Leh Keen to drive TopSpeed's GT2 in OneLap of America

Discussion in 'Vendor Chat' started by Cicio@TopSpeed, Apr 24, 2010.

1. lukerussell

lukerussell New Member

i've been trying to register for wrxatlanta for about 5 years now, finally worked. yay.

doug and leh make a mean combo. like a upsized monster truck burger combo from hardees. i guess a freakin gt2 helps a bit too.

somebody mentioned a civic. motortrend said the eg hatch had a b16 and it's twin charged. looks pretty trick. they claim 300hp. the hollis old civic supposedly has an n/a k20. the mazda5 minivan has a complete swap from a mazdaspeed3. good times. oh yea, the old e30 bmw has a monster turbod 2.8L somewhere close to 500hp (you would think the guy would know exactly?). anyway, those are a few of my favorite "field" cars.

good luck guys.

luke

2. TopSpeed > ZR1 by 3+ seconds..... ZR1 > GT-R .7 Seconds

:D

Has anyone looked at this track??? It amazes me how the GT2 and Leh are so versitle running everything from wide open tracks, to tight bumpy ones. I'm very proud of my team to say the least!

One more for a TOTAL ROAD COURSE SWEEP....Pray the rain stays away and the boys pull it out.

3. :bowdown::bowdown: Luke you and Lucy were a pretty ruthless team as well. It would be really fun to watch Pepper and Lucy on a track together. Too bad she got sold.

4. lukerussell

lukerussell New Member

the weather sites say rain starting at 10. what would really suck is one of those rains for the first group of cars then dries for the 60 cars behind. one year that happened and i think a ford f-150 took overall. hahahahha.

but looks like rain will pick up through the day.

back to you cicio.

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

YES.

stop being a giant twunt and act like an adult.

6. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Well here's what weather.com says.....

Rain showers ending around 11am. Mostly cloudy with temperatures warming into the mid to upper 60s. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

7. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

No...eat a dick

8. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I can feel the love in here....

9. Although the hostility gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside this is one thread I would really hate to have closed :)

I can start another thread if you like :D

10. Matt

let's see your next account....

11. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

spoken like a true adolescent - lawl

Keep kicking ass, fellas, and Cicio keep the updates coming

12. AHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:rofl::rofl:

[​IMG]

13. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

lol you just told someone to act like an adult and called them a twunt in the same sentence

oh the ironing

[​IMG]

14. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

LOL do they even know that's on there? LOL.

15. Matt

nice red x, kiddo

16. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

it has been branded! lol

17. I don't know coolrex....Doug said its been on there since Tuesday :D

18. Matt

reminds me of when batlground put a banner on giovanni's car at....NOPI?

now THAT'S irony right there.

19. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

don't start with me.

20. Matt

start what?

another project you won't finish?

21. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

No red x for me matt. I see a woman ironing.

22. Hell yeah...swept every road course for the entire event!!!!

Topspeed ftmfw!!!!!

23. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

woot! More info......who placed second and the gap between first and second?

24. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Awesome. Congrats Doug/Leh/Cicio.

How many points are you up on 2nd place now? Can you basically bomb the final event?

25. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

If my calculations are right they have to place 9th or better to win overall assuming the GTR wins the dry skid.

26. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

Very Nice guys....its hard to beat Leh in a Porsche.....You could try a monkey in a GTR though

27. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

When I used to work "in the industry", this was pretty common practice. It was a huge game at every industry event to see how many of your stickers you could put on your competitions products before they noticed.

28. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Cicio you guys check the Porsche well? There may be a Forged sticker on there somewhere....lol.

29. I'm on my phone headed to the airport...sorry for the short replies.

Correction...its hard to beat Leh in a Porsche that's built by TopSpeed.

Not sure on the gap on the second session...but this time the Z06 picked up the GTR beating stick :)

30. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Congrats to Leh and Doug!

Hope you guys do good on the dry skidpad. You should pick up some tire warmers, and put down some smoking Gs.

TopSpeed ftw! Glad to see you guys not just doing Subarus/DSMs/Evos anymore.

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  31. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Skid pad time... and its 45 degree's out. As of right now the rain is holding off... but guess we will have to wait and see. The GTR's been having problems in the cold early mornings getting any heat into the tires in time, so we will see how this really cold weather plays out.

32. Ballzo6

Ballzo6 Member

SKID PAD WIN>>>>>

Just got a text from Doug, they set the highest skid pad numbers ever

33. TopSpeed is now the 2010 OneLap of America CHAMPIONS!!!

Thanks so much for all the support guys!!

34. techlord

techlord Active Member

Congrats on the win!

35. Tracy

Tracy Member

Good job guys. Keep up the good work!

36. Tracy

Tracy Member

It was Import Showdown actually.

37. Jake

Jake Active Member

yay, WTG guys!

38. Davidwrx

Davidwrx Member

Congrats guys. Very impressive!

39. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

40. KINGLEH

KINGLEH Member

41. Today was honestly an absolute nail biter. We woke up this morning to rain, wind and cold! Obviously less than optimal circumstances for a DRY skid pad day. All throughout the morning the rain threatened and the wind blew. 46 degrees was the high for the day, so tire temps were down and the track was slippery.

This was the first event that instead of the fast cars going first we went last, so we were literally the last car to run. As the faster cars started running the track was getting faster, but the sky was not looking good. I was pacing like crazy with Doug as if there was something we could do to hurry the event along. If all the cars were to run in the dry and then it was to start raining we would have had a VERY hard time winning the overall points.

We somehow, thank God, were able to fight off the rain as the last few cars ran. The last on the track, Pepper and Leh start around the circle, after the first loop the announcer says “Oh WOW, if he keeps this pace up he will have broken the all time Tire Rack track record” Just a few more times around, Doug and I are chomping at the bit like untamed horses, the car takes the checkered flag as they announce “We have an event winner and have broken the track record holding 1.098g!!!” Needless to say the crowd started cheering and applauding, Doug and I exchanged hugs and high fives, and ran to the car to give the good news to Leh as he drove off the course.

The guys had an absolute blast with this event, and it was such an honor for me to be a small part of history with them. I am so thankful for Leh and Doug! Everyone on the team carried their weight with excellence! Thank You to Brock Yates and all the sponsors for making this wonderful motorsports event possible. We look forward to returning in the coming years to defend our title.

I would like to thank everyone for there support and following us on this great adventure.

~OLOA Team TopSpeed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

42. Ballzo6

Ballzo6 Member

Hey guys....thanks for not sucking

43. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

Topspeed FTW!
    congratulation guys, you deserved it!

44. Thanks guys....Doug and Leh are both snoring :D

Ha I guess they deserve the rest.

Here is the final video if the burnout/drift session celebrating the victory.

TopSpeed GT2 Victory Lap <----- Click Me

45. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Job well done. Congrats to all involved.

46. b reel

b reel Active Member

Glad to see you guys pull this off, this will be an epic tale to talk about for sometime. Congrats to all of the Topspeed team with this win.

47. Thanks so much guys!! Means alot to have a community behind us...trust me we feel the support.

I just videoed Doug and Leh snoring...HA!!

48. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Congrats! And you guys were worried about the skid pad?

49. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

I have really enjoyed following this thread. Awesome work.

50. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

Congratulations guys on the win. Leh didn't put a wheel wrong...model of consistency.