How Slow Will Cicio Go??

Discussion in 'Vendor Chat' started by Cicio@TopSpeed, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I read the same...

2. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

1:40 would be doing pretty well for someone without a lot of time on track in that car.

Siegel

3. Matt@Topspeed

Matt@Topspeed Member

I'm going with him to coach Sub 1:40 won't be a problem

4. ↑↑↑ oh Mr. big man up there...the car will probably go sub one minute with you just sitting in the passenger seat

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

More LAWLZ.

6. Matt@Topspeed

Matt@Topspeed Member

Obviously it will be faster with me in the car

7. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

where is that quote about the matt ball voodoo dolls dropping lap times when you need it

8. Matt@Topspeed

Matt@Topspeed Member

Its in Mikes Sig

9. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

there we go

10. techlord

techlord Active Member

1:37.5

11. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

What group are you running in? How much total track experience? I need these data points to properly tabulate a laptime estimate. :)

12. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

^^^

You gonna wear the free shirt if you get the time right?

13. Matt@Topspeed

Matt@Topspeed Member

Hes running in HPDE 2 unless I sign him off.

14. 5 track days total in sub 300hp cars, but i'm a pretty good snowboarder ;)

HPDE2

15. jeb

jeb Member

I saw a video of a SRT4 on 225 street tires running a 1:41. He ought to be faster than that

16. ↑↑ official times...I have a hard time believing that

17. Oh yeah..sorry thats Doug Wind's car...I don't think he was on 225's though

18. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

I am going to say 1:47 on Sat, and 1:45 on Sun.

It's very hard to estimate, because the GT2 modded has a ton of straight line speed, but the car is going to be challenging to master in the corners and even moreso with those PS2's. I have no doubt you'll eventually do 1:3x but I think a mid 1:40's is a good goal for first time in the car on track.

So you going to run a Traqmate, or do you want me to follow you in the GT-R...for timing purposes of course? :naughty:

19. Matt@Topspeed

Matt@Topspeed Member

I doubt he will be that slow. 1:45s is stage 2 STI times

He doesn't have a lot of track time but he has been on more than the bunny slope

20. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

It's hot as balls this season. 100F and 85% humidity is the norm. Worth a couple seconds of slowness right there alone.

Either way, it's great to see/hear that car on track...it looked pretty sick on GA400 a couple months ago. :)

21. Honestly I would be happy with a 45...the car is a beast on track, and definitely one of the least tame vehicles you could put out there on street tires. So anything respectable will make me happy...i'm just really excited to be on track.

22. C_wagginz

C_wagginz Member

1:39.5 that's my guess

23. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Wirelessly posted (From Your Mom's House)

1:42. I hope doug doesn't hit your good side!

24. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Any word yet on this? Who gets the shirt?

25. Matt@Topspeed

Matt@Topspeed Member

We just got back Ill let Cicio post it.

26. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Pepper is still in one piece right :eek:hnoes:

27. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

I dunno man, he would be carrying extra weight ... *runs and hides* :rofl:

let us know the time, i bet its 1:40+

28. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

from what I got... the gt2 burnt out a coil pack on the second session or so... and he never made a clean lap with it on Sat. Sun he ran the bmw... but not sure what the times are.. suck I have been down in florida tuning otherwise I could have been there to help get the car back on track.

29. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

excuses, excuses...what are the fucking times, i just wanna know if i won the shirt?

if not, please say sharif won it, i wanna see him parading that around on the next dyno day :rofl:

30. RSConvert

Sooooooo? We all get shirts for participating? :keke:

31. techlord

techlord Active Member

post up cicio...

32. Sorry its been a busy morning catching up.

So Doug is right the Porsche toasted a coil pack the second lap of the second session. As I am sure you guys can imagine the first session was really me just learning the turns and the car on track. It was a real bummer because I was really starting to enjoy the car even after someone went off in the first session cutting our time to only 15 min instead of 20.

So anyway, not trying to make excuses, just telling the story. Just FYI guys, this car is no joke on track. I would be the first to tell you I was overconfident until I got on track in her...I drive this car quite a bit...probably put 2k miles on her in the last month, yet on track...its a whole new world. 550hp + 220 tread wear tires + road A = butt hole pucker!

Bottom line...you respect her, or she WILL kill you!

First session times ever on the track or in the GT2 were 1:52's consistently. Keep in mind that our highest speed on the back straight was 128mph due to waiting for e30's to wave us by.

I ran the hell out of the BMW all day Sunday, and really started getting to know the track, but the open diff, and complete lack of any type of track setup on the 1 made for really slow corner speeds and exit. by the end of the day Sunday I was running 1:50 flat in the BMW.

All in all it was a really fun weekend! Matt did a great job helping me, got to meet alot of cool people....even went up and hung out with Sharif at the Forged camp a little :) (Thanks for the water Sharif, I will take a ride in the 3 next time for sure)

And to answer your question RS, yes everyone that put in a time is getting a FREE t-shirt.... :D

They should be done in the next two weeks :)

Thanks for the support guys .

33. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

does my time entry count?

34. Matt@Topspeed

Matt@Topspeed Member

For what its worth Cicio drives pretty well for someone that doesn't have a ton of track time.

I had my G2X Data AQ setup in the car and when I overlayed his runs with some old runs from my Subaru it looks like he would run somewhere in the 1:42s without traffic. I think if we can get him out there on some tires that provide a little more feedback he will be in the high 1:38s pretty quickly.

I had a blast helping him learn the track, its pretty scary to be an instructor in a car that has that much potential. It carries speed very well and the limit is well over 1g in most turns. It puts down power very efficiently. Its hard to imagine a car being much better than this.

Look Cicio to be tearing it up at a track near you soon.

35. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

I is the winner!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  36. RSConvert

No Rome...we all is winners!!!!:banana:

37. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Just an update... got the GT2 all fixed up. Turned out to be the number 3 coil pack connector came un plugged.

Silly cars..

38. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

Sweet! Are you guys still planning to come to Sebring this weekend?

39. Matt@Topspeed

Matt@Topspeed Member

I don't think so, the shop is really busy right now and we are booked for Saturday.

That and my Subaru has to go back together this weekend so we can take it to Roebling.

40. I must have been laying under the car backwards or something....I thought cyl 3 was on the passenger side....woops... I guess I will just stick to wrenching as a hobby :)

41. techlord

techlord Active Member

lol thats what happens when 2 sales guys go to the track.:keke:

42. lukerussell

lukerussell New Member

good luck sharif. fresh tires?

my buddy mikey almost talked me into bringing the neon and winning unlimited fwd (only car entered). ha. he'll be there in the rsx.

i'll be headed to the ATL for some SCCA fun in november.

luke

43. lukerussell

lukerussell New Member

wait a minute, does rado still have the fwd car? screw that idea then. ha.

44. I will be sure to let Matt know that next time he wants to head out to the track. LOL

45. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

or an IT guy?

:p

46. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

Yeah Rado still runs the fwd car for now. But it would be hilarious to finish second to him.

Back to toyo r888's for mod class this weekend at sebring. Fresh rubber ready. :)

47. lukerussell

lukerussell New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7iUKaPlBl8

funny track day humor. the fact that the guy has a gt2 has no relation to the guys in here with gt2s. strict coincidence. ha.

i posted this on the main wrxatlanta page, but thought you guys would enjoy it more.

48. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

No they just get stupid and hit walls. Least Cicio kept both of his cars in tiptop shape body wise.

49. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

That's hysterical....first time I have seen that. It's been a while since I've met someone like that on track, but they are out there! :rofl:

50. C_wagginz

C_wagginz Member

bump...did the shirts ever come in and get distributed to those who submitted times in this thread? slowwrx (ball) reminded me of this thread by offering free shirts in the chat box...