Liltoua's Little Black Beast

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by liltoua, Feb 23, 2011.

1. liltoua

liltoua Member

I actually took some last night, but they didn't come out good, I'll take some proper interior pictures probably tonight.

2. liltoua

liltoua Member

Pictures didn't come out as well as I wanted, but it will do for now.

[​IMG]

3. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Very nice

4. Singsifu

Singsifu Member

nice seats!! were those the ones at batlground?

5. liltoua

liltoua Member

I need to update this thread along with my running thread on RS25 haha. Took this shot last week. I think I'm gonna put it in the paint booth soon. I really really really want to find a JDM aluminum v5/v6 hood, but it's near impossible finding one and I don't want to fork out $600 to the stealership. Gotta get some little exterior pieces and I'm gonna throw it in the booth.

[​IMG]

6. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Man that looks so slick!

7. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

I haven't kept up for a while but is that Rick's (Techlord) old car?

8. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

No its not.

9. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Built from the ground up of a used 2.5RS he found awhile back. Bought after having had his Integra stolen I believe.

10. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

looking awesome as always toua;)

11. liltoua

liltoua Member

Took a picture with a friends newly acquired white limited BRZ (not Matts) ;). Drove it around the block a couple times, this car feels amazing....or maybe it's because I drive a 14 year old car LOL. Regardless the car feels rock solid. I really like the transmission in that thing.

[​IMG]

HELP
    I need some guidance guys. What do you guys think. Should I go STI TMIC + EWG or FMIC + EWG. My car needs a re-tune BADLY and I'm throwing the idea of putting a FMIC in.

12. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

If you are not shooting for more than 350+ hp I'd stay with a good TMIC. It really shows in the lowend driveability of the car.

13. ballistic

ballistic Member

What offset are your wheels? Thats my next step after i decide what hubs to run. Always inspired by your car man!

14. liltoua

liltoua Member

Yea I'm not sure if the STI TMIC is restricting me and I'm scared of heat soaking so well see. I know I'll be making sacrifices either or, but just wondering which set-up would outweigh the other.

haha thanks!! When I was initially doing my flares, I had no idea how wide I could go so I just started off with this to see test fit the gap in the flares. It's sitting on 265 all the way around, and because of my flare set up I'm running an offset stagger. 17x9.75 +25front +5rear. I don't like the idea of running an offset stagger, but I'm eventually gonna get flares with the same offset so I can run a true square set up. This is the third set of different flares I've ran LOL. With these flares...I was +5 all the way around :wiggle:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  15. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Which shark fin antenna is that?

16. liltoua

liltoua Member

I'll have to ask him about that Matt. He did mention it when I was talking to him, but I was to busy drooling over the car LOL. All I know is he got the rear diffuser and from the picture you can see the bigger exhaust tips.

17. Electioneer

Electioneer Member

Car looks good as always dude. Kinda nice comparing the old and the new of the subaru coupes!

18. ballistic

ballistic Member

I gotcha. I want to run 265s as well, only I've got wider fenders. Looks like a trial and error kinda deal.

19. Jake

Jake Active Member

the FRS i looked at out here had the exact same shark fin on the lot. i assume its a factory option, maybe with that pioneer stereo??

20. liltoua

liltoua Member

Which kit are you running? Im sure you can run 265...offset I just dont know lol

21. b reel

b reel Active Member

AIT fenders and quarters

22. techlord

techlord Active Member

ballistic - I posted in your thread not sure if you've seen it but I am running 265's on xxr 18X9.5 +38 with tein flex co's and my rear's are less than 5mm from touching the strut housing. If your strut housing is going to be any larger than the flex's you need to give serious consideration to the offset of the wheels. Perhaps adj lat links but then you run into the axle's popping out. Maybe other ways to get around this that escape me at the moment but something to think about

23. ballistic

ballistic Member

Didn't see it, in my member journal? Good to know though, not 100% on what suspension I'm gonna run. Might just be a stock strut with camber plates.

24. liltoua

liltoua Member

Here was a picture of the car before I left off to NOPI this week. Wasn't to impressed with it. Maybe it was the fact that I paid $25 lol. If it was $10 then I think it would have been worth it, but it was alright I guess.

[​IMG]

25. Electioneer

Electioneer Member

I have to say, I kind of liked the fender flares when they unpainted better.

Still looking good though!

26. Justinmysti

Justinmysti Member

I wanna get some flares for mine when i get coils and bigger rims. looks sick

27. Tank

Tank Member

This car looks like a beast I would like to see this in person. I'll have to keep my eyes open and try to make it to some of the meets.

28. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

when are you puttin on the ewg?!

29. liltoua

liltoua Member

Not sure yet, I gotta figure out why I'm not hitting target boost. After I took my car to the track, I can't seem to get past my wastegate spring. Actually I think after the first race I couldn't get pass 14psi. Until I get that resolved I'm gonna hold off on modding the car any further.

30. W84Spool

W84Spool New Member

Sickkkk Subaru man

31. ballistic

ballistic Member

what are you refering to, the scoop? looks way better than the one on my car.

32. Matt

I'm guessing he's talking about the price of admission to NOPE..I mean NOPI.

33. ballistic

ballistic Member

Ah well then I cant argue with that

34. Tank

Tank Member

Man your car is really nice. I was sitting next to you at the light this morning in traffic. We turned on to Oakbrook PKWY around 8 am. You car has such a nice aggressive sound to it. Very Nice!

I was in the black 08 WRX

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  35. W84Spool

W84Spool New Member

I think you live by my house .. You stay near a CVS ? Nice subie man !

36. Tank

Tank Member

Who liltoua or me? I live in Lawrenceville off of Old Norcross Rd.

37. W84Spool

W84Spool New Member

My bad I for got to specify lol I meant liltoua!

38. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

yes, Toua lives down the street from a CVS

39. liltoua

liltoua Member

^^ That I do. What do you drive? I might have seen you around. I know I see yerrow every once in awhile

Edit: Just saw your info HAHA, do you have a dark gray STI?

40. W84Spool

W84Spool New Member

Yeah lol I I drive a grey STI with black rims . I live like down the street from you lol

41. liltoua

liltoua Member

AHHH okay!! I think I've seen you like once. If you see ever see me outside working on my car stop on by lol. I don't mind company.

42. W84Spool

W84Spool New Member

Yeah that's cool haha I saw you once but I thought you were gonna be like wtf ? Lol but will do man

43. digitizedsoul

digitizedsoul Moderation is a vice Supporting Member

Pretty sure you live in my hood bro hehe check out the sightings subforum.

Also I ordered a CBS 2013 STi sedan with nearly everything you can get on one including SPT exhaust.
    We should have a man-date.

44. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

wait a minute...I live down the road from you guys too.

45. digitizedsoul

i'm in wyntree community off either langford or medlock.
    There is a Thai Star resturaunt across the street from the medlock entrance.

Been dying to meet other car peeps!
    I'm deprived resorting to forums and youtube to "get my car talk out"

46. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I live down Medlock by Norcross HS:) Small World...

47. digitizedsoul

My wife and I just moved into our new house there, it's pretty nice and I've got a killer garage to wrench on the new STI with when it comes in.

I think we all need to arrange a meet & greet between us, maybe fire up the grill and throw back some beers.

48. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

there is also a dinner meet that we do, and it just so happens that it's tomorrow night.

49. digitizedsoul

Oh cool, do tell.
    I can drive the wifes impreza so I don't feel like a traitor in my "to-be-traded" tacoma truck :)

50. Matt