javid's dAng ol STi

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by javid, Mar 24, 2006.

1. javid

javid Member

aka the 6GunRacing Time Trial car.

We have a good bit of images and such on the web site www.6gunracing.com but I will add some here for your veiwing pleasure.

Use: HPDEs and Time Trials
    Why: To further develope myself as a driver, performance engineer, and race team owner.

Whats been done?
    -Lots of suspension work.

Including custom JICs, Whiteline bars, Cusco rear plates, poltec links, bushings by whiteline and superpro, a trackmonkey 05 STi hub conversion kit, Carbotech XP Pads, custom brake ducts.

-Tires vary depending on the events and tracks we run, but I've run a couple sets of RE070s, some Kumho MXs (mostly the street), RA-1s, Kumho 710s, Falken Azenis, and shortly some Advan Neovas will get thrown on the 5Zigen FN01R-Cs.

-Wheels:
    Street: stockers
    Wet: 17x9 ET35 FN01R-C
    Dry: 17x10 ET35 FN01R-C

-Power
    Doug at TopSpeed tuned the ECUtek to 310whp/340wtq on pump gas and an thrilling 340whp/410wtq on race gas with just a TBE on the car.

-Exterior/interior
    WRX interior with Sparco EVO L drivers set and 283 steering wheel. I sold the Sparco harness bar and loaned the I/O components camera mount to my teammate Tom Hoppe for use in his T2 car. We'll rig a custom mount for the incar using the passenger seat head rest mounts. Outside, the front bumper and fenders (+1") were replace with chargespeed goodies. The rear fenders were rolled and stretch to fit the 275 r-compounds

Whats going on right now?
    -Lots of engine work.

By early next week the Deadbolt SZ60 will be on the car; breathing through a 3" inlet, cooled by a large FMIC and TopSpeed Meth injection kit, and controlled by an AVC-R, a Tial 44mm EWG, and Tial 50mm BOV.

The engine is currently cooled with a PWR radiator and a custom 12 row oil cooler was just mounted up.

For practice we will run low boost but for competition Doug will be tuning the ECUTek to take advantage of the SZ60's higher boost limits.

The 2006 season should answer how much HP the STi block can pump with proper tuning.

Our efforts with the time trial car, including the 2006 1 Lap contest wouldn't be possible with out the help of Deadbolt, TopSpeed, 5Zigen, and Carbotech.

Fear teh Monkey!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2006
  2. javid

javid Member

testing images....Looks like their workin.

Got lift?

[​IMG]

I <3 TopSpeed

[​IMG]

Me (on left) and my good buddie and co-driver for 1 Lap, Tom Lyman

[​IMG]

Playing with the big boys at VIR full course.

[​IMG]

Only pretty boys wash their cars at the track lol

[​IMG]

If Doug did this with a tiny VF39:

[​IMG]

I wonder what he can do with the SZ60.... :devil:

Stay tuned for pics with the car stickered up....

Javid
    ~fear teh Monkey!

Last edited: May 3, 2006
  3. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

freakin sweet car man!

4. Brian

Brian Active Member

That car is mighty flat for lifting the inside front. I've got to get a ride sometime... When are you going to come out to a g2g?

5. javid

javid Member

I am leaving town on business for about 3 weeks. Hopefully when I get back the car will be ready to rock n roll for a 3 day trip to

Putnam Park, In on Friday
    TimeTrial at Autobahn Country Club, Illinois on Sat and
    Road America, Wis on Sun.

Brian, I'll give ya a ride after I'm back in town.

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Nice journal :)

7. Trey

Trey Active Member

The hat is friggen PIMP! :D

Good luck this year my friend.

8. javid

javid Member

Thanks guys.

Zain and I worked a little more on the car yeterday. THe clutch and fuel pump have been in for couple weeks and are working fine. The front bumper is trimmed for the FMIC. So far he's got 1/2 of the manifold ported / TGV deleted and the injectors are in. The meth is done except needing to tap the FMIC pipe. The AVC-R is hooked up but not tuned. I pulled the drivers side brake ducts from the bumper and I got the oil cooler mounted and ran the lines. I'll have to rework the drivers side brake duct once the pipes are run...

The turbo, uppipe and down pipe are pulled and Doug will be welding the EWG and BOV next.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2006
  9. Alex

Aww, so you are no longer running 2x the interfooler power?

10. javid

javid Member

Yep no dual cooler powar lol....

For a breif moment the TM, FM, and Oil cooler core were all on the car at once. The unused cores and stickers increase whp to elentybillion.... I'm surprised the clutch held.

11. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i want eleventy billion hp :(

12. javid

javid Member

buy a supra ;)

13. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

That ish looked like a lot of fun mang. Good times.

14. javid

javid Member

15. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

congrats again on the nice new turbo set up :bigthumb:

16. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I didnt know you were going to the One Lap this year. Best of luck there!

17. javid

javid Member

Actually those plans have been changed... we're going to do some other time trials instead. I was disappointed to bail but it was the best move overall.

18. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

scared of the SRT-4 1lap guys?

--
    Brian

19. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Congrats on that killer STi, Javid...

Mark

20. javid

javid Member

New pics with stickers from my very appreciated sponsors!

Action

[​IMG]

Resting

[​IMG]

da power

[​IMG]

21. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

pure secks!!

Great looking car.

22. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

very sexy set-up!!!!

23. Bolderer

Bolderer Member

!bueno! I want MY engine bay to look like that (and produce). Looks F'ing great.

24. Alex

Using the 6gun ducts that are about to be released? Also, are you running the ball joint adapters? If so, thoughts?

To confirm, you rolled 1/4" and pulled 1". Did you experience any sort of crackingin the paint? Did marty do a bat and roll technique or machine?

25. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

I believe he had to repaint it. I talked with him a bit bout trying to do the same to my fenders.

26. javid

javid Member

Rolled ~1/4" and then pulled about 1" at top center of the fender. As he moved down the fender he pulled / bended less and smoothly transitioned it back to the stock line / form. He used a frame puller with a ~3 to 4" wide "claw". The paint did chip / crack some what but I was prepared to paint. Call him up, it shouldn't be too much...

27. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Very nice car man!!!!

28. mamock116

mamock116 New Member

that STI looks sick man!