Howdie Folks

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by javid, Oct 13, 2004.

1. javid

javid Member

I have passed through this board a few times but never registered. I met miloman today down at tech who told me to get off my ars and check the board out. Milo, your ride looks 'dead-sexy'.

I am rarely at Tech these days (MWF for just an hour), and spend most my time in E Cobb at work or home. On a good day I am at the track.....

Here's a what my car sounds and looks like, minus the magnet of course....

Actually, I don't think I can attach the .MOV, its 3.5 MB. Any one want to host?

Later guys and gals

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Welcome, welcome!

For you need something hosted please do not hesistate to email me and ask for it to be stored for a month or w/e duration of time. As always, feel free to email me if you have any questions, comments and or concerns. Once again, welcome!

3. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

So you're not the guy with the white/gold STI that parks on west campus . . . we still need to get him on here.

Welcome to the club!!

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

5. GTscoob

what makes your car sound so mean?

6. javid

javid Member

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I may have to check out the dyno day, I have a wedding to attend that day (at night I'm thinking), we'll see.

Alex I tried sending you the .MOV but your server kicked it back... and then I realized it was already hosted. Enjoy... Javid in turn 5

As for car audio, the TBE is made up of a JDM style Magnaflow Ti CB and a Random Tech DP with dual HFCs. It is a 3.5" or so bellmouth down to 3". Both Magnaflow and JIC (same exhaust different stamp on the muffler) produced these cat backs with a doughnut flange. It works great for the stock mid pipe, but not so well on non-OEM with a flat 3" flange. Plus the flange on the CB is only 2.5" then narrows down to 2.25" then finally widens out to 3", all with in the first 3 inches of the CB (the rest is 3" including the muffler). I ended up chopping this first 3" off and having a 3" pipe and flange made up. I think the meaness is mostly due to the muffler, or lack there of. It gets meaner when I go WOT under load, makes it hard to sneek up on people that live at the top of hills. :D

Well I better get back to work...

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

:eek2: work?!

It's alright, but just remember that now I own your productivity :p

8. cleansupgood1

cleansupgood1 New Member

Hey Javid, fancy seeing you here.

I was on club3G and cluib3G Alabama. Guess you jumped ship, too. I'll see you around town.

9. javid

javid Member

Awsome, another FWD has been converted to 'the right side'.

At the turn of the year I had $2k in drive train parts for the 3G (LSD, Clutch, Flywheel) sitting in my living room and thought to myself "it still isn't going to turn like an AWD/RWD".

I assume your lovin the 05 STi.

I frequent Little Tally, how far are you from there?

Nov 20 and 21st me and at least 1 other STi owner are going to Barber for a track day.

If your interested in Track Days check out my thread in the G2G forum.

Take care.

10. cleansupgood1

cleansupgood1 New Member

I used to live in Auburn, not too far away from the track. Some buddies of mine were going to rent out the track, but they never got around to it and my 3G kept exploding. Lemme guess, SPEC Flywheel and Stage 3 Clutch? I set up the first big group buy for those things last year. ONly part of my transmission that didn't bite it.

I'm in Atlanta now, so I'll see you around town. I'm kind of skittish about racing the STi since the 3G blew up at least once on the track, but keep me advised on the track days.

11. Porter

Porter Member

Hi Javid, you freak. :bigthumb:

12. javid

javid Member

Whats up man. Whens the boost controller comin in?

13. javid

javid Member

I want a ride when it does :D

14. GTscoob

Dont we all. That thing will be even more beastly with better boost control.