ITS ALIVE!!!!Twin Turbo EJ20R install in a USDM LHD 93 impreza!!now running!!

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Impreza_RSK, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Dude you are proving more and more that you just don't know what you are talking about. Your reaction time has jack squat to do with you time and trap speeds at the drag strip. You can sit still at the light after the green and the timer won't start until you cross that first sensor.

Get you some 'REAL' tires and I promise you it'll bog :rofl:. You must be running on All Seasons that have virtually ZERO grip.

2. Impreza_RSK

Impreza_RSK Member

I am running Falken ZIEX ZE512 in 195/50/R15 temp A trac A and 420 treadwear on all the wheels, they may not be top of the line but hey when you have limited funds, and yes the are directional.

There are two lights at the startline one is to line up the second is to count the reaction time but when the light turns green your run starts.
    I have race a CRX with a 1.5 jdm motor with 125HP and wheight reduction, and a Swift GTI/w a 1.3 twin cam"all factory with no weight reduction" with 100hp at commerce. I hade a better reaction time in the CRX but a better 1/4 mile time in the swift swift 18sec/CRX 18.7sec. so displacement and horsepower don't make a car fast.

I have already proven that.
    Tourqe gets you there
    Horsepower keeps you there
    Read up on the Tesla Roadster "248HP over 200ftlbs tourqe 0-60 in 4 sec top speed limited at 125 in 8 seconds" but I dont know any 1/4 mile times yet.

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  3. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I am running the same tires. They are all seasons

4. Impreza_RSK

Impreza_RSK Member

If they are directional and they have trac higher than B and require 51 psi they are performance tires. I worked for 2 years at Kauffman Tire" they where cutting back". I had a 2 month traning course to be trained in tire knowledge. I am not Gulable I know my tires I can even tell you what year your tires where manufactuerd in.

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  5. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

i just had to chime in for a second here. yes EVERYONE else is right you can sit at the light for as long as you want it only starts counting once you start moving. ive had a 2 second reaction time and still ran a 13.3 and trust me i didn't have an 11 sec car. you have all season performance tires on you car. call them what you want. also you can tell what year your tires are because there was a 20/20 special on it this weekend (my girlfreind had control of the remote so i had to watch.) anywho sweet car and i hope you have fun with it. sounds like its going to be a blast.

6. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

you know, its one thing to be skeptical...

7. Impreza_RSK

Impreza_RSK Member

well they did tell me I couldn't put a EJ20R twin turbo Boxer in my impreza. Not WRX Atlanta! but NASIOC and other subaru forums. I didn't reveil it here till I was within reach of being done.

8. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

which transmission are you using?

9. Impreza_RSK

Impreza_RSK Member

TY752VBCAA "5spd" It came with the engine and the rest of the parts its got a 50/50 front/rear tourqe split.

10. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

shit, I always wondered what those lights were for.

power/weight ratio is what makes a car "fast". unless it's the new GT-R. not sure how that heavy pig can smoke everything... (probably all the electronic gizmos)

11. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

You didn't know?! The GT-R badge is aerodynamically designed to make whatever car its put on unstoppable!

12. Impreza_RSK

Impreza_RSK Member

There is actually a vid on youtube of a GTR Skyline getting smoked by a Legacy GTB. so the GRT isn't all its cracked up to be.

13. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

It's the GT thing. GTR, GTB, GTQ

14. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Mann people amaze me more and more every day.

15. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

uh, both stock? nonsense.

16. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

thats why have two!!!

17. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

This thread is getting great!!

[​IMG]

18. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

gtr is ALL its cracked up to be.

19. Impreza_RSK

Impreza_RSK Member

I think I might possibly need a new ECU 1 out of about 15 starts it wont want to start so I tapped on the ECU and sure enough it fired right up so possibly bad solder joints on the board. I will have a look at it this week.

20. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

More and more I'm realizing that the reason this swap isn't done often is because this motor is a pile of shit. I hear it from everyone. Why have two turbos if they don't function as well as a single setup? I just don't get it. Also, it is true that your uninformed statements about your car's capabilities and your "I rule your face I can run 11s" attitude make you look like a tool. I've never met you...so maybe you're not...but you sound like one.

Good job with the swap, but like people have said....it's unique but not for the reasons you're pushing.

21. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Get off his back everyone. Try and stay friendly and supportive. I dont want to have to lock this but it's his journal thread and loaded with a bunch of BS posts and stupid whoring.

I feel like I'm in the same boat as you with your turbo setup, my twin-scroll setup is great for instaboost, as I'm sure your TT setup also is, but its going to be stupidly expensive to upgrade to anything that will make reasonable power without just going with a large rotated mount single-turbo. You honestly never see huge HP out of any TT cars, all the high-HP Supras, RX-7s, Zs, etc all swap over to one big turbo and suck up the lag on the bottom end to get a better overall powerband regarding mid-to-upper rev range.

And for the record there's also vids of stock ver7 STis outdragging R34 GT-Rs stock for stock on youtube.

22. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

Time for some massive post deletez

23. GTscoob

Yep, once I get back to my fast internet connection at my house and not this BS at the hotel in Indianapolis.

24. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I thought he meant the new GT-R. it's kind of confusing now with the naming. nothing subaru makes (production) will hang with that electronic monster

25. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

It's like a transformer.

26. Impreza_RSK

Impreza_RSK Member

If I cant figure out whats wrong with the ECU I am going to call JHOT and see if they cant send me another one, but for right now I am going to drive it and every once and a while tap the ecu with my trusty Inova LED tac light.

27. Impreza_RSK

Impreza_RSK Member

Its does not matter about the 1/4 mile time or the HP to me I like it the way it is. My two friends and I are the first to complete this swap in a Left hand Drive GF/GC Impreza. Thats all. if I want to get more HP than what it already has I will just upgrade the secondary turbo and leave the primary alone for the low RPM boost.

28. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Did you get it tuned yet? Scott may be able to work out the bugs. It would be a lot better than testing your luck with a new ecu

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  29. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I dunno if he will be able to tune it. Is there anything that will talk to that JDM ECU?

30. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

doubtful. nothing that we would have readily available over here anyway. last car I saw with this type setup had a mine's tuned ECU, but it was all done in house by them.

31. GTscoob

Any pics of the turbos on it? Twin VF39s would be nice if you could work it and run them in a biturbo configuration.

32. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

No point in upgrading the turbos unless he has a means of tuning it.....

33. Impreza_RSK

Impreza_RSK Member

setting it up in a biturbo configuration would be easy , but primary is a VF25 and secondary is a VF27. Also If i could set it up in a biturbo setup with two VF27 so there wouldnt be that much turbo lag.but finding the turbos that are identecal but reversed would be the tough part.

But the only problem I have right now is a 5K RPM spuder/misfire??? I changed the fuel filter today thinking it might have been lack of fuel, no luck though.
    Still leaning on ECU problem.

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  34. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Fuel Pump maybe? I know before I put my walbro in my car spuddered a little when the fans kicked in. I think was do to running an OTS map for stage 2 and running a bigger intercooler because that's when I noticed it.

35. Impreza_RSK

Impreza_RSK Member

hmm I will check out the fule pressure.

36. Impreza_RSK

Impreza_RSK Member

I think I found the Culprit on the spitting and spuddering I think I might have one or more failing coils I know two for sure have missing clips to hold the connectors on and new ones from Autozone cost $110 each and I would like to replace all of them but dont have that much money right now so I am trying to fine some slightly used ones from someone who upgraded from stock to performance.

GTscoob: on page two of the journal there is a ok pic of the turbo, not close ups but they are visable.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  37. GTscoob

I'd try PMing slowwrx or liquidforce, they each tend to have a lot of spare parts around for these motors.

38. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

and no one knows why :rofl:

39. Impreza_RSK

Impreza_RSK Member

I havnt zeroed in on the exact culprit yet but It is a sensor throwing the ecu in to limp mode

40. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

You do know that the JDM ECU requires a different fuel that isn't offered in the US if you are trying to run off a stock ECU? Our 93 octane isn't the same as the JDM 98 ROM gas (or whatever it's called).

41. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

RON. 98 RON is around 94-95 R+M/2 (our method)

42. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

Well, I know what throws me into limp mode, might not be the same as your ECU, but you never know.

43. Impreza_RSK

Impreza_RSK Member

I am getting a code 21 and code 31 and one of which I have replaced which is the TPS and the other is the coolant temp snsor which i will be replacing this week they both operate off of the same 5V supply
    and I am thinking if one is malfuctioning it might cause the other to apear to malfuction and throw the ecu in to limp mode, Maybe??:dunno

44. Impreza_RSK

Impreza_RSK Member

well other than the codes I have got a set of WRX pedals for the twin turbo and I will be putin the 18" wheels back on when I get the new soles for them, the WRX pedals are for the cable to hydraulic clutch
    setup. and that will be going in this weekend.

45. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

What were the 18s?

46. Impreza_RSK

Impreza_RSK Member

Primemax inexpisive but they look pretty good for what they are.
    I got pics of them on my cardomain site.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  47. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

link to dat.

48. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

yawn wake me up when this fucking thing drives down the road*

*drunk postin

49. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

lol, im drunk tooand have 2 asian chicks passed out in my bed and cant sleep.. what d I do?

50. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

why aren't you nailing that poon