Little River Canyon Aug 10

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Sparta, Jun 25, 2014.

1. orndog

orndog Member

What's the weather supposed to be? I have a service appointment Saturday but Sunday is looking open.

2. outbacksprt

outbacksprt Member

going and might have a guest not sure yet

3. FACE

FACE Active Member

Unfortunately we are not going to to make it this weekend. Hope you folks have an awesome time and be safe!

4. longfury

longfury Active Member

I might try and make it. It depends on my mood Saturday night. lol

5. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

No car yet, so I am out :(

Everyone have fun and be safe and stuffs.

6. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

I hate to say it, but I am going to have to bail. I have some things I have to take care of, and I have a job interview on Monday I have to get ready for. Huge bummer.

I hope you guys have a fun and safe weekend

7. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

Was hoping to have the car back together by then, doesnt look like its gonna happen :-/

8. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Everyone is bailing. I'm out.

9. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Way to follow the herd

10. liltoua

liltoua Member

Im still goin!!!!!

11. Lndshrk

Lndshrk New Member

Lndshrk and 1 guest will be joining in on the fun. Do we need to bring anything?

12. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Hamburger buns. If you are caravan in you can probably wait until we pit stop at Ingles. By then we should know what exactly we are missing. Still anticipating a few people flaking.

13. Lndshrk

Lndshrk New Member

Sounds good. See you tomorrow.

14. KGraska

KGraska Member

Where at Town Center are we meeting in the morning?

15. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Right next to the Varsity where Subaru had the event a few years ago.

16. longfury

longfury Active Member

What is your ETA for the Ingles in Centre? I am going to try and meet you guys there.

17. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

It was a good turn out. I am sure some people will post pictures
    We had about 20 cars after everyone met up at the bbq location. 0 mishaps and 0 rain. Thanks to all that made it!

18. outbacksprt

outbacksprt Member

I only had one issue.. Gotta replace the rear brake pads now :rofl:

19. orndog

orndog Member

Wife got bad sick, spent my day on the couch caring for the kid.

20. suomi82

suomi82 Member

This was a hell of a drive, first leg with extremely rough road, loose gravel on turns was the funnest for me, second leg was a nice speedy rollercoaster with hairpins, last leg got my co-driver screaming. The good old bugeye got a hell of a beating but it made it. Will post some pics and clips later today. Thanks everyone who attended and Sparta for getting this together.

I am still laughing at that park ranger, I don't know how everyone kept a straight face when she said "We got a call that you guys where going a bit fast, looking at your cars...you propably were" :)

21. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

22. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I toned it down A LOT for this run ;)

I forgot how fun this road was even going just a little over the speed limit.

23. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Looks can be deceiving. Now if he mentioned something about the smell of brakes or that he heard you running it through the gears that's a different story. That's like saying you've obviously been causing trouble because you have a skateboard or your hair is blue.

Wish I could've made it. Sounds like it was a good time.

24. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

It seems to be really really jerky.

25. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Yea, joey and Minnoe went up ahead and did a couple of runs. We were all hanging out at an overlook and a park ranger pulled up and said someone told her we were speeding through the park and she confirmed it by the type of cars we had. For the most part we were pretty tamed.

26. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

Yeah the video is really jerky. I tried using the YouTube video stabilization tool but that made things so much worse. Hopefully undoing that will help the video.

27. resynch

resynch Supporting Member

[​IMG]

I wanted to go but I had to help a friend move. Looks like you guys had an awesome time!