Max Q's Classic 4/2-Door Sekz

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Max Q, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Max Q

Max Q Member

All done!

[​IMG]

2. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Nice and clean.

3. Alex_ATL

Alex_ATL Member

dope!! Makes me want another RS lol

4. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Does that have old tranny in it?

BTW-The guy that I know at ASA is Kevin Collins. Do you know him?

5. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

nice! bet its a blast to drive

6. Max Q

Max Q Member

Your LGT 5-speed is going in the other one.

The directory says he's a captain on the fifty seater, which means it's possible that I have flown with him. The name doesn't ring a bell though. I would know better if I saw a picture.

7. Max Q

Max Q Member

Update!

Finally got some free time to install Integroid's old LGT 5MT. I got the old tranny apart and found a blown 2nd. The transmission had the crap beat out of it and I'm pretty shocked it lasted as long as it did. The only thing left to do is the prop shaft and intercooler piping. Maybe she'll run today?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I had to read that twice...I thought at first you were saying the tranny you got from me had a blown 2nd and was beat to hell and back:) Glad to see it back on the road!

9. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Such a beautiful car. Good luck with keeping it running this round.....it's too nice to just sit in the garage.

10. Max Q

Max Q Member

It's funny you should say that. After I posted and re-read it, I was like, "did I just say integroids tranny was blown?" :eek3:

Actually, I had to pull yours apart to install a speedo sensor and I could've eaten off the insides of that thing. I absolutely cannot wait to get her going. I had to stop today because the gf and I are meeting some friends for dinner. I'll be right back at it tomorrow in the early AM.

11. Max Q

Max Q Member

Thanks! And no kidding man... :beer:

12. Max Q

Max Q Member

I finally got her back on the road last Thursday and have been driving it everywhere. Integroid's transmission shifts like butter.

Together again!
    [​IMG]

13. Max Q

Max Q Member

So what now? JGTC colors? :D

[​IMG]

14. Max Q

Max Q Member

Or just leave it all white and add a front splitter and rear diffuser?

15. b reel

b reel Active Member

leave it white, for the love of God...

16. Max Q

Max Q Member

C'mon, it'll be fun. :D

[​IMG]

(I know, I'm a ricer)

17. b reel

b reel Active Member

If they paid me, that's the only way I'd put that crap on a car otherwise...

18. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Do what 'you' like best to the car.

Doesn't look that bad and I've had graphics all over my old car but eventually I got sick of the attention and stripped it down......ended up looking better.

19. Max Q

Max Q Member

Well, I was mainly talking about the colors (red and gray), not the stickers or logos. ;)

Still, no doubt that would be tacky as hell. The plan is to keep it all white, move the Version 5 rear spoiler over to the coupe, sell the CF RB5, and stick a CF GT300-style rear spoiler, front splitter, and rear diffuser on the widebody.

It also needs new carpet and seats.

20. Max Q

Max Q Member

21. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

I especially love the professional paint job and interior of your 4d. LOL

Also, why no fog lights?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  22. Max Q

Max Q Member

The intercooler piping is in the way. So no fogs.