Meet at Northpoint (8/19)

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by miloman, Aug 11, 2004.

1. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

since so many people showed up at northpoint last time, lets try to plan another one at the same location on thursday 8/19... hmmm lets say 8pm

here's directions:

There's a fuddruckers on northpoint parkway (6360 Northpoint Parkway, Alpharetta). It's behind this fuddruckers across northpoint mall in alpharetta.

if u plan on joining the caravan from tech, here's details: alex and i plan to meet in the center street parking lot at 7pm. if this lot is full, we might move somewhere else. if you don't find us at 7, then give one of us a call.

If you need to get in touch with myself or Alex, here are our numbers:

Mine: 404 247 2170
    Alex's: 404 216 9827

hope to see a lot of u guys on thursday :)

Rollcall as of Wed. 8/18:
    1-Alex
    2-Faysal
    3-Milo
    4-Jason
    5-Yerrow
    6-GTscoob
    7-Dellwin
    8-TJRCS
    9-Porter
    10-socrates42
    11-02 Silver Wagon
    12-SkullWRX
    13- ?

2. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

Shouldnt be a problem here. See ya all there.

3. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

i think i can do that

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Shouldnt be an issue, I'm in I believe.

5. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I'll be there!!

Any thursday after that I wont but I got off work for the first week of school.

Anybody wanna cruise out from Tech up there? I dont really know where it is

6. Alex

Odds are, I Will either be with milo or be riding with him to get my car (since I am not sure if I will be parked on campus or in milo's parking deck or such). But yeah, its not that hard to find either, feel free to call one of us if you need directions.

We should definately all get together sometime this weekend to say hi (the tech peoples that is).

7. GTscoob

I can do sunday but I've got band camp for this whole week.

8. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

we could plan a meeting spot and caravan up there... i gotta take alex up to get his car... besides that, i'll be free in the evening to meet

9. GTscoob

anything new on this?

10. Alex

Not sure, we've been in discussion, more to come later.

11. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

maybe all us techies could meet up on campus and head up there... on the way we could stop by and pick up alex's car... dunno how much its gonna be out of the way for everyone

comments?

12. GTscoob

I dont know how out of the way that will be but I'm game. I'm done at sometime around 2 on thursday.

13. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

its not gonna be too bad... alex's car will either be garaged in vinings or at my parking deck... i live close to school so if its at my place, it'll be cool... so worst case would be vinings but thats really not that far off...

14. Dellwin

Dellwin Member

Taking a half day on Thurs to head up there. Should be there little after 8.

15. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

Alex,
    Bring some decals...i need silver

16. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

shall post details by tuesday night for anyone interested in a caravan up there

17. Alex

How many decals do I need to bring, or should I bring the entire stack hoping to sell out like I do every meet? :eek:

18. GTscoob

I'll pick up a pair. I cant decide which color I want or where I want to put them . . .

19. Alex

Well I will bring my stack of pewter/silver ones for everyone then. Remember, they are $3 each and I want them all sold soon so buy lots :p

20. fez

fez The Arabian Sensation

you can be cool like me alex and milo and put the stickers on... hehe

yeah im gonna try to be there!

21. GTscoob

I'll buy a pair but I'm gonna wait until the next wash/wax before I put them on.

22. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

so 8PM at North Point Mall?? what do you guys do when you meet up??? Street Racing??? jk~ I'll try my best to go there. see ya~

ps. oh yeah, where do we exactly meet up???

23. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

if u plan on getting there yourself, here's directions:

There's a fuddruckers on northpoint parkway (6360 Northpoint Parkway, Alpharetta). It's behind this fuddruckers across northpoint mall in alpharetta.

if u plan on joining the caravan from tech, stay tuned for details

ps: NO STREET RACING !!!!! :) . basically we just get together, hang out and talk. a lot of subarus show up. last time there were about 16.

24. Porter

Porter Member

I'll be there, probably with the Leg GT again.

25. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

details for the caravan are in the first post

26. GTscoob

that lot will be wide open around 7 and it'll be hard to miss a couple WRXs

27. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

exactly... i dont see any problems meeting there... but just in case, our numbers are posted

28. Eta1405

Eta1405 Member

Damn, I have to work or else I'd be there. I'll probably be able to make the next one since my new job starts Monday and I don't have to work this crappy night shift anymore.

29. socrates42

socrates42 Member

anyone want to go to sweetwater prior to the meet?

30. I'll be there with a grocery getter full of parts for sale :D

31. oh yeah, anyone got a stock catback they want to get rid of look me up at the Pudphuckers.

tall goofy guy in a silver wagon, black widows, gunmetal Rota torque wheels, carbon hood.

32. Alex

not sure on my schedule prior to

33. GTscoob

whats sweetwater?

34. jabbadeeznuts

jabbadeeznuts New Member

I'm there.:coold:

35. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

not sure if i'll be able to make it up to sweetwater.... but i'll see u guys at northpoint

36. Alex

I've got dinner at the house at 530, but after that I'm free...

I'm excited about tonight, if it works out, it will be the biggest turnout yet!

37. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

TECH people, can anyone help me out with my exhaust squeaking sound today before we leave to North Point??? thanx

38. socrates42

socrates42 Member

sweetwater is a brewery in atlanta that has brew tours/keg parties twice a week, im headed up there now. party starts at 420, and goes till about 630 check out their website, www.sweetwaterbrew.com

hope to see a couple wrxs there

39. GTscoob

is that like the Sweetwater 420 beer?

mmm I just finished a couple of those off a couple hours ago.

40. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

it was good to have faces to names and real names to screen names...see ya next time!

41. GTscoob

yeah it was a good meet.

42. Alex

Thank you all for making this the biggest turnout yet! Its very nice to finally be on a first name basis with everyone :cool: The following showed:

1-Alex
    2-Milo
    3-Jason
    4-Yerrow
    5-GTscoob
    6-Dellwin
    7-TJRCS
    8-Porter
    9-socrates42
    10-02 Silver Wagon
    11-SkullWRX

Also, from NASIOC, IA, etc: Matt, Dan, Josh, Miranda, and some guys in a green "ViZionZ ImpoRtZ" something or other...

If I forgot you for one reason or another, dont hesitate to complain for me to edit this post :bigthumb:

43. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

im glad i got to meet everyone... we really dominated the corrall at northpoint