Install Day 9/30

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by calmnothing, Aug 30, 2007.

?

Install Day Date?

Poll closed Sep 20, 2007.
  1. 9/22

12.5%
  2. 9/23

21.9%
  3. 9/29

21.9%
  4. 9/30

43.8%
  1. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Scored a gas powered generator for the lot, bitches!

2. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Hell Yeah!!

I'll bring an extension cord, though I'm sure everyone else will be as well.
    That way we can move it way the hell off somewhere else so we don't have to yell over it.

Anything else you want anyone to bring??

3. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

^blocks of wood for your car

and fill your tires with proper amount of air :D

4. calmnothing

Jacks stands and jacks would be appreciated

5. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

I've got 2 jacks, I'll bring 'em.

Also anyone wants to bring me some 194 bulbs, Blue 194 Bulb Condoms or 194-sized LEDs for my interior color change it'd be appreciated >;D
    Just in case I break something >_>

6. calmnothing

I need someone with a wagon to come early around 8:15 to pick up the generator. PM me

7. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

I think that a sign up list for the fender roller is a smashing idea.

Lets just hypothetically say we go from 9am until 5pm...that is 8 hrs. At 2 hrs per car, that is only 4 cars that can get rolled. Even if we go faster than 2 hrs per car...we are still only looking at 6 or 7 cars max that can get rolled.

If someone is just dying to go first, then that is fine by me, but I would like to be at least one of the first three on the roller. It would suck to get to the end of the day and not even get a chance to do my own fenders.

8. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

If Sakari-Mike gives me the ss lines and clutch lines, i'll have those to install. Otherwise, I might need to change my oil.

9. Kolgoth

Kolgoth Supporting Member

If you're serious let me know - LOL - I need someone to do mine (I'm sure as hell not risking it myself) - 'cept I ain't givin you $6 per side... LoL I'll do $25 total - but damnit - I want my fenders rolled!

I'd like to be #2 after Ped...

Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  10. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Well, we can train on my car first, or we could train on your car first. Either way doesn't matter to me.
    Decide how brave you want to be with your car and we'll go from there.

11. techlord

techlord Active Member

I would recommend who ever does not give 2 shits about paint cracking go first so you know just how much you can go without issues.

12. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

I could do that now that some fucker keyed my car. I wonder how low I could go with proper rolling. Although I think someone said before mine's already been done.

13. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

Since I already have the roller and heat gun I am thinking about doing my fenders tonight so that someone else can have my spot tomorrow.

14. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Same here :)

Just want the damn fenders finished for once and for all.

I may bring the RCE front springs and install those as well.

15. Hairpin555

Hairpin555 New Member

I have a ramp if you guys want me to bring it.

I've been told installing engine/tranny mounts will take a long time; do you guys think we will have enough time to roll all the fenders and do this also?

16. techlord

techlord Active Member

Damn I forget quickly I have a new cordless goodyear impact new in the box w/Xtra battery. I will bring it along with some other stuff we might need. New FP18G arrived this morning...I am stoked.

17. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I did my rotors last night and I couldnt get the bushing brackets for my sway bars in time so it looks like all Im doing is the ss brake lines.

and I have a wagon if anyone needs to transport stuff

18. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

It depends on what you consider a long time...maybe 2 hrs. For both tranny and engine.

19. STiBottom

STiBottom Member

Oh while I am thinking about it...if someone had a clutch alignment tool that they can bring it would be greatly appreciated. Oh shit I need to go get some beer haha stupid sunday.

Stuff I am bringing:
    2 jack stands
    1 jack
    socket set
    wrenches
    cheater bar
    screw drivers
    pry bar
    various other make things easier tools
    Something to drain liquids into

All of this stuff I am willing to let people use so if you need it just find me

Last edited: Sep 29, 2007
  20. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

A few other things I am bringing tomorrow.

4 jack stands.
    2 ramps
    2 25" extension cables

I ran out of time and energy, so I didn't end up doing my fenders tonight...tomorrow it is then.

See everyone there!

21. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I'll bring mine but I hope your not planning on doing a clutch tomorrow.

22. STiBottom

STiBottom Member

Haha yeah maybe. Why do you ask?

23. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

a clutch swap isnt something that should be done in a parking lot. Id recommend u do it in someones garage where you can let it sit if something goes wrong and it requires alot of tools

24. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

Someone wanna bring a putty knife?

25. socrates42

socrates42 Member

i'll bring a putty knife for ya, I wont be there till after brunch though. 1ish. I've got to check my brakes and possibly install a short shifter.

26. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

Cool.

Tentatively I'm bringing:
    2 Jacks
    A wheel wrench thingie
    Some filler putty stuff
    Razor blades
    Super Glue
    Various cleaning supplies
    Jumper Cables

27. calmnothing

Good morning ladies

28. scooby_snacks

Morning. On my way soon, just woke up!

29. Kolgoth

Haha - my lazy ass just got up - long long night finishing the new room...

I'll bring a putty knife - on my way in about 5 minutes... Got 2 jack stands and some misc tools - nothing too fancy though...

My final list of things I need to do because I have them with me:

Spark Plugs
    Tire Rotation
    STi Up
    Fenders Rolled (if possible)

Well see you guys soon!

30. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Yea Im just gettin outa bed

31. socrates42

socrates42 Member

headed up there.
    my list is:
    check front brakepads
    roll fenders
    uppipe possibly. (need gaskets anyone know where i can get some short notice?)
    short shifter

32. socrates42

socrates42 Member

damn this might not be happening! argh!

33. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Nice turn out! Thanks Junior for the help on the Brake lines and Ped and Keith for lending me the tools!

34. caseyfoster

caseyfoster Member

Turned our pretty well, about 22 different wrx members.

35. Kolgoth

Yeah - turned out really well!

I got the tires rotated and fenders rotated... Didn't end up doin the uppipe b/c I didn't have all my tools or the necessary gaskets... I also didn't do the spark plugs or change out the new grill - but all in all it was a great day... Thanks especially go to Mark for helping roll the fenders - kick ass job man!

However, I ended up with some stuff afterwards...

If you're missing a jack - let me know - I might have yours...

Anyway - dinnertime!

36. STiBottom

STiBottom Member

PM'd

Haha I feel dumb

37. scooby_snacks

Had a good time even if I'm burnt to fuck, glad to get my stuff sorted and it was great meeting all of you finally.

38. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

You too man,how are you likin the brake lines?

39. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Me too but at least I was under my car most of the time so its only my legs. I had enough sense to put sun block in my car but not enough to put it on me.

40. scooby_snacks

I'm liking them so far. It's different to what I expected in the sense that it's not dramatically increased the braking stiffness to that of luxury cars but rather it's more like if I switched to better grabbing brakes. So I don't need to push as hard to get what I want. There were a few times on the way back where I could hear the brakes making a lil noise when I let go from stop signs after having way too much pressure on them keeping them really tight!

Thanks again for the help mate!

It's also nice driving about with 5 lugnuts again!

41. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

How'd that Tribeca bar install go?

<EDIT> Nevermind I saw your other thread.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  42. STiBottom

STiBottom Member

It was nice meeting people finally and also I think we should have a poll as to when Techlord breaks something. Haha j/k with ya Rick, thanks for letting me borrow some tools that I forgot today.

43. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

did anyone find two orange jack stands anywhere?

it was a great install-day, thank you to the host

EDIT: found, it's all good

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  44. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

Yeah...despite the 3rd degree sunburn on my face...it was a great day!
    [​IMG]

Thanks for getting it together Wes!

It was good to meet everyone! Marcus, Wes, Alex, Zan, Gerald, Matt, Ped, Rick, Chase, Jack, Mike Fred, George, Gary, Paul, Sarah, Tommy, Jason, Bob, Donder, Winston, Spangler, Harry, Martin, Charlie...and everyone else that I have already forgotten names of...

I think there were a total of 7 people including myself that wanted to get their fenders rolled, and we got 5 done...not bad, I am sorry that we didn't get to everyone.

45. scooby_snacks

haha I'm just as bad, took a shower looked in the mirror and it still looked like I was wearing a t shirt. Should have worn a tank top and gotten a tan :rofl:

46. Deke

Deke Active Member

was good meeting the few of you that I did. Maybe next time I'll bring something to install and spend a little more time out there. :)

47. Kolgoth

Rolled even...damn sun! Haha

Ya - I brought back your jack stands as well; they're over here. Also, one of the jacks have been noted to who owns it, the other 2 are still up though. Check and see if you're missing a jack and PM me if so and we'll see if these are yours...

Thanks for the help today guys - great seeing everyone show up like that!

48. techlord

techlord Active Member

Had a great day I am a bit burnt as well. It is off to see SS to get tuned can't wait to see what she has in her.

Forgot who has my jack and 14mm just hit me up when you are in the area and I will come get the stuff.

49. xpsi

xpsi Member

Not a problem :bigthumb:. Glad that I could help out, I was getting tired of watching people work on their cars. lol
    I wish I had something to do on mine. Maybe next time though.

50. Hairpin555

Hairpin555 New Member

Hey guys, Tae here.

We did the group-n engine and tranny mount (which was a HUGE pain in the ass by the way; we were there until 7 pm); thanks to you all for letting me use your tools.

Nice meeting you all! and special thanks to Wes for organizing this.

P.S. Rick; I have your floor jack and 14mm swivel socket. pED I think you left some smaller wooden blocks - I have them. Send me a pm and I will drop these off or bring it the next time we meet. Thanks again guys.