I did not bring a Subaru to AllPro

Discussion in 'Allpro Subie Service & Performance' started by wagunz_pwn, Dec 27, 2011.

1. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

First of all, thanks to Ryan for actually checking see if you could even work on my sisters Mazda 6. Where most shops just tell you to bring it by, Ryan goes above and beyond to keep my trust.

After a lot of troubleshooting 3 issues over the past month...she took my advice and dropped it off at AllPro this morning. Something with the transmission when shifting form 4th to 5th (automatic), hesitation at idle and p0300 misfire codes.

:sx:

2. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

AllPro = FTW!!!

We got the car back last night after Brandon spent countless hours trying to diagnose a general misfire code that the ECU would not specify to which cylinder.

After relpacing all spark plugs, a cracked vaccuum line and what was believed to be a bad coil pack, this didn't fix it...code came back. Swapped coil again...General p0300 misfire code came back.

Decision was made to replace all 6 coil packs...even though it seems pointless; if you ever had to get to the back side of the engine, you would understand...do it once.

After all that, the car is running normal again and my sister is happy...which is the most important thing!!

Thanks again to Brandon for the hard work and Ryan for the communcation and setting this up!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  3. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

I heard that the guys at AllPro are friendly and know their shiet.

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I heard that as well. Good luck with the Mazda :)

5. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Allpro always doing it right!

6. trouble06

trouble06 Member

Will be up there tomorrow morning!

7. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

2nd post updated.

AllPro = FTW!

Supporting Members get 10% off labor!!!!!!!!

8. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I know all to well. I went ahead and replaced all 6 coil packs on my MPV when I changed plugs (I think it is the same motor) because I didnt want to have to take the IM off again if one of the coil packs failed. The motor already had 125k on it and the coil packs arent too expensive since it is made by Ford:)

AllPro FTW!

9. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

glad to hear! Thanks for sharing!

10. trouble06

trouble06 Member

I went there yesterday to have a quote on some stuff and half of it was done right away without appointment in less than an hour!! And parts were in stock.
    Thumbs up for your help guys!