Krhyme's 71 Opel GT (Ineca)

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by KrhymeFox, Jun 21, 2014.

1. KrhymeFox

KrhymeFox Member

I wanted to copy this over because I met a couple guys at my work tonight (in beautiful WRXs I might add) and was telling them about my GT. They wanted to see pictures but the data on my new phone doesn't work. So, here it is. I might do a full on build thread if people are interested in the progress here. I don't know if I'll go as into depth as I do on the Opel forum unless there is the interest. I only say this because it isn't really a Subie.

I bought this '71 GT in 2006 or so with the intention of getting it running and making it my dream car. I started with the stock motor and manual transmission.
    [​IMG]

I drove it like this for a little while, but eventually a short in the wiring stopped it. I believe it was a 6in length of wire from the starter if I recall correctly. The whole 6in length turned into ash and as soon as I touched it, it fell. That was when I decided it was time to update the wiring and bought a painless wiring kit. It didn't help that the previous owner had jerry rigged the wiring. I am glad that it was just that piece of wire that turned to ash instead of the whole car going up in flames. So I have slowly been taking all of the wiring and carefully replacing it with a huge amount of help from my dad. I will admit that I am not the best with cars and have more questions than answers, but we all have to start somewhere. figure now will be a good time to post where it is now. I was really hoping it'd be done by now, but life tends to have delays of it's own.

Anyway:

How the headlights work
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

High beam:
    [​IMG]
    Spider LED:
    [​IMG]
    Turn signal
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  2. b reel

b reel Active Member

cool little car, saw one at Dobbins ARB this past Monday

3. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Awesome car!

4. Cool car! Especially digging the headlight movement

5. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

That's a cool car you don't see often. Really digging the headlight deal.

6. KrhymeFox

KrhymeFox Member

Thank you all, I really appreciate it. The headlights seem like one of the features that make the car what it is. However, I see a bunch of owners filling them in.

7. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

this was at C&O this morning

[​IMG]

8. KrhymeFox

KrhymeFox Member

Dan(drinkman)'s 1973, very nice. I went to the last one and tried talking to some people but felt out of place so I just went and talked to Dan.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  9. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Only bummer is that its missing a pedal :)