iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by FTZ, Jun 8, 2010.

1. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Same as canceling any other line under contract. Should be $175.

2. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

reduced by $5 every month, right?

3. Trey

Trey Active Member

All the carriers upped their ETF this year....

From AT&T: ....after June 1, 2010, the Early Termination Fee will be $325 minus $10 for each full month of your Service Commitment that you complete.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/legal/return-policy.jsp

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  4. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I believe (at least for Verizon), Smartphones ETF's are in the mid $300's and dumbphones are the normal crazy $175...

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

$350 for smartphones.

you do realize why they did that? Not agreeing with their thought process, but yeah.

6. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Enlighten us why?

7. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

they did it when all their blackberries were buy one get one free. then they started doing the droids bogo. people would buy one, get the second free and then cancel the 2nd line, pay the $175 and then turn around and sell the "unused" phone on ebay or craigslist for $300+.

so, they changed the ETF for 'advanced' devices to deter people from doing that. Then at&t followed.

8. WJM

WJM Banned

To keep people from getting high $ phones for FREE or cheap and then dumping the plan, selling the phones for MASSIVE profit and running.

DUH.

9. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

The upcoming Samsung Galaxy is supposed to address this. Should be on AT&T as well...

10. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

I tired one in the sun at Road Atlanta last weekend and it was awful in the sun compared to my iPhone, and the owner of the phone agreed. I guess everyone's opinions may vary but in bright sun it sucked for me.

11. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

AT&T's motivation is probably also driven by an upcoming iPhone on Verizon's network. They are trying to make switching costs unbearable for existing customers, in hopes of retaining more of them.

12. Trey

Trey Active Member

I predict a mass exodus from AT&T when the iPhone lands at another carrier.

13. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

You realize that verizon already does this, right? Its only logical. Why give away devices that can be sold for Much more than purchased for.

At&t isnt doing anything different. They have a verified contract with Apple until 2012.

14. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

im either getting the 4g or the evo 4gs

15. Trey

Trey Active Member

You do understand that an iPhone 4g (4th generation) is only using the 3G data network from AT&T?

The EVO 4G is using the Sprint/ Clear WiMax data network in select cities (Atlanta included).

It's obvious, I know, but some people are probably getting confused with 4g and 4G.

16. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

I almost ordered the phone until I was dumbstruck and realized its iphone 4, not 4g lol. will see the actual prodct and then make a decision.

which look better, black or white? Not sure if the surface is a piano black finish similar to the PS3, i hate finger prints and smudges. If black is matte and no prints, then it is a seller, or else I will have to be forced to get a white one. And no i do not use cases.

17. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

i am aware thats its 4th gen and not wimax. im just excited about the 720p recording and video calling. and i realize that all new phones will offer it but i love my current iphone and would like to keep it relatively the same. And i have heard the evo 4g has button response problems.

18. MattBallRules

MattBallRules Member

I'll probably end up with one, they look neat.

19. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

No button response problems with the EVO we have.

Funny how the "new" 4g Iphone is not coming out as the best cell phone on the market. I think the days of the Iphone dominating the market is going bye bye

20. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

Finally got through their servers last night. Preorder locked and loaded! :)

21. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Enjoy your obsolete phone:) Kind of like buying a dynojet, no?

22. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

Haha...hardly. :). Interface is everything.

23. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

How do you determine the "Best Cellphone on the Market".

All the companies are still trying to kill the iPhone and they haven't yet. Best on the Market is a completely subjective term and means absolutely nothing.

24. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Not to start too much of a debate, but in what way's is it not the "best"? Lack of Wimax? That's not much of a loss in most parts of the country (or even many parts of Atlanta). I agree that the Iphone isn't heads and shoulders above the rest of the crop of smart phones out there, but it has several features which make it arguable that the hardware is top of the line for now...the screen, the gyroscope, the new processor, etc. I hope that Android keeps putting out impressive hardware and ups it's interface game quite a bit, that way I will have choices when my current plan is up...

25. heathbar

heathbar Member

I'm going to get an EVO 4G today after work. (I was on the waiting list.) :)