Integroid's Legacy GT Wagon

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by integroid, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

So do I! wink wink:

2. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Same here.....

3. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

The tune is scheduled for 2/10 at high noon up at Topspeed.
    Still trying to get use to the car not sounding like a Subaru.

4. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Your car sounds like a Subaru. JDM Subaru's with the twin scrolls sound the same.

5. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

Nice write up on the Battleground blog. You stuck with the Legacy intake manifold eh?

6. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

The Legacy manifold is better. Plastic doesn't heat soak as badly and it has much more clearance than the cast ones for the piping.

7. integroid

Plus I have heard the runners are longer in the Legacy Manifold. The interior also flows better since there are no casting marks.

8. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Didn't know the runners are longer. It's probably minimal though but minimal can make a difference.

9. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

The runners are larger and equal and just a better design in general. The Plenum is also bigger

10. integroid

Tomorrow is the big day. I will be up at Topspeed from 1 till whenever the car is done. I hope Doug can work his magic and get me close to 500whp on pump:)

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Good luck man! I'll be there on Saturday from 2PM on.

12. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

In for some interesting reading later on. Doubt everything will go smoothly, it hardly ever does...but i wish you the best of luck man!

13. integroid

I don't see why it wouldn't unless the tranny gives out on the Dyno. The new motor has been running for over a month without a problem. The complete system was pressure tested last week at BG. It runs great out of boost on the limp map so I just need DOug to work his magic this afternoon:)

14. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Why wouldn't it? He's been driving the car for a while and if I know Eddie enough he's anal about making sure things are right.

Way to put a dampening on the day!

Eddie can you vid a pull on the dyno? I'd love to hear what your car sounds like at full song with that new turbo.

15. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Sorry, not trying to be a debbie downer lol, majority of the time though theres always "something" haha. Again, best of luck man!

Post up if i was right or wrong, if im wrong color me suprised and ill buy you a beer if we ever hang out. :)

16. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

I just talked to Eddie all I have to say is OMGWTFBBQ!

17. b reel

b reel Active Member

You were right, the big white turd had to be pushed off the rollers after grenading the weak ass 5-spd.
    Only made 209hp wheel and 152tq at that. At least Doug didn't loose any toe's in the process. Guess we'll have a work party to put that 6-spd in soon, right Eddie?

18. ballistic

ballistic Member

same here lol

19. b reel

b reel Active Member

If you want to bring it down to the shop and do the swap, just let me know when

20. integroid

LOL....No time to post numbers and those that know better not say a word:)

All I can say is the car breaks the RE01r's loose in 3rd gear when boost comes up.

21. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Made the ponies my b!tch

I must say though we were all taking bets on when the tranny was going to let go.. and we all would have lost. Myself included since the car drove off with all 5 gears.

Not much to say except DAMN!!!

Edit:.. my bad didn't see the ninja post earlier

22. Good to meet you today man! Hope to see you again on Saturday.

Are you sure its in four wheel drive? :rofl:

23. techlord

techlord Active Member

ThisThreadISuselessW/o#'sorChart!!!

24. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

breaking tires loose is good enough for almost ne one

25. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Gawd... here is the graph damn.

30psi Q16---> Monkeyyyyy Tooooned
    [​IMG]

26. techlord

techlord Active Member

Eddies car not the pocket rocket:rofl::rofl::rofl:

27. ↑↑↑↑↑ Golf Cart ;)

28. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I think wrxboxer owes Eddie beer.

29. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

There are definately no retarded monkeys at Topspeed!

30. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Congrats Eddie. Heard the news. Sounds like a bit of a monster!

31. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Not making 6whp bitch!

Haha, quit holding out already!

Eddie make a post on aspeed next time your in AU man!

32. integroid

Gawd most of you already know so why bother. All I know is that it is the highest HP Legacy I have seen:) The next closest was 565whp on Q16.

33. slowwrx

Come on Eddie post the graph

34. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Damn, we had time to finish a movie before the graph got posted? (BTW Dante's Inferno was pretty good if you don't mind Anime/animated films) I thought this would have been done asap. It's a nice set of numbers, post it up! The thing that REALLY surprised me was hearing those numbers on those BC cams!

35. integroid

First off I wanted to thank a few folks.

Ball Engines for building me an awesome long block and always taking care of me.

Matt Ball for getting me into my first rotated kit and helpig me out with this build.

Andy and Mike at Sargent Performance for helping me work on my car.

Mr King for getting the new motor in the car

Brandon at Batlground for his awesome fabrication work getting the new turbo and manifold in the car.

Doug and Cicio at Topspeed for their help today and not making BS excuses but making a ton of power.

The day started off with a pump gas map, 465 whp @ 21 psi. I was happy but was really hoping for closer to 500. Doug said hitting 500whp on pump would be very hard and that I should be happy with what I got on pump. He said race gas will tell the tale. I thought that maybe swine had cursed me so I was a little worried at first.

Damn, daughter is crying...be back in a few with the dyno.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  36. integroid

Fine....drum rolll please......

37. integroid

38. integroid

Oh yeah, thanks to all the above for not charging me $15K for being SO INNOVATIVE!

I almost fell to the floor when Doug told me how much I owed him for tuning the car.

39. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Pfffft is that it? Must be that small header holding you back lol

j/k

Congrats!! Those are awesome numbers

40. integroid

LOL, it's the same header you got on your car:)

41. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Wow dude very nice....

42. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Congrats man. Although I think Andy did almost everything on our part. All I did was a bit of consulting and some recommendations. Now I want to see how it will run once Andy gets done with the 6 speed! I was telling Matt I think it would be cool to get your car, Drews and Bens down to the drag strip when they are all done.

43. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Very very impressed man. You have my respect for sure!

I'm thinking hard about doing q16 on mine Saturday. Although I'm held back by stock STi rods and Sti cams and a 2.0L ECU although Doug said he sees no issue.

We'll find out I guess.

44. integroid

Nah, just put some Q16 in it and let Doug do his magic.

45. motomark

motomark Loudest fuel pump Tucker Supporting Member

Yikes...

I just had to do some quick bench racing here... well just because I like to Google.

Car should be right around 3450lbs. figuring super conservative 20% drivetrain loss in 465HP pump mode = ~575 crank HP. Power to weight ratio of 6lbs/HP.... with the race gas 4.8lbs/HP

Hmm let's see where that puts you...

Vehicle Power Weight Power-to-weight ratio (from Wikipedia)
    Lotus Elise SC 2008 163 kW / 218 bhp 910 kg / 2006 lb 179 W/kg / 9 lb/hp
    Ferrari Testarossa 1984 291 kW / 390 bhp 1506 kg / 3320 lb 193 W/kg / 9 lb/hp
    Artega GT[85] 220 kW / 300 bhp 1100 kg / 2425 lb 200 W/kg / 8 lb/hp
    Lotus Exige GT3 2006[86] 202.1 kW / 271 bhp 980 kg / 2160 lb 206 W/kg / 8 lb/hp
    Chevrolet Corvette C6[87] 321 kW / 430 bhp 1441 kg / 3177 lb 223 W/kg / 7 lb/hp
    Suzuki DL650 V-Strom V-Twin DualSport 650cc 50 kW / 67 bhp 194 kg / 427 lb 258 W/kg / 6.4 lb/hp
    Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06[87] 376 kW / 505 bhp 1421 kg / 3133 lb 265 W/kg / 6 lb/hp
    Porsche 911 GT2 2007 390 kW / 523 bhp 1440 kg / 3200 lb 271 W/kg / 6.1 lb/hp

In the same ballpark as a GT2 on PUMP. Yes we all know about the handling, but the fact is in a straight line and hard launch eddie's station wagon would probably get the holeshot on a new Z06. THAT IS JUST STUPID.

I love sleepers- always have. Congrats to Eddie and congrats to all the vendors here who helped him. Nice to see everybody working together to a fantastic result.

P.S. The tranny held because of the Extra-S you got from me. LOL. I want to be on this bandwagon. PLEASE?

46. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

is there a diff in q16 and other race gas? I can get C16 here locally.

47. slowwrx

On Racegas, Eddies wagon will run all over a C6 Z06 probably up to about 160 where I suspect the Z would start pulling it back in

48. slowwrx

C16 is about the same, if they can get C16 they can get Q16 though...and Q is better for sure.

49. integroid

Q is better from everything I have read and everything I have been told by numerous tuners from all worlds. My friend at APR sai there was another race fuel that was better but this is what Doug had at the shop so that is what I bought.

50. integroid

I have to agree 100%. All of the vendors that helped me I have tremendous respect for. All of them were innovative in their own ways and always upfront with me.

Actually that tranny fluid has been long gone out of my tranny:) The fluid in there now came from King.