I love my Wagon!!

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by jonnyboy0150, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Demo24

Demo24 Member

I've seen you driving around randomly over the past few weeks. Must say it's very nice to see driving down the road!

2. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

Thanks guys!

Hey demo, are you the wagon I keep passing on 124 in Braselton in the mornings??

3. Demo24

Demo24 Member

nope, although there is another silver wagon that looks almost exactly like mine that seems to randomly appear around these parts.

4. schneid

schneid Member

your wagon looks awesome! white ftw

nice pics too

5. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

Well, Ive done it now! Im buying the following from Kenny at So Fla Autosports:

-FP Green
    -UR Up-pipe w/38mm EWG
    -HKS downpipe
    -APS 50/50 BOV

Then, all I will need is an Accessport, injectors, pump, and some tuning. And probably an TMIC or FMIC.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  6. caseyfoster

caseyfoster Member

Your wagon is nice on the eyes.

7. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

Thanks guys!!

8. Cant wait to see those updated pics:naughty:
    looking good man!!!! SHAZAAM!!!

9. Bolderer

Bolderer Member

I like where this is going. I have to admit I'm a little jealous. Nice work yet again.

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i rode in a car with a green and big top mount... it was bad ass... u will be happy :bigthumb:

11. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

I hope the setup turns out nice! I havent decided whether to go with a big TMIC or a FMIC. I think if I go with a average sized FMIC, the efficiency will be very good the increase in lag will not be too excessive. But, I've got time to figure all that out.

One thing I have decided on is that this will be a pump-gas only car. Though I did love meth on my bugeye, I prefer the simplicity and reliablility without meth.

What size injectors will I need for this setup?? Will 750cc's be enough? I don't plan on running too much over 20 psi. I had the deutchworks injectors in mind as many have been speaking very highly of them.

12. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

wow.... some nice upgrades you'll have going in there John.

I bet a green with ew will be rocking. May want to think about picking up an EBC (AVCR or similar).

Also, I would think the 750's should be enough, maybe at the upper limit of their rating, but I'll let
    someone else chime in on that one.

13. they should be ok if your not really running higher than 20psi....man that thing is gonna boogie:naughty:

14. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

im running the deatschwerks 740cc/min injectors with my SZ65... i believe we have room to spare, but i'll try to log the injector duty cycle today and check

they should run fine with the green on pump :)

15. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

Awesome! Well that's what ill be going with then! I cant wait to get the parts and get it up and running!

16. I sense the force will be strong with this subie.....

17. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

New stuff has arrived...

AP V2.0
    [​IMG]

UR Up-pipe w/44mm Tial Wastegate
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Downpipe should arrive tomorrow!

18. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

With the new stuff comes a few questions...

Will the factory BCS be able to control this wastegate with a protune?

Ive heard that with the two pressure ports on the wastegate I can run an aftermarket boost controller that can apply pressure to the top port to keep the gate closed until a certain boost level to improve spool. Is anyone familiar with this? Anyone know if this can be done with a Perrin EBCS, or would I need a high end EBCS such as an AVC-R?

And another thing...The up-pipe came with bolts (as you can see in the pics). Will there be any issues installing the up-pipe with these bolts rather than the typical studs??

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  19. pEd

Wowzers..... that's a sexy uppipe.

I was wondering on the Mtn. Run when your Green would be in.
    Be prepared for me to ask for a ride in it at the Drift ATL event (if it's all in by then).

20. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

Sounds good! The green may be delayed for a while. But I should have the UP, DP and Protune squared away by the time Drift Atlanta rolls around.

21. Demo24

Demo24 Member

Nice!

I see you riding around the braselton/985 area everynow and then. Got a really nice looking wagon going on!

22. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

It's On!!

The EWG up-pipe and downpipe have been installed!! Id like to thank Will for his work this morning! I dropped the Accessport stage 2 map in the parking lot before I left SoG as well. There is a considerable improvement in the car's power, and it sounds mean as hell!

We had some issues with the dump tube, so Ive got an appointment over at AAP to get it cut and rewelded next week. I'm still waiting on the IWG bracket for the TD04 to arrive, but I dont really need it as I dont yet have a functional dumptube or proper tuning. Scott Siegel will be tuning my car for the EWG on the 22nd of next month though!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  23. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

Update:

Everything has arrived. AAP reworked my dumptube so now it fits well. I've got my IWG bracket to hold the flapper closed. Now I'm just waiting on the tuning date! I also sold my catback and ordered a 3" Borla Hush catback to replace it. It should be reasonably quiet.

24. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

Hooked everything up for a trial run this afternoon. Ran vacuum to the wastegate, removed the IWG actuator, etc. etc. I had some issues with the IWG bracket with the turbo oil feed line. I cut a notch in the bracket and it went on just fine.

Reaction from short test drive: The EWG is sick as hell. The noise definitely turns heads. I got several WTF looks from people, lol.

25. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Got a sound clip ?

26. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

I'll try to get one soon.

27. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

I love those! so what does the EWG sound like if you had to describe it? I think I heard one once possibly

28. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

29. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

Borla Hush arrived this afternoon! I installed it this evening and took it for a drive. The catback sounds wonderful! I love it. It lets out a pretty mean, deep growl without being hella-loud like every other catback I've owned/heard. It was too dark for pics, so Ill get some up soon. Ill probably see most of you guys at Drift Atlanta this weekend!

30. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

Big thanks to SS for the Protune today! First thing we did was installa TurboXS Hyperflow TMIC to replace the pitifully-sized stock unit. About 15mins into the tune, Scott was having a hard time controlling the EWG with the factory boost solenoid. So we also decided that a Perrin EBCS was needed. The new solenoid made an immediate inprovement in boost control and smoothness.

Scott also helped me decide on my next step. I believe I will be going with a Deadbolt TD06 20g. The plan is to do the 20g and a Walbro, and then see how far we can go on the stock injectors. Should be pretty interesting.

31. dubs04wrx

dubs04wrx Member

if I had a wagon it would be that clean

32. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I have your old stockers....what the hell happened to two of them?

33. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

Nothing. They were mint while in my ownership. I sent you a PM.

34. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

About time for an update...There has been several changes lately:

Never did have the money for the 20g, so the setup will remain as follows (for a while at least)...
    -TurboXS Hyperflow TMIC
    -UltimateRacing 44mm EWG Up-Pipe (w/Tial 44mm Wastegate)
    -HKS Downpipe
    -Borla Hush Catback (w/adapter for full 3 in.)
    -Perrin EBCS
    -Cobb Accessport 2.0, Protuned by SS

Other changes are:

-Rallyarmor Limited Edition Mudflaps (bought used from NemesisDigital)
    -Thule Bike Rack
    -And I painted my STi BBS's black

I need to take some updated pics, if I ever have some free time.

Aside from car updates, I've decided to transfer to Mississippi State for school this fall. Before I leave town, Ill be coming to the dyno day at BG coming up. Im looking forward to hangin out and seeing what the wagon puts out on the stock turbo. So Ill see you guys out there, and Ill try to get some pics posted up pretty soon!

35. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

cool man, see ya there!

36. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

you better check yourself.....haha..... I believe black hands down....

Nice wagon by the way....white is pretty hot...

37. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Congrats John,

I can't wait to see some new pics of the wagon....wagons ftw....

Mark:)

38. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

Pics Have Arrived!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

39. redman

redman Member

Nice pics man, the car looks great.

40. pEd

Looking good John

41. Bolderer

Bolderer Member

I like your style man. It's totally different than before but I still like it. You need some black lugs. They're easily found for cheap on ebay or something. The silver lugs just stand out on the black wheels way too much.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2007
  42. savsuby

savsuby Member

Lookin good.

43. Deke

Deke Active Member

Looks really good! I have a general stance against mudflaps on our cars, but something about the bike rack ties it all together nicely :)