Magnum body shop

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by tolnep, Jan 15, 2010.

1. tolnep

tolnep Member

Had a minor fender bender over christmas. woman ran a yield sign and tagged me a bit on the rear bumper and right rear quarter panel..

paint looks good. they took it down to SOK to check alignment at my request. i asked that they have steve king look at the alignment since he did the original setup..

body shop did a pretty good job.

funny thing though. i've been tuning my own car. E85, evoIII 16g, id1000 injectors, grimmspeed EBCS, walbro. it runs close to 20 psi from around 3500+ and runs like a raped ape..

however, i figured i better tone it down some. so i set the boost targets to 0, the WGDC to 0, reduce the advance a tad, and set the rev limits to 5000..

so i m talking to the body shop guy who did my car.. say. 'gonna go reset the computer back up, had it limited'.. guy says.. 'yea, i had to test it and i noticed it kept bouncing off 5000 rpm.'. now didnt tell him what the rev limit was set at.. so he really did bounce off the rev limits i had set.. which are enough to drive the car anywhere, get on the interstate and cruise...

live and learn...

oh.. they had two lambo murcielgos sitting side by side in front of the shop orange.. one was really really nice, the second was a bit scratched up. had some bentleys, a few ferraris and a twin turbo porsche too.. one of those lambos was real nice.. theres cars and theres cars and theres cars....

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  2. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

funny, a long time ago my brother had work done there and we had basically the same thing happen.

3. Jake

Jake Active Member

who was the guy? i know the owner and his nephew.

they always have lamborghinis and ferraris and bentleys there. its their specialty. they did EXCELLENT work on my WRX when it basically got totalled.

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

They're the "goto" bodyshop for your upper end cars - Ferrari, Maserati, BMW 7 Series, etc. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with them. Generally speaking they are a stand up shop that does some incredible work. My friend has his S2000 repaired there after hitting a deer and it looks rockin. The paint on his S2000 is the 3 stage yellow paint that most body shops / paint shops cringe at matching.

5. tolnep

tolnep Member

as to the guy.. dont remember his name.. and actually it didnt bother me a bit though the way i wrote it up sounds like a complaint. having mapped it at 5000 rpm limit before i drove over there, i found the performance to be plenty enough for driving the car around. heck you could have driven it all the way to florida and back on the interstate and never noticed it . i was just kinda surprised he admitted he hit the rev limiter. and whoever he was he seemed ok actually. didnt bother me...

the experience overall was good. in fact i may take it back there and have it repainted at some point. i talked to they guy about that. they said expect around 6k. i was a bit surprised to have them say they removed all the glass and rubber before doing it instead of just taping it off.

i had a 240z i customized and i spent around 10k on a complete paint job, including the engine bay. had the car totally paint stripped. i completely gutted the car before i delivered it too. so 6k seems reasonable to me.. i can work on cars.. wish i could paint too, but thats is a complete art...