I went to jail for my tint????

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by gfred024, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Jake

Jake Active Member

agree with the biking thing. however, i am very cautious and pay attention to things like that and completely blocked out work vans/etc. i make sure to either stay in their mirror view or get in front of them asap. i watched a dude on a harley cruiser yesterday sit in the blindspot of one of those beer distributor HHR's. and sure enough the HHR came right over on top of him with his son on the back. dumbass

2. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I ride a RC51 myself and in all honesty bikers should be wary regardless. No matter if the car looks like it's slowing down or if it sees you you should still be on the ready to lay on that brake. Tint makes not a bit of difference if you are truly a safe biker. I'm not trying to look inside a car to see the driver....I'm looking at the car itself.

3. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah if you haven't taken AT LEAST a defensive driving course, do yourself a favor. i've done it three times and will take it more (as often as possible to save $$ on insurance). but the one thing i've taken away every time is to be more aware of my surroundings. and then after you take that, take the MSF course.

its like i've learned in retail EVERYBODY has an asshole in them, and guess what when you're on a motorcycle EVERYONE is trying to KILL you

4. motomark

motomark Loudest fuel pump Tucker Supporting Member

As an avid cyclist who has ridden the faster mustache race twice (24 hour road bike race in downtown atlanta) it's simple. Trust NO ONE. EVER. I drive close to 30K miles per year, nearly all of it in Atlanta traffic and have had no accidents since I moved to Atlanta. Definitely some luck involved, but trust no one principle has definitely saved me more than a few times. Assume everyone is an asshole and you'll be right at least some of the time.

Many, many years ago I used to drive a 20' delivery truck for a food bank. It was a donated POS with bad brakes and no 3rd gear syncro. You learned to look WAY far ahead of you for traffic patterns. Panic stops were not an option in that thing. Between the shit brakes and no 4th to 3rd syncro, I learned to rev match pretty damn quick.