Liltoua's Little Black Beast

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by liltoua, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Did I see you riding around today around Buford hwy

2. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

wtf. now i dont think i can go

3. liltoua

liltoua Member

Very possible. What color is your car?

4. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Blue wagon, gold wheels

5. liltoua

liltoua Member

Yep I think I saw you for a brief second. That was probably me LOL. My car is not hard to spot

6. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

I had the same issue on my WRX with the IACV. I cleaned it twice and it only worked for a day. Bought a used one and had zero issues since. Just find a used one on Nasioc.

7. liltoua

liltoua Member

Yea it might come down to that, or I'm sure AllPro has MANY laying around LOL

8. liltoua

liltoua Member

Update:

So TopSpeed pushed back my tune AGAIN (-_-). There so busy with GTR's and Porches that Subaru's get no more love. It's scheduled again for Next Friday the 17th at 1:00pm...HOPEFULLY.

I bite the bullet and bout a new IACV and yea....didn't fix my issue(WTF). I think the issue now is that my Neutral safety switch isn't wired up and just found out that it gives signal to the ECU which runs parallel with the IACV on MT. So I gotta wire that up and see if it fixes my idle and IACV code I'm throwing.

I heard unusual noise from under the car, thought it was just being a Subaru, but I found this....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've got a little leak in the flex pipe. I've contacted the vendor I bought it from and hopefully they can get that sorted out before my tune next Friday.

Met up with a good friend of mines thats been waiting for 2 years for my car to be finished so he could take some pictures. The car isn't finish, but it's presentable lol. Here's just a improv shoot he did when we met up.

You can check him out here

JamesGHPPhoto

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  9. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Looking good man......except for that heinous gigantic scoop. Just my opinion.

10. liltoua

liltoua Member

Yea I'm not feeling it either, but I have a TMIC and I want more air flow into it. It's more function than anything else. I will eventually go FMIC and get rid of the scoop altogether, but for now I want to keep it because the opening is twice as big as the stock one.

11. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

It's been proven that the bigger scoop really doesn't make a huge difference. Why you think the newer ones are small....look at the hawkeyes.

12. liltoua

liltoua Member

Hmmm interesting. Well I got the hoodscoop through a trade so I paid nothing for it. I might as well use it for now lol. If anything it's 6 bolts and I can swap back to the stock =). I should log some heat temperatures and see if it makes a difference. But you do bring up a good point.

13. Jake

Jake Active Member

no hood scoops make a difference if the shroud underneath hasn't been modified to let in more air and there is a good seal between the hood and intercooler. otherwise, the air doesnt get in and what air does hits the top of the intercooler and bounces off

14. plucky

plucky Member

Love the build. Always wanted to do a 2.5RS with a STi swap making it as close to a 22B. Love the GC8s.
    Had a black 02 WRX with anthracite P1s, too bad you had to swap out the rims, the wider tires look better though :).

Oh yea front mount with reverse scoop or vents will be killer.

15. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

STi swap is nothing near a 22B.

16. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Car looks great man, reallly sick in person...what a great job.

17. liltoua

liltoua Member

Thanks! Thanks for the service! You guys are awesome

18. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

i was looking for it yesterday when i drove by your house

19. liltoua

liltoua Member

Thanks to Doug Wilks and TopSpeed for the tune this past Saturday. I had what seemed like electrical issues on the dyno so I didn't see the numbers that I was expecting with this turbo. There was also what sounded like a leak coming from the bay that I need to figure out as well. Taking small steps now, but overall I'm happy for now.

I'm getting some crazy whining noises from the car on acceleration now and a ticking noise from what sounds like under the steering wheel that I need to figure out. I hope it's not a ticking time bomb from my transmission. I'll post up my sheet later.

[​IMG]

20. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

What was the electrical issue?

That car looks really nice man! What were your numbers?

21. liltoua

liltoua Member

Doug said it could be some grounding issues. I have to double check all my grounding to make sure they have good contact. He also said that my fuel was consistent and then all of a sudden falls off.

I remember when we were doing the swap we couldn't get fuel to pump because we didn't have a current running to the injectors. We could have potentially tapped the injectors to a wrong wire.

22. liltoua

liltoua Member

Just a quick picture I took. Nothing special, keeping this thread running...hopefully I will get a 6 spd soon, who knows...

[​IMG]

23. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

niice, i love the stance of the car. Jealous of all you wide tire ppl!

24. ballistic

ballistic Member

Lookin good. Seen you around lilburn a couple times I believe. Always inspires me to finish mine

25. liltoua

liltoua Member

Yep that's probably me...unless there is another flared GC around I don't know about in the area at least

26. techlord

techlord Active Member

shit dude, I guess I haven't been back in a while to visit your thread...our cars are almost twins on the outside.

who did the flares and is that new paint?

27. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

Awesome pic. That looks like a beast from behind

28. liltoua

liltoua Member

HAHA yea we are like twins! I did the flares myself with a help of a friend. If I remember correctly and Sanders did you flares...they look ALOT better than mines. I remember seeing Sanders and that shit was legit lol. Mines was going all good until we welded the quarter panel and the panel decided that it couldn't handle the heat and dented inward.

I still need to put on my side skirts and paint the whole thing. Right now my priorities lie in a 6 spd swap right now, which I need to get in contact with you and talk to you about since you have one already =).

29. techlord

techlord Active Member

we can do that tonight

30. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Almost...your interior is 100% better.

/sarcasm

31. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

Saw your car yesterday at AllPro, looks great! Any updates?

32. liltoua

liltoua Member

Thanks! Yep here is an update! Thanks to AllPro...Need I say more?

[​IMG]

33. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Wait what? What was wrong with the 5mt and why didn't you buy my 6mt?

34. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Don't worry Koko. Toua just put on a 6 speed shift knob to trick everyone.
    Allpro GAVE him the shift knob for free. Lucky bastard.

35. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

after reading the whole thread last week, I finally got a chance to see the car last night (and drive it:D). Its every bit as nice as I thought it would be!!!

36. Jake

Jake Active Member

fail to see the humor/point in this

37. EJ1210

EJ1210 Member

@liltoua Where do you go to school? I'm almost positive I've seen your car before.

38. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

he graduated but he went to southern poly

39. liltoua

liltoua Member

yes sir! Graduated in December....this is my daily and will stay my daily...so you might see it alot =)

40. EJ1210

EJ1210 Member

Ah that's awesome man. I think you were in my Calc 2 class lol I used to always envy your car.

41. liltoua

liltoua Member

HAHA should have said something to me =). At that time, my car was still N/A and slow LOL

42. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

its still slow:p
    hahaha i kid i kid!

43. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Did you ever figure out your tuning issues (you said perhaps grounding problems)?

44. liltoua

liltoua Member

I'm still trying to figure out my tuning issues. One thing for sure is that my 5spd went out shortly after the tune and possibly on the dyno. I'm just theorizing, but I think my transmission had a role to play in my power loss. Now that the 6 spd is in, it feels ALOT better. People who have driven my car says that it feels faster then what the graph says (247hp). I'm going to do some minor engine mods and check all my groundings and see if I can bump that number up to over 300hp. I know numbers mean nothing, but it will make me sleep better at night HAHA

45. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

LOL Trust me man, your over 3 now. I still feel like there's growing room, but 247 is less than my stg2 cars and uh.... your car vs stg2 is like comparing a Corvette to a Kia. lol

46. EJ1210

EJ1210 Member

@liltoua Haha oh well. Congrats on graduating and wish the best of luck in your job

47. Boxerboy88

Boxerboy88 New Member

Hmm this coupe I actually like.

48. liltoua

liltoua Member

Small update, but I was getting tired of the seats so I traded it for these kinda rare seats. Out with the new, in with the old. Almost like I downgraded HAHA, but these feel so much better and snug.

[​IMG]

49. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

Perfect

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  50. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Any pics of the entire seat installed?