how many autocrossers here?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by miloman, Jan 20, 2005.

1. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

just curious to find out how many of us actually do autocross or intend to autocross in the future... we could all end up parking together at the events... please post what class ur in and ur car number (if u have a permanent number)

i love to autocross... i have participated in only 5 events so far... participating in street modified

SM 9

Attached Files:

2. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Milo,
    I should be at all the Gwinnett events this year, its like 10 minutes from my house. I'll def. do some more video! Besides, I have a second set of wheels now. First event is in March, right?

Oh yeah, I'll probably be in SP to start, but hopefully SM by the end of the year...

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

hopefully i'll be at all the events this year... well, dunno about all but definitely a lot more than last year when i only participated in only 4 events... im waiting for the first event in march cuz im still in SM but have a lot more mods

4. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

You know I will be there. I don't know what class I will be in now. I just talked to Ken Cole at Rallyperformance to order my EcuTek reflash. I guess that is going to change my class, but I still get one more novice run if I want it.

5. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

when I get my car back I'll try running SM with you all!

First off I need to get some better tires and suspension though.

6. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

where do you live? i'm at pleasant hill and cruse

7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

ecutek will put u in SM if u r running more boost than stock

8. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I think I will be at 16 or 17 PSI until I get Dan's IC. He just PMed me about it today, so hopefully I will have that soon. I want his turbo too, but I need to get a fuel pump and injectors.

9. BelvnAWD

I live in Loganville, inbetween near cooper rd. and 78. I think I have seen your car once or twice.

10. plucky

plucky Member

I will definately be attending more events this year. Just need to get my alignment done. Also I got the AP installed so hopefully switching to stock map will still keep me in STU

11. ptc075

ptc075 Member

12. GTscoob

Hey autoxers?

Will I still be in SM with the new transmission, exedy stage 1 clutch, and STI flywheel?

13. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

not too familiar with classification.... u could find more info on classes here:

http://www.apexbenefits.biz/Motorsports.htm

14. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

I've gotten second place in D-Stock two years in a row.

This year I'm moving into STX, should be good.

I've been on Team Solo for two years also.

Encourage all your friends to come out and watch/ride and they will get hooked

15. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

here I am at the Subaru Challenge

Attached Files:

• 1388.jpg
      1388.jpg
      File size:
      90.4 KB
      Views:
  16. GTscoob

Thanks Milo.

It looks like I'll still be in SM with the new gears and everything.

"Drivetrain and related components (induction, ignition, fuel systems, etc.) are unrestricted except for the following limitations: "

17. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

awesome... looks like a bunch of us will be in SM

18. BelvnAWD

Gotsol,
    You still have the wheels and tires?

19. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

I would like to get involved this year with autoX. Any tips for a noob?

20. socrates42

socrates42 Member

Tips for newb- walk the course with someone, ride along, and get someone with experience to ride with you. I used to autox in my Altima.

21. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

as of Monday morning yes.

feel free to swing up to alpharetta and check them out if you want.

22. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

simply come by and check it out... register as a novice and u will realize its SOOOOOOOOOOO fun... the rest of the learning will follow on its own

23. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

Sign up in for the afternoon, come look for me and I'll let you ride with me in the morning. Then you will have a MUCH better idea of how to autocross.

I drive the silver 02 in the picture above and wear a "team Solo" shirt. This year in STX :D

it is all about car control, not just flat out driving. smooth input and looking ahead are the two biggest factors for autocross success

PM me before an event and I'll give you my number, we can meet up at the event

patrick

24. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Sounds great Patrick! Thanks man, I appreciate it.

25. BelvnAWD

Gotsol,
    If you still have your wheels, I have the money! Let me know...

26. feelthebreak

feelthebreak Member

27. JWX

JWX Member

I'm starting this year, the challenge got me hooked :)

28. BelvnAWD

Registration is open. I registered SM. I didn't need to, but I am only doing this for fun and as I add mods, I won't need to worry about which class I am in. Permanent number is 70. The new site is:

http://joesvideos.com/scca_reg/index.py

See everyone out there!

29. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

This will be my first official autox. I got my first taste last year at the Mazda Rev-it-up Challenge.

So, since this is my first time should I sign up in the Novice Section even if my car is modified?

I'm really looking foward to this, but have no clue as to what all needs to be done or what all goes down.

30. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

u get 2 events in novice no matter how heavily modified ur car is....

i signed up too... SM 9 as usual

31. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

What do you mean by two events? Do I only get two runs?

What if I signed up in SM class?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm an extreme autox noob.

32. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

its all good... 2 events means 2 seperate dates... all runs per date

33. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Okay, I see now. I can only sign up as a novice 2 times, then after that I will have to be put in the class that my car falls into.

Now, would it be beneficial to go ahead and sign up now, or should I just show up and sign up at that time?

34. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Sign up now if you think you may go. If you don't it is no big deal. You pay when you are there.

35. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

yeah... sign up now... if u sign up and dont go, that does not count against ur 2 novice events... u get 2 novice events to participate... regardless of how many u sign up for...

patrick... please correct me if im wrong

36. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Is anyone planning on doing the Test and Tune March 12 at Gwinnett Fairgrounds. I know Chris (ptc075) is. I am trying to decide whether I want to spend the $50 for a day of hopefully many practice runs.

37. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

im not going... but it will be fun... i might come watch if i have time

38. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

by the way, when i registered, i put down WRXatlanta as a sponsor :D

i wonder if they will announce that

39. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

Hye GUys:

I'm getting pump for this season.

To confirm, you MUST sign up ahead of time! but you pay when you ge there, so you can sign up and not show, no biggie.

Novices run two events as such before they move into their respective classes.

remember to look a head and keep your driver inputs smooth

40. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

im pumped up too... just a week and a half left :bigthumb:

41. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Sweet! I can't wait!

42. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Thanks for the link. I am signing up now.

As I am signing up it is asking for a Work Assignment Request. What should I put down since this is my first time at an AutoX?

43. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i put down 'cone marshall'... its where u just run after cones if a car hits them

44. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Thanks, I just put down marshal so they can put me where they need me.

Looking foward to seeing you guys there.

45. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I just put open. I did not know you were supposed to specify job assignments. I want to work in the timing booth.

46. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

well... i always request but they give u whatever is available... i dont think i could work timing cuz i think i have ADD :D

47. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Hey, I'm gonna bring a buddy and he is going to use my beater car. It has a cracked winshield so will it pass inspection?

48. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

my WRX has a cracked windshield too. I was told that it should pass. THere is no rule in the book specifically banning this problem but it can be called out for general safety. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Patrick

49. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Thanks, I will too.

50. BelvnAWD

Milo...calling Milo...what is our run group? Morning or Afternoon??