Leh Keen to drive TopSpeed's GT2 in OneLap of America

Discussion in 'Vendor Chat' started by Cicio@TopSpeed, Apr 24, 2010.

1. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

ouch, talk about the unforseen bumps...on track or at the strip? I don't think i've ever seen one break like that and not tear off the some part of the panel

2. That was at Gateway this morning. I will get some more info from Doug and let you guys know what happened...pretty crazy looking break.

3. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Looks like someone slid into a rumble strip or something really hard at just the right angle.

4. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

hmmm I wonder if he is going to part it out I call dibs on the Volks :)

5. P1 both sessions at Gateway! TopSpeed FTW baby!

6. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

What was the time margin in second session?

7. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

uh oh......

They have an extra?

8. They will....don't you worry :D

It wouldn't be OneLap if there wasn't any edge of your seat overnight fixing crusades now would it :)

Don't worry.....if nothing else...we will just beat them with no swaybar! No Biggie ;)

9. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Beat with no swaybar.....that would be epic. LOL.

Now that's competitive sportsmanship.

10. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

LOL...next event is Mid ohio....Leh might be able to beat them there without tires

11. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

thats true matt..leh has been a beast there!

12. Anyone for some mild carnage pictures.

Read what Doug had to say about on the Blog

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. KINGLEH

KINGLEH Member

ok..... so looks like the bar broke at the drag strip. We got about 4 hours of sleep last night and just got lazy on checking out the car this morning. The track was real dirty/dusty and low grip in the 1st session and the car felt real sloppy. We made a shock change but the track conditions were so bad I figured it would be better on the cleaner track in the afternoon...... Anyways. We shoulda checked the suspension out real good after the drag strip but we didn't. So we paid for it a little. But still managed to take 1st in both sessions so I'm happy for that. We will fix the bracket tonite and looking forward to mid ohio. Its one of my fav tracks. And is the only track we run that I have real experience with.

So 'lets get this done' cakefarts style.

Also in the video from today. U can see how sloppy the car is. Even got loose coming out of the banking.. I think that was 130-135mph area.... grabbin 5th. Fuuuun.

14. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Duct Tape and Zip Ties baby!!

15. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

LOL - so you won both events with busted shit? lawl other competitors

16. slowwrx

You know how we do Mid Ohio......WFO

17. In car from the Gateway session is up. Wow its crazy how loose the car was...you can totally see it on the video. How he pulled this one out of his ass I have no idea, but I am sure thankful. Definitely no traction control on this car!!!

TopSpeed GT2 @ Gateway

18. b reel

b reel Active Member

He's fothermucking Leh Keen, that's how! I heard that Nissan secretly sequenced his DNA and used it in the GTR's stability and traction control.

19. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Turning any normal human being into a race car driver instantly.

20. b reel

b reel Active Member

thank you for finishing my thoughts, dear.

21. Ok guys, little update...much to the GT-R's dismay Pepper and crew are at the track and ready to run with BOTH sway bars :D This is what I got from Leh this morning.

Quoted from Leh

Doug just pulld an all nighter. They Fab'd up a new bracket. Bigger. Better. And he took the axle off and gave it a good look through. Re greased and rebuilt the boot. He is the Man... and currently passd out next to me like a baby.

We r headin to mid o now.

I got 3 hours of sleep on tbe shop floor.

22. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

LOL Doug is the freaking MAN! And so is Leh.

Topspeed FTW! Now go get more than a second on that sorry GT-R.

23. techlord

techlord Active Member

So we should be looking at a 10sec spread since he knows this track well? Averaging 5-7sec prior to the sway perch breakage...

24. HA....lets not get ahead of ourselves....I don't like counting chickens :) The car is on the grid now!

25. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Exactly. Why open the spread so hard as long as you are winning!

How many laps do they get per session anyways?

26. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

They get a warmup lap, 3 hot laps, and a cooldown lap IIRC

27. Uh...i'll take 9 seconds :)

Come on Mr. Vette...join in the GT-R whooping...its fun ;)

28. techlord

techlord Active Member

Not trying to get ahead but looking at consistency, now that all is mechanically back to normal does he return to the normal spread plus some experience secs...

Wait Justin (aka Coolrex lol) are you suggesting he wont give his very best because they are waxing all the competition?

29. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I'm sure Leh can get even better times at all the other tracks.....you have to remember those tires have got to last the entire event. Push them but don't push them to the bleeding edge where you are losing all the rubber!

What do I know.....he just may be pushing it as hard as he can.

30. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

hey guys... we just took the morning session by a good bit. But unfortunately they don't award bonus points for time gaps only place. In any event I did what needed to be done and worked through the night going over everything including pulling the rear axle and completely repacking it with grease. I am tired as $h!t and going to go to sleep finally.... cause something about getting 3 hours of sleep in 48 hours is starting to catch up with me.

Take care

31. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Get your rest and keep up the good work!

32. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Wow a 9 second gap! That's seriously making a statement.

33. techlord

techlord Active Member

looks like the consistency is there

34. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

man this is fantastic. Doug good for your for hitting the One Lap hard year after year. Be safe out there buddy

35. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

This has been a fun year to follow one lap even if you guys are just waxing the competition.

36. GOOD job Mr. Vette! Welcome to the TopSpeed side of the GT-R fence :)

37. Thanks for saying so, I'm trying to make it enjoyable for you guys...getting some more pictures and in car soon.

38. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Wait the Vette beat the GT-R in session 2?

39. HELL YEAH!!! I think Leh backed off a little tho...we only won by SIX seconds :banana::banana:

Ha...sorry i'm excited...back to your regularly scheduled, reserved Cicio

40. KINGLEH

KINGLEH Member

One word about today.

WFO!

41. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

LOL I was trying to figure that acronym out.

42. Here are the standings as of right now after Mid Ohio.

You guys should go up to the blog and check out the times........its funny :)

[​IMG]

43. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

That is embarrasing.....I notced no one else posted the times they got spanked by.

44. slowwrx

something something....fuck a gtr....something something

45. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

No points for second place..... Lol

46. We are on the track right now...gridded up at NJ Motorsports Park.

I am sorry Doug STILL hasn't gotten me video or pictures from yesterday...I promise i'm not just keeping them all to myself :)

Here is what Leh sent me yesterday.

Today was great. We beat the gtr by 9 seconds in both events. And the vette snuk infront of him in the 2nd session.

The car really liked mid o. And we really have been making progress with the setup. With a swaybar is fantastic to drive.

We did a 1:32 on the pro course!. (No chicane)

-Leh

47. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I'm sure Doug and Leh both wanted to do some much needed catching up on some ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ's after the ~9 hr driver from Mid O to NJ.

48. Yeah...no excuses....they have wifi on the road ;)

Seriously though...I do think they needed rest...and they just might have had too meet a journalist on the way.

49. First round went really well. Car is looking and feeling great. Doug said that Leh has never been on this track before yet we still took them by about 4 seconds. :D