Install Day: July 8th (hosted by calmnothing)

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by miloman, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Demo24

Demo24 Member

well there was that one guy that climbed the tree for a pic:rofl:

2. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

hopefully every1 who took pictures, including all personal ones would be posted a.s.a.p also it turned out great.. had some problems with others but hopefully they will be fine.. also i installed a CAI, boost gauge, hella supertones, and it was fun.. BIG THANKS TO JT, and all others who helped me to this..also milo we missed you and ur hand filled with glass of gin or vodka..

3. AGL_7882

AGL_7882 Member

the install day was great. thanks ped and mike (sakari) for all the help with the borla hush, that damn spring was a pain in the ass. thanks mark for driving me around. hope to see sum of u tomorrow.

4. Some girl, i'm guessing someones girlfriend/wife was taking pictures from different angles and stuff. I'm sure hers looks better then mine. I just point and shot for reference. I'll host em soon.

5. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Thanks guys for another great install day. Thanks Alex and Milo for the food and help setting it up. Thanks Mike Sakari for providing the grill and helping everyone install their things and delivering the parts. Thanks to Ped for helping me and everyone install. Thanks to Sylver for helping us transport the grill from Mike's house. And thanks to everyone who was helping all the newbs out there =) I hope you guys had fun.

This location is open whenever we have an event. I would be more than happy to help with any g2g

Last edited: Jul 8, 2006
  6. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

thanks wes for getting a location and getting the grilling done.
    thanks to Mike for the grill.

Overall a pretty productive and fun day. Nice meeting a lot of new people and seeing lots of nice cars.

Still can't believe how much this site has grown :)

Can't wait to see the photo from the tree.....

7. jayj713

jayj713 Member

how did you guys get the grill back?

8. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

milo <3 scotch

9. Brian

Brian Active Member

F@#$, I didn't want to miss this, sorry! On the plus side, 1 of my kids is now missing tonsils and adnoids.

10. calmnothing

Hey no worries. This lot will be open for any sort of Wrx g2g. I'm glad you're kid is now missing organs. That's GREAT =)

pEd and Moose (wrb sti with gold G-games?) I think I have a few of your tools. Mike Sakari I've still got your stuff safe at my house. We can meet up at anytime so we can get everything figured out.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2006
  11. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Thanks!

I would like to thank Calmnothing we were the first to get there and tha last to leave,Sakari,wrxguy,soldrums,jtmoney and everyone else that had a hand in helping me with the car THANK YOU MUCHO MUCH!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: I really appreciate it. And if you saw me havin a fit and cussin it was at the car and not directed at anyone was gettin fustrated but hey ya gotta learn and start from somewhere. I did I didn't throw a CEL either...but I drove 45-50 all the way home takin the street. So is boost creep a kind of whistling sound?

12. We called a friend with a truck no biggie

13. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

I arrived later around 6pm, and it's always great to meet so many Subie enthusiasts who can share their boxer addiction.

:)

14. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

A big Thank You to Wes for setting up this wonderful install day!!!. It was great meeting a lot of new folks and also seeing old friends!!. I really enjoyed hanging out and helping out others. I am so psyched about getting the new Invidia V2 this Friday!!. I just need to take care of this dang sunburn!!. Take Care All....

Mark

15. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

16. calmnothing

haha that first pic is priceless....he was like 40ft in the air

17. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

18. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Great Pics Fareed!!....I was really happy for ya bro that you got your exhaust and DP...I can't wait to get my DP in...Glad to hear that you got home safely.

Mark

19. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

20. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Springing into action.

[​IMG]

21. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

fareed: nice exhaust :)
    is that ryan? :rofl:

22. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

I think it's wrxguy, but I'm way bad with names and aliases.

23. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

yup... same guy :rofl:

24. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

great pictures.. ;)

25. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Thanks!
    Lesson learned @ install day: up pipes are the EVIL thay make u do things to other parts so you won't mess with them lol.

26. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

you are right
    good thing i didn't do mine with ya.. i'm thinking getting it done at a shop..

27. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I know what cha mean I mostly remember people by their screen name.

Yeah they def. earn their $$ 4 doing it.

It never came off but something else did haha

betYou likin those horns huh!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2006
  28. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

hah, thanks again wes. it was entertaining as always :)

thank you again to mike and ryan for bending over backwards to help everyone install their stuff!

also, thank you to those that threw in some money for the Sam's trip for lunch.

29. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

:3mol:

30. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

I got there kinda late almost 5pm
    too bad i missed some of the excitement in the early part of the day.

I am looking forward to the next
    I promise I will have some parts to install

31. Trey

Trey Active Member

Man I wanted to go so bad, our deck people showed and stained it. I wasn't expecting that. See you guys next time.

32. heathbar

heathbar Member

and you missed another 9-2x :p

33. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

yeah yesturday when i went to bp and horned there everyone started horning,. lol it was funny.. scott was there also with jake..
    it was funny

34. Demo24

Demo24 Member

missed 2 actually :)

Thanks for the pictures!

35. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

i always miss the good stuff

36. Demo24

Demo24 Member

heh, you guys got me in the mod mood. So today I went out and took out the intake silencer. Kicked my ass for a bit but I got the bastard! Very happy with the results, didn't expect it to be so loud. :)

37. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

glad u liked it ;)

38. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

this was a great day and thanks calmnothing for putting this on. also thanks for the food and drinks. good to meet some new people and put some faces to screen names. and it is always nice to hang out with old friends!

39. cannarella

cannarella Member

I was there from about 11 to 1. So I missed both of you...

Thanks everyone for the experience.

Andy

40. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

yeah those things are super loud....especially with the hood up and head near the front end....:rofl:

41. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Heyy I met you I was there all day!!

I thought I saw 3 saabarus

I thought you were there too, the guy in the bike shirt with the cool shades that said "just cut it off" haha

Last edited: Jul 9, 2006
  42. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

uhh.... go go gadget springs anyone???

43. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

sorry i didn't make it. it was a buddies birthday and he wantted to go camping on lake lanier, so we did.
    did you not get the UP installed? is it really that bad? that's what i was going to do as well. man, i really don't want to fuck up my car doing it by myself.

44. 8urvtec

8urvtec Member

ya i will work on gettin that pick from my friend bubba in the tree, he took it with a disposable so i got to scan it and all that jazz. i will try and get my pics up soon...and thanx so much jt for all your help on my crank pulley. it makes a big difference, love it:bowdown:

45. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Nope, Yep and Just take it to SOG or TS which is what I'm prob gonna do but then I have will have to buy a new up. which defeats the purpose of me saving money that would have been going toward some em in the first place but we did give it one hell of a try Thanks again!!:bigthumb:

46. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I didnt mean to leave ped out either, he and his tools were a valuable asset.

47. Demo24

Demo24 Member

yeah, but goixiz missed the other 2 there :wiggle:

48. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

man, what a bummer. and the saving some dough is why i bought the gutted UP as well. hmmmmm, i gots some thinking to do.

49. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

thinking? dip dip dip :D

50. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Everyone is haveing a fun time

[​IMG]
    Sexy rims.

[​IMG]
    I think I weirded him out...

[​IMG]
    He was working on those springs for hours... Those were some tiny springs too..

[​IMG]
    Sexy.

[​IMG]
    Look pink shirt!

[​IMG]
    Trying to show how many people where there

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    My fav shot.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2006