Integroid's Legacy GT Wagon

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by integroid, Nov 9, 2009.

1. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Well I figured I would finally start a journal since I am at the point of no turning my car back to stock. Here is a list of Mods on the car and in the works.

Ported/Polished Fully Worked AVCS Heads
    Supertech SS +1MM Intake Valves
    Supertech Inconel +1MM Exhaust Vavles
    BC Valve Springs
    BC Ti Retainers
    BC 272 AVCS Cams

EJ255 Shortblock
    Eagle Rods
    Mahle 100MM Pistons
    ACL Race Bearings
    ARP Studs
    11MM Oil Pump
    Oil Passage Mods
    Gates Racing Timing Belt
    JDM TGV Housings
    Bosch 1000CC Injectors
    TurboXS Fuel Rails

TSPmotorsports EL Header:)
    Ball Racing Rotated Kit
    Precision 6262 V-band turbo
    Greddy SPII Exhaust
    Tial BOV
    Cobb APv2
    Custom 3.5 Inlet and MAF housing
    Fuel Labs FPR
    EBAY FMIC (and proud of it!)

BC Racing X-Overs (F-8K, R-10k)
    Whiteline F&R Sway Bars
    Perrin End Links
    Perrin PSRS
    STI Brembo Calipers
    Stoptech STI Slotted Front Rotors
    DBA 4000 Rear Rotors
    Hawk HP+ F&R Pads
    SS Brake Lines
    ACT 6Puck Sprung Clutch
    ACT Streetlite FW
    Rota Tarmac 2 18X8
    235/40/18 Bridgestone RE01r

Alpine Head Unit in cubby
    JL 300/2
    JL 300/4
    JL 10W3 Custom Stealth Enclosure
    DLS UP6i front speakers
    STi Shift Knob
    Apexi AVCR

I think that is about it. The motor is about 90% done. Should be finished up by this weekend. All of the gaskets and misc items were ordered today. It will probably be a few weeks before it goes in. The Precision V-band 6262 should be in the car after the break in (HINT HINT MATT). The car with the stock motor and T3/T04E turbo made 420whp and 410wtq. We are shooting for 480 whp on pump or until the tranny grenades and 550+whp on race fuel. I will update this thread with pics as soon as I get them. Andrew is suppose to be taking some pics of the motor so hopefully he can upload them soon.

12/30/2009
    THE MOTOR IS DONE AND IN! Should be getting turbo in soon then off to the dyno!

02/10/2009
    Post 137 for Dynograph!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

about friggin' time!

3. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

we've been waiting!

4. ballistic

ballistic Member

I'll post them up at the end of the week

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I vote tranny grenades after the first tune!

Sick build on a total sleeper man.

6. integroid

Coolrex, you have to remember I have a Legacy Tranny that is stonger than any WRX 5-speed ever made. There are a few guys making over 500WTQ and still havent grenaded their tranny. There is a video of a guy that made 550WTQ and running multiple mid 11's on the stock tranny.

7. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Doesn't matter. First time that case flexes and you happen to be going into 2nd.....BAM!

8. integroid

Well, like I said, I am buying parts and pieces for the 6speed swap....I know it will break sooner or later...I dont drive my car hard and hardly ever really launch it so I am thinking the case flexing in 2nd is not an issue with me. If it can last me till March I will be happy. I will probably ned up just buying a new 07 6speed. Easy to swap in my Legacy and I can keep my rear end and axles. Just need to get an auto Legacy Driveshaft, clutch, fw, linkage etc....

9. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

That works. So the Legacy rear end is the same ratio as the 02-05 WRX?

10. b reel

b reel Active Member

Eddie just take your shaft and have a driveline shop make you a custom one piece, modify the bearing carrier into a safety hoop and be done with it. Might even be cheaper than sourcing a new drive shaft as well.

11. integroid

I found one on ebay for $100 and I passed up the deal like an idiot. There are plenty out there. I just have to find one.

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

You will find one....just be patient. Not that you already have been.

13. integroid

14. ballistic

ballistic Member

I was just about to post that up. more pictures on the facebook page

15. integroid

16. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Mine 'used' to look like that. Now it's all black.

17. integroid

Jesus, $700 worth of parts this week...Hopefully that will be the last of them. Scheduled to go in 12/19.

18. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Ah quit yer whining!

19. integroid

Man, I just got in all of my Gates Racing Belts and they have a very distinct smell to them. My whole cube area smells like brand new tennis shoes?

20. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yeah they smell like shoes. Kevlar.

21. UpSideDownDesi

UpSideDownDesi Active Member

build is coming alone very nicely. This is gonna be one monster Legacy Wagon. Sleeper sleeper what lol.

22. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

I know how you feel. I just started my build not cheap... :)

23. integroid

Yeah, the pistons, rods, cams, valves, springs, retainers was the cheap part on motor build:)

24. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Why???? And or how??^^^^

25. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Machining done the right way isn't cheap.

26. integroid

^^what he said (See, I can agree with you coolrex:) plus all of the belts, bolts, pumps, tensioners, gaskets, etc...all add up. Seriously, I have dropped $1k in the last two weeks on all the external crap that needs to go on the motor.

27. integroid

28. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Can't wait to put it in this weekend

29. integroid

Thanks for helping Sean. I should see you up there Sat and some Sun. I have to work all weekend:( The motor was actually pretty light. Mr Ball and I had no problems lifting it. I can't believe the motor stand and the motor fit into my car:)

30. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

When , where are you putting this in the car? I may have some time one day to swing by and help.

31. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

What a testiment to the usefulness of a Leggy Wagon!

I was looking at two of them at the shop yesterday and was thinking man those things are actually very nice looking.

32. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Something about the picture of the block in the mirror threw me off for a little. The water pump and the flywheel access hole were on the wrong side.

33. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Mirror flipping FTL! It did the same to me at first. I was like when was a LGT wagon with right hand drive offered in the US?

34. integroid

LOL...Yes, I had to have a wagon because of all the bike gear I haul around to races. I was actually looking for a forester like mmtasty's but found this car and couldnt pass it up.

35. integroid

"Quitest fully forged motor I've heard"

36. integroid

I just wanted to thanka few people.

First being Steven King. He is the man! nuff said.
    Next would be Sean for helping Steven since I had to work all last weekend.
    Finally, Ball Engines....Good Lord this motor is super quiet. It doesnt sound much louder than stock from outside the car. Inside the car, I can't even tell a difference. First Torque Plate Subaru they have done and it works flawlessly!

Steven took it out a few times a did a break in run for me. Took it to work and had to change out the intake cam seals since they were leaking. Got back home, dumped the oil and away we went. I was SERIOUSLY scared for about 10 minutes. The car was sputtering, back firing, throwing codes....we get back to King's house, he starts tightening the IM down some more and I drop a new safe base line map. BAM....car idled fine and drove great. Such a nice feeling having an ACT clutch again. The other nameless clutch company will never go back into any of my cars. The owner of the nameless clutch company was my roommate in college so I had to give them a shot. Anyway, two weeks breaking it in easy....we hit 22 psi TONIGHT DOOOH! so I will be driving it agressively....WIll have the 6262 mid Jan, then I want to see 500whp on pump. Let me rephrase, this bish better make 500whp on pump or I am parting her out:) I am drunk and have kicked out of my bed...bah
    THanks to all that have helped finally get my built motor in the car!

I really thought the cams would have more lobe than they do. Maybe one of the tuners can work their magic.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  37. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

awesome

38. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Get ready to part it out, I don't see it making 500whp on pump with a stock ecu

39. integroid

SHut it bish! It willmake 500 on pump!

40. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

this car is pretty awesome. cant wait to see it hit that 500 mark

41. FACE

FACE Active Member

Congrats man I want a ride in this one too!!!

42. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Hate to burst your bubble but 500hp on pump only is gonna be a stretch. My tuner has that exact same turbo on a motor that is built more than yours and he pushed it as hard as he could.....nope. Ended up popping that motor from pushing it so hard on a tired built engine.

Good luck and glad to hear that it's so nice and quiet.

43. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

But in all fairness your car isn't making 470whp on pump on Batlground or Topspeeds dyno either. I'll put 100 bucks on it. Drews car might make 475whp if he would put a header on it, but thats going to be the limit on pump gas for his car I think. Eddies car might get to 500whp on pump if he pulled out every trick in the book, his heads have a nice port job on them and hes got cams with the headers he is going to put on it and a big backside on the turbo it will get close but I don't know if it will crack 500whp.

44. integroid

Ok, how about if I dont hit 500whp on 100 octane I am parting her out:) I can get 100 octane pretty easily around here.

45. integroid

The ported heads, valves, and cams have made a huge difference on spool up on my car. I will need to get a much bigger turbo so I can get my lag back:) I can hit full spool at 3700 RPM's now...before it would be 4200 rpm before I would get full spool. Ask king, I thought there was some timing issue at first because of how fast the turbo spooled:) I can laugh about it now but I really thought there was something really wrong with my car at the time.

46. b reel

b reel Active Member

Glad to hear she's up and running, now you can keep up with Sean and I.

47. integroid

LOL...you are funny:)

48. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Ha. Tell you what.....come spring time I'll come collect my $100. I'm on a severely dumbed down tune until I get some miles on this thing.

49. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

On 100 octane I'd expect it to easily go over 500. 93 and 100 are pretty far apart...

I thought Decker was going to make a post about it, but we just finished up an '07 STi with a BC stroker, heads, cams, Cosworth intake, header, AEM EMS etc.

It made 471 whp "Dynojet correction"... We tried to get E85 for it yesterday but the pump was down. We'll be running Sunoco 110 and E85 on it in the next few weeks.

So I'd say Eddie's can go 470-480 "Dynojet whp" on 93. 100 should go WELL over 5...

Siegel

50. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Oh on 100 octane you got it EASILY! Can't wait to see what this beast turns out. Very impressive spool for that big turbo too! I know it puts a smile on your face.