Late Summer/Fall Dragon meet!

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Matt, Apr 24, 2012.

1. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

I think he was talking about the get together for the picture, not the weekend. He posted up pictures from the weekend a few posts back.

2. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

One more...

[​IMG]

3. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

It was more an issue of not staying the entire weekend, and not knowing the game plan. Maybe I'll just be able to stay the weekend next time instead of just the day trip.

4. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Yeah...sorry about that! We tried to stay as late as possible, but the group got antsy...Maybe next time!

5. bluedestiny

bluedestiny Supporting Member

Great Trip! Thanks for organizing.

6. Matt

7. Matt

Here's some pics from the guys from Philly that decided to ditch the Honda group he came down for and hang with us. Don, Steve, Molly, and Nick? I think...great group of people!

8. Matt

More

9. Matt

...and more!

10. Matt

and a video of him chasing me on the dragon..in the rain :(

[youtube]kF118MLIn4g[/youtube]

11. longfury

longfury Active Member

How was the BRZ up there? I know the handling had to be superb but did you feel the need for more ponies?

12. Matt

It was perfect. I had no issue keeping up with anyone up there, which was great.

13. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

Matt was behind me for a bit on our way to the skyway (i think), from the occasional glances back, the car looked really planted and stable.

14. longfury

longfury Active Member

I remember I could barely stay with you driving your RS and me in my RX8. :squint: You have a lot more courage than I do. ;)

I am still trying to talk myself into a BRZ. It appears to be(I still have not driven one) exactly what I want except for the power output. I still wonder if the driving experience and the handling of the car will sway me to not worry about the relatively low power. If it doesn't sway me, then my STI is probably the last Subaru I will own for awhile(not looking at changing for a few months yet or maybe longer depending on my mood.).

Thanks for your input, Matt. I wish I had driven up but I just could not make it.

15. Matt

driver mod :naughty:

16. longfury

longfury Active Member

Yeah, I am not quite the driver I was before my accident a few years ago. I will not deny a lack of courage. :)

17. lucky13

lucky13 Member

Who's flat gray sti is that? It's gorgeous!!!

18. b reel

b reel Active Member

yeah, not being in a nose heavy plow will have that effect

19. Matt

crazyazn

20. crazyazn

Thanks man! Though I must admit, its just Plastidip, and really hastily sprayed on at that. In person particularly on the hood and roof its really rough.

I honestly can't wait until spring to rip it off and get my shiny car back.

21. lucky13

lucky13 Member

So wait, you plastidipped the whole car? When did u do that? And how many cans did it take? I must see this in person

22. Matt

https://www.dipyourcar.com/home.php

23. crazyazn

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; ThunderBolt Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Sorry for late reply but I went with the link that matt posted.
    I used 3gallons of their gunmetal gray. It goes on decently. Its just if you are very familiar with painting you have to break some rules as it doesn't build up nicely with thin coats.
    Instead a light base coat, then medium heavy coats work better as it will be wet enough to self level. Also the stuff was really sensitive to high humidity which was a problem when I was doing my car.

I think if you take your time you can get it to look really good, I just view it as such a temporary thing for protection over "the look" that I just dumped it on and called it a day.

24. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

If ya'll see my old wrx up there, wave....it now resides in TN.

25. joeyp

joeyp New Member

Anybody plannining on going to the Dragon again soon?