Liltoua's Little Black Beast

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by liltoua, Feb 23, 2011.

1. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

haha sweet, i figured matt would steer you in the right direction. Also, don't worry about the car, I've rolled up in a camry a few times.

2. digitizedsoul

digitizedsoul Moderation is a vice Supporting Member

lol bro-coma, i feel like i'm in a mild-coma when i'm driving that thing that's for sure.

14.7psi can't come soon enough.

I think i'm going to try and make it out to the meet at Cinco if that's cool. Where do you guys sit? I know literally no one. At the bar? Huge table?

3. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

we typically hang out at the parking lot waiting for people to show up, so most likely you'll be able to see us if you show up give or take 20min from 7. Last meet we were up top on their patio, but I'm guessing weather might not allow for that.

4. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

If they get the heaters in working order, we can still sit up there. But I agree, sitting inside might be better.

5. W84Spool

W84Spool New Member

I live in your neighborhood ? Very small world though lol

6. W84Spool

W84Spool New Member

Never been to one .. Might consider going, me and my other friend and his STI . Ill check the thread out for the dinner

7. digitizedsoul

Nah the guy with the 2dr black wrx swap already forgot his handle / nickname.

Edit the original poster of this thread, forgot where I was for a minute?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  8. W84Spool

W84Spool New Member

Ohh okay ! My bad .

9. digitizedsoul

Actually now that I read his entire thread here, it seems all these people that were "Driving past" his house all the time it can't be in my neighborhood.
    No one drives through it that doesn't live there so maybe he was just visiting someone in there.

Either way it got me on here!

10. liltoua

liltoua Member

HAHA my girlfriend lives in that neighborhood!!! What car do you drive? I'm always in that neighborhood...you have probably seen me many of times. Maybe I'll stop by one day and introduce myself personally since I'm in there all the time.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  11. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Wow I live 2 minutes away from you. Lol
    It's too bad I don't drive a Subaru...
    If you keep going straight on Langford towards Buford but don't take the curve to actually get there, you take a right on to Reps Miller Road and my townhome neighborhood is Wingate on the right.

12. digitizedsoul

Nice! I see many barbecue's, brew consumption events and garage time in our future.

Took my wife with me to the biweekly meet last night, she had fun ha. I hope she stays interested!

13. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

14. liltoua

liltoua Member

Haha thanks man!!!

15. digitizedsoul

Wife and I were just out doing morning cardio in the neighborhood and walked past your ride. Thing looks even more beastly in person!

16. liltoua

liltoua Member

Thanks!!! When are you getting your beast?

17. digitizedsoul

"month of december"

pretty sure it's on the meridian ace, which is sitting in baltimore unloading right now.
    Who knows though, my parts wish list is already over 4k lol

18. liltoua

liltoua Member

New addition to the Famarry!!! Sadly not mines, but picked it up for my brother. Got some cleaning up to do to the car because the previous owner neglected it. I'll post up pictures of the clean up and restoration. I'm going to get it fully detailed to get some paint correction in some areas.

[​IMG]

Driving a 2.5L motor really shows me the difference between the 2.0 and the 2.5 motor. The 2.5 has so much more torque than the 2.0. Makes my 2.0 feel so slow haha. I have to downshift all the time in the 2.0 to get anywhere as in the 2.5 just goes. Different beast but I still love my car :)

19. digitizedsoul

still waiting on mine, it'll be yet a 3rd black subaru :D

stance on your car is still the boss though between these two

20. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Congrats! What neighborhood is that? Yours?

21. liltoua

liltoua Member

HAHA the 05 is actually on stock suspension so not nearly as cool as mines :wiggle:, but yes sir another black Subaru!

It's actually my friends that lives near me.

22. liltoua

liltoua Member

Been trying to get the cigarette smell out of the car so I got smart and decided to crack open the Cabin Filter and swap it out. Good thing I did because this is what I found.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. digitizedsoul

ewwwwwwwww.

That from the new STI or from your 2dr?
    one of the worst ones i've seen.

Could be like my tacoma though, doesn't even have a cabin air filter.

24. liltoua

liltoua Member

Yea my RS doesn't have a cabin Filter...that's from the STI. I actually keep my RS interior pretty fresh and minty lol

25. liltoua

liltoua Member

Did some more work to the STI this past week. The power steering on it was leaking SUPER bad. There was fluid pretty much everywhere on the left side of the engine bay. I attempted to rebuild it this past week. Here is how it looked when I pulled it out.

[​IMG]

Took it completely apart minus the bearing and the shaft inside because I didn't know to pop out the shaft. I had a bearing replacement too =(. I replaced all of the orings inside and cleaned up the pump a bit, didn't take a picture of the after product, but it looked 10x better.

Which lead me to cleaning up the engine bay a bit. Pressure washed it because that engine bay was filthy.

[​IMG]

Also if anyone has a spare evap solenoid sensor for sale let me know how much you want for it. I accidentally broke off the nipple on the sensor when taking out the power steering pump.

I also bought some 07 STI brakes and will be swapping them in for my Rotora's that I currently have. So my Rotoras will be for sale soon.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  26. liltoua

liltoua Member

I couldn't pass up on the deal and picked up some Whiteline Rear lateral links for pretty cheap. Now the question is should I run them? I ask because the version I bought is actually for the newer generations (GD). I looked up the GC and the GD specs on the Whiteline site and I really don't see a difference in the two as far as length. I know in stock form the GD's are longer than the GC's, but since these are adjustable...does that mean that the lengths don't apply? Not sure If I'm going to have to run the GD endlinks or if I can still run the same endlinks I have now. I don't want to mess up the geometry of our car because I'm still running GC front control arms.

[​IMG]

27. b reel

b reel Active Member

if they are adjustable they won't work therefore you'll have to sale them to me.

Maybe peckerlord or puffopelli can chime in with their coupe experience but I believe those links are the ones you want for correct camber numbers and axles not falling out

28. liltoua

liltoua Member

Yea that was another thing I was worried about. I don't want my axles popping out haha. I guess another thing I can do is just line it up with the stock GC and see if the lengths are the same.

29. liltoua

liltoua Member

So got the Brembos put on and the DBA rotors. Honestly they feel just like the Rotoras LOL. I don't know if the GD proportioning valve are different than the GC, but I might upgrade to the GD to see if I can the same pedal feel like the GD...maybe my brake booster has to do with it as well. Anyways I'm happy with the switch over to the brembos. Something new to try out.

[​IMG]

Also finally picked up the Autopower 4 point from DWX. I was eying this months and months ago, but we finally set up a time for him to drop it off. Thanks DWX!!!!

[​IMG]

Gonna take it to Millers to get it powder coated and then install the cage.

30. liltoua

liltoua Member

Maybe you guys can help me. The STI's RPMs started to fluctuate from 800 to 600 and I can't figure out what's wrong with it, there are no codes being thrown. I changed out the spark plug/valve cover gasket/Spark plug gaskets today. The fluctuating RPM was happening before I changed out the spark plugs so we can rule out bad spark plugs and coil packs...maybe? Car just has intake/downpipe/Exhaust, everything else is stock.

I'm thinking it might be a vacuum leak because when I reset the ECU the car idles fine and when it warms up it starts to fluctuate. So I started spraying brake cleaner where all the vacuum lines were and didn't get any feedback from the engine RPM dropping. I also cleaned the MAF sensor and still no changes. Does this sound like a vacuum leak or something else?

The weather was awesome today took a picture of both the cars...was working on both of them all day today.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  31. digitizedsoul

idle air controller? do we even have those? lol

best thing to do is datalog @ idle, and see what keeps changing.
    I find the best thing to do with these computer controlled engines is let the computer tell you, if it's instrumentation at least you know which sensor is spitting out garbage values and can physically address it at that point.

32. liltoua

liltoua Member

Yea the newer STI are drive by wire so there is no IACV. My brother just called me this morning and said that the cruise control was flashing and he got a cel and his gas milage went to the shitters, but he said the idling got better HAHA. Gonna get him to pull up the code on the access port, but I'm pretty sure his 02 sensor went out.

33. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

If the cruise is flashing it's misfiring.

34. liltoua

liltoua Member

He just pulled the code and got P0132, ordered a 02 sensor and should be here tomorrow. Thank you Amazon HAHA.

35. digitizedsoul

Nice. Glad that worked out.
    Had 4 people in my car for the first time when we went to supercross this weekend in the dome.

JEEZ that extra weight sucks! I'm so used to rolling solo! #1 way to lose power on the butt dyno, strap in some friends.

36. liltoua

liltoua Member

HAHA throw a roll cage in there like I'm going to...problem solved ;)

37. digitizedsoul

Have you ever weighed that RS? I would be really curious how much it weighs

38. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Probably in the 2800 -2900 lb range.

39. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

might be more with the 6speed and other things, but still fairly light

40. liltoua

liltoua Member

Yea I would agree...the stock curb weight is around 2800. I did go on a small diet with JDM front rear bumper beams and hood. I think the difference between the 5 speed and the 6 speed is somewhere around 80lbs? Correct me if I'm wrong. Also with the roll cage I'm about to put in...I might be back at 2800-2900 HAHA. I need to get rid of my useless sunroof.

41. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

78 lbs diff from 6 speed and 5 speed iirc. Which is a HUGE amount when you are trying to bench press that monster back into the car.....whew!

42. digitizedsoul

i love my sunroof :D

43. liltoua

liltoua Member

Does your sunroof have a window in it? My sunroof doesn't and is kinda pointless to me haha. Plus I want to put a cool roof vent in mines and I can't b/c of the sunroof.

[​IMG]

44. b reel

b reel Active Member

Might want to have the floor pan reinforced before mounting the bar. There's a nice pic of a Mustang GT with the cage poking through the pan after rolling it, not the way it's suppose to work.

45. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

46. digitizedsoul

No my sunroof is a regular kind opens all the way or does the little raised back thing.
    headliner has a thing you can close to block it if it's hot out.

47. liltoua

liltoua Member

Yea if my sunroof had more functionality I wouldn't mind, but it just really gets in the way for me haha.

Yea I don't even know where to go about doing that. If anything I'm going to run this for now and if I get serious enough...I'm just going to get someone to weld it in and maybe even turn it into a 6 point.

48. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

I know Griggs81 went to these guys and they did a great job on his roll cage. Not that I'm an expert on roll cages or anything, but it looked like a well done job.

http://www.robinsonracing.net/

49. liltoua

liltoua Member

^^ That looks awesome! I think anything over a 4 point rollcage for a DD/Weekend warrior is am overkill and potentially dangerous.

Pulled the 02 sensor from the STI....looks questionable....defiantly running lean.

[​IMG]

50. digitizedsoul

stock tune?
    probably why