me a car for which they did not have the title.
    My family went up there when we were car shopping and made the down payment on an 06 Forester with 10k miles, which was a recent trade-in. We signed the paperwork, telling them we'd come pick it up tomorrow, and drove home, feeling great about our decision to buy another Subaru. We drove back up to Cumming the next day to pick the car up, when the sales manager comes out to tell us that he doesn't have the title or anything else, and that we'd have to wait a week or two until they could get everything cleared and ready.
    In other words, THEY ATTEMPTED TO SELL US A CAR WHICH THEY WERE NOT LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO SELL, and then jacked us around about it for a few hours the next day. We had to threaten legal action in order to get our down payment back.

We bought a Honda that evening.

However, the salesman at Troncalli personally called us a few days later, saying that nobody told him that they didn't have the title, as the car had been traded in the day before we visited and apologized profusely. We noted that even in person, his body language seemed to suggest that he thought his sales manager was a scumbag. He laughed and said he wasn't going to comment. Unless he has a twin brother with a familiar-sounding name, I think he now works at Classic in the sales department, and is still friendly, articulate, honest, and passionate about his work.

So the jury's out on Troncalli for me.