Krhyme's 99 Impreza (Raven)

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by KrhymeFox, May 5, 2014.

1. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Just go to a junk yard and find the seat belt adjuster

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I've never seen the inside of the wing to see how they mount the bolts to the spoiler itself. Epoxy doesn't really seem strong enough to me. Not as strong as bolting it in.

3. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Depends on the epoxy....there are industrial strength epoxy that is stronger than metal itself.

4. KrhymeFox

KrhymeFox Member

Thanks for the info and sorry for the late reply, I was essentially given a spoiler however the front to mounting studs were snapped off almost to the base of the mount and was hoping to fix and install it.

As for the seat belt adjuster I was wanting to get a set for another project and cant find any information on them and going to the junkyard would be a hit or miss affair. I was hoping that someone that had dealership connections would know what a part number might be so I'm not shooting into the dark with my searches.

EDIT: The spoiler has a square style studs that are epoxied into place. I just used a drill bit heat the stud while I was drilling until the glue was hot enough for me to just pull the stud out of the spoiler. should be simple to replace.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  5. KrhymeFox

KrhymeFox Member

been a while, but i figured why not post something in here after spending the weekend working on the car. I took the entire interior(minus the dash and lower dash) out of the car. Seats, belts, headliner, carpet, consoles, etc. for an interior swap. I'm still missing a few pieces, but I believe it looks so much better as it sits now.

A big shout out to Allpro for everything. They're the ones who sold me what I have for it now, and they are amazing guys who do excellent work. I'm so glad I found them on here.
    A before shot, and one that shows the same style door panel that was in the car.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And now some after shots. My cat got in the car and tracked mud everywhere. but overall I'm so excited about the change and hope to get ahold of some "charcoal" dash lowers soon.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]