Looking for 20mm sway bar

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by GTscoob, Aug 20, 2004.

1. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

If any of you know anybody selling the OEM 20 mm rear sway bar for cheap let me know. I'd prefer used since it is cheaper. The wagon 17mm rear sway bar sucks.

Thanks,
    Bobby

2. Porter

Porter Member

If I get my hands on a 20mm takeoff I'll save it for you... other than that I have several adjustable bars if you want one. 20-22-24 works well on the wagon.

3. GTscoob

I was wanting an adjustable sway bar but they're more expensive.

4. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

I will have a stock STi one when I get up off my tush and install the new one. Endlinks as well. However unsure if its a 19 or 20.

Jason

5. Porter

Porter Member

I have two spare STi bars sitting here at the shop. They're 19mm stock, but they won't fit a WRX properly. The rear endlink design is totally different.

6. GTscoob

We could always pressure the sedan owners on the site to upgrade theirs and sell us their old ones . . .
    Come on Milo, dont you want a bigger rear sway bar?:keke:

7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

im gonna get aftermarket swaybars in the next couple months... probably gonna go for hotchkis

but first im looking at gauges and up/dp... if u haven't gotten ur swaybar by then....:D

8. GTscoob

I'm gonna wait for Porter to get his stuff set up over at Classic and then I'll go see what kinda prices he can get on Whiteline stuff.

I'd rather have an adjustable one over a stock 20mm anyways. Then I jack up the stiffness and go play drifter with my friends with their RX-7s and 240s and stuff.

9. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

sweet... awd drifter

10. GTscoob

haha, Initial D style. Hopefully the AWD will keep me from curbing my car like each of them has.

11. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

from what porter said, looks like its gonna be a nice controlled drift too

12. GTscoob

haha yeah. Completely out of control with the rear set to 24mm . . .

13. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

:werd:

14. socrates42

socrates42 Member

the sti bar fit perfectly on my 04 wagon, but I had to get new bushings, the 17s were too snug. The endlinks fit though. But this might just be the 04s

15. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

:eek2:

wagon drifter :bowdown: