Lets do a Hella Horn Groupbuy

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by JL889, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Trey

Trey Active Member

Yes, I have the horns. They sound awesome, just like a Ferrari. I got mine from Chris. He drives a black late model GTI and does work at the PeachTree City Hella office.

[​IMG]

Why the hate for the horns? I love mine.

2. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

Those horns look pretty bad ass...who's hatin on the horns?..if the price was reasonable i'd definitely be down....

3. Trey

Trey Active Member

They sound bad ass, you pretty much won't see them when mounted behind the bumper.

I just saw the others saying they didn't like them for some reason. Just curious to know why. :)

4. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

We can do the Hella Supertone Horn Kit 85115 in quantities of 10+ for $55.00, free shipping & handling. All horns must be ordered at the same time and shipped to the same location. We have them in stock and ready to ship out. Just let me know by email or give us a call to order at 913-768-4237. Thanks

Rob Howard
    G-Force Autosports

The other shop called me back and said if I order 18+ sets I can get them for $50 shipped. I am still seeing about Hella warehouse from GTscoob

Right now this is the best I can do. I will let GTscoob check out his deal. I am still waiting on another shop to get back to me. These are the Supertone horns which are the round things that are red made in Germany. This price is for 2 of them. If you have any questions please let me know!-Joe

Last edited: Aug 8, 2005
  5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

let us know when the other shop gets back to u

6. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

This is all for the HL85115 first mentioned and not the HL85103 that trey listed pictures of right? I would have a hard time finding space for those horns. I might be in but i'll have to paypal some one to ship me my set as I think i'll be back at school by the time this goes through.

7. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

Trey, I just don't like the airhorn look, I was picturing them being mounted in the grill like the supertones... want the bigrig sound but not necesarily the look

8. Trey

Trey Active Member

Oh. Makes sense.

I have my dual horns mounted under the battery, behind the JDM fog lights. It has pleanty of room to hide them on that side. :D

9. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

Lots of ATL drives piss me off these days... Let's do this group buy asap!! I'm willing to accept $55/set. I think the lowest price that i got was around $60 shipped to my door.

10. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

so which one is this buy going to be? the air horns or the supertones? Bobby, any news from your end?

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I'm holding out for supertones.

12. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

supertones here too

13. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Supertones and a better price please.

14. SwampLandRex

SwampLandRex Member

would like super tones here too

15. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Any word back from the other vendors a few folks were checking with?

16. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

17. rolling_trip

holy shit, can u say"Get the f%$k out of my way!"

Last edited: Aug 10, 2005
  18. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Yes you can! HAHA!

19. Trey

Trey Active Member

Maybe it's the video but that sounded like an amplified Civic horn to me. lol

20. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

I am down with 55 all day

21. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

I think I am going to go ahead and order 10@$55. Do I have atleast 9 other people that will buy them? Please let me know Thanks!-Joe

22. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

I'm sure its the video. It has to be hard to capture that level of sound with a basic video camera.

23. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

If u guys sign up for ING direct they'll give u $25 to sign up, If i send you a invite i'll get to. So Basically you get $35 for like 20 minutes of ur time. I'll cut you guys $10 bucks off each if you sign up ING with my invite. Hows about that $45 and then you'll have $25 in your ING account ready to draw out. All you need to deposit is $5 dollar min. Hows about that guys?

24. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i hate to do this but i need to drop out of this group buy... just bought injectors and really need to get the new turbo in soon

25. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

My dad should be in too. You can ship/drop off here to him in atlanta and he can ship to me in ohio. :)

26. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Any more movement on this?

27. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

So no one else. I can't buy 10 until I have 10 people confirm that they want them.

28. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

They look like this...

[​IMG]

29. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

those look really sweet!!!...are they pretty easy to install?....i might be in...when do i need to pay?

30. BelvnAWD

If you're still interested post back up and we will add you to the list in the first post!!

31. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

They are very simple to install, you h/o one sec i gotta find a link to the online instructions i used....

32. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

33. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

add me in. Too many scaring drivers on the road

34. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

All right, I'm in...

35. BelvnAWD

Come on guys 6 more people for a great safety (and fun) upgrade!!!

36. Trey

Trey Active Member

Hey, here is the guy that works for Hella in Peachtree City.

Tell him you got his info off VWVortex:

Chris Hatzo chatzo@comcast.net

37. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Sweet, hopefully we can get some cheaper price. I am definately in for 1 set for Mere's car. I love the set that I put on my car.

Anyone consider putting 2 sets on the sti? I saw a couple of cars on Nasoic with the quad hella setup, + retaining the stock 2 horns.

--
    Brian

38. bambooi

bambooi Member

how much is it

39. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

how many do we have at this point?

40. BelvnAWD

Mr. Coffee are you in?

41. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

how many do we have at this point

42. BelvnAWD

You would make number 6...

43. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

is anyone who has these already on...going to the mountain run...i want to hear these bad boys in person!!!

44. AthensWRX

AthensWRX Member

i'm in if we get that deal! you guys can hear me honk from athens!

45. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Im in, price depending.

46. rolling_trip

i'll take a set @ $55

47. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

I am in as well as my dad for a set so 2 sets total.

48. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

awesome! I need them asap. Today, i had TWO driver who almost killed me and didn't even say sorry. WTF??

49. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

That install write up is nice. Good one

50. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Do we have a set price on this yet?